It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastated Mother Camps Out In Front Of Bush Crawford Ranch - Waiting To Confront The President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
More crap about Cindy, good or bad think what you want, but while America is watching the new dog and pony show what is happing in Washington what are the Neo-Cons up to while you aren't looking.
Rove and crew getting ready to leave the country I wounder?

Zionist 'Attack Dogs' Savage Cindy Sheehan

Matt Drudge went national and told the world that he got an e-mail from Cindy Sheehan's 'Auntie Mamme' and basically the email said that the Grand Dame, Uncle Fester, Cousin Jethro, and Grandma Kettle considered Cindy a disgrace.

Oddly, none of the relatives know anything about this. can be found at bottom of page.

[edit on 14/8/2005 by Sauron]

An excellant point!
However, I'm really only half-*ss keeping track of this story because I find it amusing, and I truly do admire her spirit. And I think that the time is long due for someone to force into the maintream media, concepts, ideas and truths that they would just as soon continue to either completely ignore or brush over.

I for one am keeping my eye on Rove, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Roberts & the rest of the Neo-Cons. They think that their plans for the Neo World run by Cons like them are gonna just slip by everyone at this late stage in the game? I certainly hope not!!

[edit on 8/15/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well I’m glad to see that some in the media are starting to remember about Rove and gang. I have been saying this whole Cindy thing was being used to distract Americans and the world from the Rove leaks & the Downing st memos.

Cindy Sheehan Confronts Judith Miller's War
by Ahmed Amr
Snip~~

This war can best be told by narrating the stories of two women. One woman played an instrumental role in launching the invasion of Iraq and the other is determined to end the occupation and bring the troops home. One woman wants to shed light on the lies that led to war and the other is willing to hide in jail to avoid telling the truth about her role in this catastrophe.
One lady is the mother of a fallen soldier who only demands a few rational answers as to why her son died. The second is a war-mongering tramp and WMD huckster who refuses to divulge her role in outing Valerie Plame.

usa.mediamonitors.net...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sheehan's husband has filed for divorce according to "The Smoking Gun," who has posted this copy of the court document:

The Smoking Gun

posted on Aug, 16 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We now have pictures of the Bush/Sheehan meeting. This is before Sheehan was paid off by left wing activists.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

I guess their meeting went well, she got a kiss from the President. Maybe she wants a second meeting to get another kiss?

posted on Aug, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You know, we don't know that she was paid off by anyone. I feel truely sorry for her loss, I can't imagine what it is like to lose a child.

This is not about Cindy Sheehan, though. She's a grieving mother and a protester, and has every right to be. She also has every right to change her mind, having said in the past that she knew President Bush truely wants to see freedom for the Iraqi people and some other things at the time of her tragedy. Now she says things like, "America is not a country worth dying for." She has every right to.

My biggest problem with this issue isn't Cindy Sheehan, it's the media coverage. The New York Times published an article about her talking about the "broad coalition" of protesters out there with her, using a term that is unacceptable by them to talk about the majority of countries throughout the world coming to help with Iraq, but does work when Moveon gets together. Cindy Sheehan is being exploited right now. She is one grieving mother who wants an end to the war after losing her son. There are many, many parents who have lost children over there who feel exactly the opposite. Why won't the media give them attention? Why can't they tell their story and how they feel? There is a media blackout when it comes to grieving parents who support the war, yet you get one woman who doesn't, and there's coverage of her almost 24/7. If that's not bias, I don't know what is.

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You know, we don't know that she was paid off by anyone. I feel truely sorry for her loss, I can't imagine what it is like to lose a child.
My biggest problem with this issue isn't Cindy Sheehan, it's the media coverage.

Jake, I so appreciate your compassion and your openmindedness about Ms. Sheehans right to change her mind and to protest.

As regards the media, who knows why they glom onto one story and ignore others? I don't know about you but:

- 8 weeks of intensive coverage of a kidnapping in Aruba is enough!
- I know all I need to know about the BTK killer. He's had is 15 minutes, yet he's still in the news today!
- Jennifer and Brad and Angelina and Tom Cruise can all go take a bath together for all I care, but the NEWS media can't seem to leave them alone.

The pap covered in the MSM isn't worth reading or watching!

The Sheehan story just happens to be of the liberal persuasion so it looks like it's the liberal media at work. There are plenty of pro-Bush and pro-war and pro-administration-hero type stories in the news.

Every time the media shows Rumsfeld or Bush as some kind of upstanding honorable people, that could be considered right-leaning media. When they show an anti-war protest, it's considered left-leaning. It seems that whenever there is a 'left' story, y'all start crying about the liberal media. What you don't remember or realize is that most of the time, it's been conservative media, it just feels right to you so you don't see the bias. But whenever there's a story that leans to the left, it gets your attention and cries of "Liberal Media!" come out of the woodwork.

BTW, Sheehan isn't on cnn, MSNBC or yahoo today. Where is this coverage you're seeing?

posted on Aug, 19 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by junglejake
My biggest problem with this issue isn't Cindy Sheehan, it's the media coverage.

- 8 weeks of intensive coverage of a kidnapping in Aruba is enough!
- I know all I need to know about the BTK killer. He's had is 15 minutes, yet he's still in the news today!
- Jennifer and Brad and Angelina and Tom Cruise can all go take a bath together for all I care, but the NEWS media can't seem to leave them alone.

Yes, I agree that the above 3 stories have had more media coverage than they ever should have had in the first place. It's too bad about the missing Aruba girl, but if she's to get so much publicity, then why not give equal time to all the other missing people?

And, I know I started this thread, even in admiration of Cindy getting the word out on the mainstream media regarding the overwhelming evidence that the president was not very forthcoming regarding the real reason(s) for the war. But I guess I spoke too soon. She has been lately the main media attraction. Oh well, she went home now, to see her ill mother.....

BTW, Sheehan isn't on cnn, MSNBC or yahoo today. Where is this coverage you're seeing?

I know you were asking Jake, but I happened to see your post. Cindy has been very well covered by ABC. ie: "Good Morning America", "World News Tonight", Nightline, etc..... every ABC "news" related show they could find room for her, there she was/is.

[edit on 8/19/2005 by CyberKat]

posted on Aug, 20 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
I know you were asking Jake, but I happened to see your post. Cindy has been very well covered by ABC. ie: "Good Morning America", "World News Tonight", Nightline, etc..... every ABC "news" related show they could find room for her, there she was/is.

So, ABC has her covered, huh? The only news I ever watch on TV is cnn and that's just to do a quick check to see if there's anything (i.e. a terror attack) going on at the present. The reason I don't watch TV for news is that they are going for ratings, like any sitcom or soap opera, so if Cindy makes people want to watch TV, then Cindy it shall be. They haven't been reporting the news for new's sake for many years and it's only gotten worse recently.

If people are sick of Cindy coverage, maybe the best thing to do would be to write or call the station or quit watching. We certainly can't blame Cindy for the news coverage.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join