It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venezuelan President Chavez warns Bush (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It seems that President Chavez of Venezuela has decided the best way for him to gather support is to yell as loudly as he can that he is a target of Bush's administration. I think he needs work on his rhetoric, "the mother of all battles" courtesy of Saddam had a better ring to it

www.cnn.com
Chavez: U.S. will 'bite the dust' if it invades
Tuesday, August 9, 2005; Posted: 6:41 a.m. EDT (10:41 GMT)
Venezuelan President Chavez called the U.S. the "most savage, cruel and muderous empire" in world history.
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) -- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez told thousands of visiting students that if U.S. forces were to invade the South American country, they would be soundly defeated.

The U.S. government has strongly denied Chavez's claims that it is considering military action against Cuba's closest ally in the Americas.

But Chavez said late Monday that the U.S. government, which "won't stop caressing the idea of invading Cuba or invading Venezuela," should be warned of the consequences.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Its sad as an american that this nation is seen as an imperialist war monger, we have taken the role on the world stage previously held by Germany and Russia. I don't think President Chavez has any real concerns, even though they produce a lot of oil, Bush's hit list has Iran and Syria on it, and he'll be out of power before he can get to it.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It seams a though today is "in fashion" to claim the we are going to invade some country. Everybody looking to take down big bad America. If we dont help out who will?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It seams a though today is "in fashion" to claim the we are going to invade some country.

Well you did try and engineer a coup to remove his democratically elected government. Did you expect him to be happy with that?

Also, if you think a little deeper, why do people think you're going to invade their country? Is it just fashion or is it a belief based upon the bellicosity and war-like stance of the bush administration?

I don't think Venezuela is in line for an invasion anytime soon but Chavez may be playing the right game by crying to the world about it just in case. In my opinion there are a couple of targets higher on the list than Venezuela, Iran and NK to name two.

[edit on 9-8-2005 by Chris McGee]

join