It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden Looks Like Heading for Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
He appears to have been persuaded to leave his hiding place in Afghanistan by al Qaeda’s Iraq commander Abu Musab al Zarqawi.

Coded electronic signals bandied in recent days among al Qaeda Middle Eastern elements across secret Internet sites all carry the same message: the supreme leader, Osama bin Laden, has come out of hiding in Afghanistan and set out, or is about to set out, for Iraq. This is the sense gained from this correspondence by DEBKAfile’s exclusive counter-terror sources.

debka.com...

Very interesting news if true.
Maybe the U.S military can finally take him out.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Osama prefers to hide in the mountains with few people who he can trust. in Iraq u cant hide someone so infamous. too many eyes.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I think Osama is dead and he won't be heading to anywhere... ever!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I would be surprised if Osama were to head to Iraq. Why would someone so hunted by the U.S. leave someplace where he has been able to elude U.S. forces to a place that has been heavily permeated by them.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If we know he's headed to Iraq we must know where he is. no?

Simple mathematics with a little logic.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
he only apears in videos when bush really needs him, ala the pre-election comment on Kerry

I think Bush is saving the nest video for Iran somehow, maybe UBL will praise Iran in someway so Bush can make a connection and justify war.

If we know this info, Deltaforce knew about it a week ago. He is either dead or this is a hoax designed to see how we respond

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCFusion
I would be surprised if Osama were to head to Iraq. Why would someone so hunted by the U.S. leave someplace where he has been able to elude U.S. forces to a place that has been heavily permeated by them.

It is because The most dangerous place is the most safe because your enemy won't look at their own house... Osama should go to US, know one can find him there... if he is still alive... which i doubt

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've never seen that picture before. Has anyone else?

And what is this DEBKAfile? Is it reliable?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

And what is this DEBKAfile? Is it reliable?

Maybe. They are a news source from the Middle East, or with Middle eastern connections. They sometimes quote "secret" DEBKA sources. They present the news as their own mostly and they dont quote other sources like alot of other online agnecies do.

They seem to be pro Israeli and West.

But...

They dont seem sensationalize and thier reports are somewhat perfessional. Are they real? Who knows because they tend to stay away from stories we hear from the mainstream media.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I don't buy this for a minute. Aside from the fact that there's no reason for bin Laden to go to Iraq, as Zarqawi is about as effective a terrorist leader as one can be in Iraq, bin Laden would be going against and effectively wasting every single precaution he has taken since 9/11 to stay out of sight.

So I guess bin Laden is stuck between Iraq and a hard place!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
I don't buy this for a minute. Aside from the fact that there's no reason for bin Laden to go to Iraq, as Zarqawi is about as effective a terrorist leader as one can be in Iraq, bin Laden would be going against and effectively wasting every single precaution he has taken since 9/11 to stay out of sight.

So I guess bin Laden is stuck between Iraq and a hard place!

if he is alive, he is in a hole somewhere. I mean 25 million $$$ will test the loyalties of any group, so he has to keep his circle very small

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

very good. What would an incapacitated Osama want in Iraq? His Last Stand? Pleeeeze
This isnt fiction by Steven King..LOL

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What is Debka? Did you not notice all the adverts for Israeli interests on the sites main page? Did you not notice the tone of all of the articles?

FROM what I remember reading sometime ago.. Debka USE to be a flyer that was handed out since day one of Israel by the Mossad as a propaganda tool (don't remember where I read that).

Now, if there is any doubt in your mind that it IS STILL in use as a propaganda tool of the Mossad after reading the articles.. then.. well.. uh.. well, you probablly also believe that building 7 fell because of fire, and there is nothing that can be done for you... sorry.

But seriously.. I use Debka as a bit of tool myself in gauging how hot things are about to get... judging by their lead article today... I think the green zone is about to get very very very hot. We're talking turned in to heat and light hot.

What I've always thought, is that perhaps instead of a false flag operation on an American city that instead... "they'd" wipe out Bahgdad. This makes a 'pull out' of troops unnessesary. And a draft nessesary to replace all the dead american soldiers.. then.. like I've said in other posts.. one year to train everyone, one year left till the big show down.

OBL wiping out Baghdad also serves another purpose.. it completely destroys Iraq. It could then be broken down in to three (or is it four) seperate and easilly controlable countries (oil companies actually).

And I mean... the 'insurgency' has already proven that they don't have any problem with destroying Arabs who are 'on their side' ... so then Baghdad is destroyed.. we'll all believe it.. I mean.. I read it on Debka.. OBL is heading over there... that means something BIG is about to happen. Right?

"I saw it on TV!" - Wag the Dog

Since its been well said that an American city can't be false flagged without causing serious problems that the US would never recover from, so... its perfect that OBL is heading over to Iraq to "fix" the situation for the US just like he fixed the problem with the fact that the WTC had to come down in someway. Even though OBL has never (depending on what you believe the truth to be) attacked 'the innocent' .. only military targets. "You know them terrorists have no qualms about killing innocents." ... we've all ready the propaganda.

We won't make it through the end of Sept without WW3 or WW4 or WW3.5 (whatever we want to call it) ... being moved in to full swing.

Middle of Sept the article says eh? A Sept 11th in Iraq in the GreenZone while everyone elses eyes are on the US cities.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vis Mega
What I've always thought, is that perhaps instead of a false flag operation on an American city that instead... "they'd" wipe out Bahgdad. This makes a 'pull out' of troops unnessesary. And a draft nessesary to replace all the dead american soldiers.. then.. like I've said in other posts.. one year to train everyone, one year left till the big show down.

This is exactly why I asked. I can see possibilities in this scenario. Also, if we're convinced that the big bad Osama is in Iraq, it could encourage support for the action there. If it doesn't, 'they'
can wipe out Bahgdad and once again, the nation rallies behind its fearless leader.

Also, if he's headed for Iraq, he has to go through... IRAN!

Oh, yes, Rasputin!

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That is very interesting indeed. While that's possible, I really doubt OBL would make the fatal mistake of going to Iraq. There's no way somebody wouldn't rat him out. If anything he'd send his people there and keep himself hidden. There's no reason he would have to be there personally.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ok, if this is even remotely accurate, he HAS to know that it will be to his death. there are few reasons he would do this, in my opinion. his followers are losing faith, he believes the Day of Islam is at hand, or, he is making a "last stand." this would not be a move made by a guerrilla team in central America, but remember, as much as we think we might, we don't know the way this guy's head works. maybe, to him, this is the honorable thing to do, to stand up to his enemies where they have cleared the battlefield for him to come to. either way, like i said, he HAS to know, this will be his death and he must be ready for it in that classic muslim martyr sort of way. reports had also been that his health was questionable, so, maybe he is dying........

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Yeah, he's definitly heading to Iraq.
This photo was just captured.
It clearly shows the trail left in the ground as Osama drags his dialysis machine around.
From the shadow angle, i'd say it's heading right for Baghdad.

He's dead people. You can see he aged 20 years in around 5 years until Dec 2001 when Pakistan paper reported his death and 'archive footage' was his only claim to fame hence forth. In the videos that came out after that time, he either looked younger or his health hadn't changed but rather freezing in time circa 2000 but minus the crippling posture and sagging skin he had at that time.

His health issues were well documented. What ever miracle cure he must have to still be alive today, travelling around and finacially organising a global terrorist business of hundreds of seperate cells, would almost certainly be worth exchanging for a pardon since it's obviously a true death reversing antidote that would save more lives than he could ever kill.
Maybe he has the Holy Grail already....

[edit on 11-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
syrinx high priest
If I rember right the reward has been uped to 50 million. Still more then enuff to test any loylaties I am sure.
And I really dont think its a good idea to leve what ever hole he is in to travel to Irac either. Cant say if he is alive or dead. But I do think it might be wise for those closest to him to plant him in secrete to keep the myth alive.

new topics

top topics

join