It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The validity of the dropa stones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   
hey ive been reading about these forums for a short while now and thought id register to ask this question.

im pretty sure most know about the dropa stones paranormal.about.com...

anyway in this text ^ and many others about the dropa stones they mention the original translation text "The Grooved Script Concerning Spaceships Which, as Recorded on the Discs, Landed on Earth 12,000 Years Ago." my question is does anyone have this text, as after my ten minuetes feeble reaserch i just found a bunch of repeated writings.

not being alble to find this text and the fact that the stones are lost makes me question this, i know that i know nearly nothing about this so could someone please enlighten me

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Where were they supposedly lost?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by You Get Served
anyway in this text ^ and many others about the dropa stones they mention the original translation text "The Grooved Script Concerning Spaceships Which, as Recorded on the Discs, Landed on Earth 12,000 Years Ago."

This has a number of "hoax" elements about it -- such as the fact that it just "happened" to be a "playable" disc. In fact, it appears that there never was any such archaeologist and that the original story was published in some Russian tabloids in the 1960's:
ufos.about.com...

The article above is a pretty thorough job of research, I should add. It would appear that Erik von Daniken made the whole thing up.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

my question is does anyone have this text, as after my ten minuetes feeble reaserch i just found a bunch of repeated writings.

not being alble to find this text and the fact that the stones are lost makes me question this, i know that i know nearly nothing about this so could someone please enlighten me

I feel pretty sure that there's a text floating out there somewhere and that it:

* will talk about our space brothers and messages
* will talk about how special we are because we are NOT cousins of the apes but rather a special wonderful breed of people from the stars.
* the messages will be culturally consistant with Western philosphy and be pretty fluffy and vague
* The book will cost $12.00 - $25.00

...and will be complete lies. But it'll make folks happy.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
thanks muchly for clearing this up fast

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Wow! This is why I come to this site!
So that's what the "Deny Ignorance" motto means?
You guys get to the bottom of things..............

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morzikaga
Wow! This is why I come to this site!
So that's what the "Deny Ignorance" motto means?
You guys get to the bottom of things..............

Actually these have been on here a few times in the past. In fact a simple Search would show numerous threads about them.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Member's only been on for about a week, I wouldn't be too hard, hehe...

The search option takes some getting used to, but be sure to read all of the fields, look at the drop downs, etc. You don't HAVE to accept the defaults, just as an FYI. It can be a useful tool, no doubt, but take some time to get used to it.

Another means is to do a simple google search, just include ATS or Abovetopsecret in your criteria...

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just did a search, thanks for the tip, some great threads there.

top topics

join