It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson prays for Death and illness to strike supreme court justices

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Actually Pat Robertson is backing the new candidate to the supreme court seat, he is not about to want all of the dead you know, he likes Scalia, and Thomas.

They are his "Brand of Justices"

After all Pat and his "Christian Coalition" are the ones backing up the "Religous Equality Amendment" in congress that will promised to his followers the taking over of the nation by the " Moral Mayority"

Base in that "Separation of State and Religion" was not what the Forefathers wanted.

Occurs this wide believe in the Christian communtity took roots during the 80's but now is the credo of the fundamentalist chrisitan rights.

Most people have not clue how it started.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He didn't pray for their death or to be ill. He prayed for them to retire and new justices to be appointed. Obviously this prayer is coming to fruition because Sandra Day O'Connor is retiring.

I am a christian and Pat Robertson isn't one who I listen to for advice. Their are others I go to first. I have noticed this though. He is different than He was a few years ago and I don't mean this in a negative. I have heard a change in him for the positive and for what God really says.

I have also heard the same thing for Billy Graham but the exact opposite. Mr. Graham used to be very exact in properly presenting christianity and is now making statements and doing things that are not Biblically sound.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually Pat Robertson is backing the new candidate to the supreme court seat, he is not about to want all of the dead you know, he likes Scalia, and Thomas.

They are his "Brand of Justices"

After all Pat and his "Christian Coalition" are the ones backing up the "Religous Equality Amendment" in congress that will promised to his followers the taking over of the nation by the " Moral Mayority"

There is a distinction of what christians want and what others who are not christians want. This should not surprise anyone. Christians see a our nation heading away from God so we are desiring a change in that. We need to be very proper in what we to but we need to make our voice heard.

Ancient Israel did the same thing. They became a divided kingdom and God removed them from being a nation. This is an example set before us and any other nation. Alot of people wonder where the U.S. is in Bible prophecy, because being the current most powerful nation on the earth it's hard to find this country clearly spoken of in the Bible. Maybe we to are "removed" from being the foremost nation of the world because we turned from the one true and living God. I sense a mighty economic problem headed in our direction.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No dbrant Pat Robertson is not in your best christian interest, he is for money, power and let me tell you Religion for the likes like him means big busisness.

You need to see a false prophet for what it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Christians see a our nation heading away from God so we are desiring a change in that. We need to be very proper in what we to but we need to make our voice heard.

Funny, I am a Christian and yes our country is headed in the wrong direction. The reason being those who call themselves "Christians" yet don't use tolerance or care about what others of different faiths believe.

Saw a Baptist preacher man on TV one day saying those that are "tolerant" are not taking a stand. Sure I do. I take a stand against people of his ilk who do not follow the words of Christ. Jesus did nothing but preach tolerance. HE spoke of the "truth". Truth is he is more lost.

We are mired in the middle East fighting just the thing many in this country want us to become. Very ironic. We are headed down the slippery slope of self implosion led by those who claim they have the inside on GOD yet when they preach what they claim is his love do it with nary a smile.

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think it's arrogant and foolish to think that God cares about our politics and/or geo-political boundaries in the least. You really think God cares about who is on the SCOTUS? You trivialize God when you make statements like that. But, I also believe that God pays no attention when some insignificant human makes such ridiculous statments.

If God cared about all the silly stuff that the Christian Right seems to think are the most important items on the Almighty Agenda, I think God would be hitting the Omnipotent Delete Key and *poof*!

My God is way bigger than all this nonsense. I'm sorry if your's is too small.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The founders of this nation knew the history of many nation in the past and also knew the manner in which religion was used to control the people through governments. From ancient Greece..the days of the Children of Israel, to Rome and following nations. Right through the middle ages they knew this history and the meddling or mischief that governments get into when the use or misuse religion for thier purposes. These founders were not ignorant of this history by far...particularly the meddling history of the RCC for almost 1700 years at the founding of this nation.
The seperation of church and state was to prevent the existance here of the doctrine of "Divine Right of Kings" which is what was born out of this lack of "seperation of church and state. Divine Right of Kings is a doctrine hardly heard anymore because we are so "enlightened" today. Hardly.
Seperation of church and state was to keep the government from meddling in religious affairs so that they would not get into the kinds of mischief of which happened in Rome and into the middle ages. Instead this government trys to keep the people from the free expression of their religion so that the government can play through with every avarice they can conceive even war...at the expense of and in the name of the public and be justified in this conduct. Same thing that was happening in Ancient Rome complete with deficits. Same thing that was happeing in the RCC complete with deficits and divine right kings. Wars also.
Seperation of church was never to keep the public from the free expression of their religious beliefs and practices..public or private ..it was to be a restriction on the government. Never the public.
Our government covers this drivel with a talmudic rule..to exclude them selves called ironically ...the "Exclusionary Rule" Rules to break the rules..providing you follow the correct rules. You must use the rules to break the rules.
Nevertheless the results are plain. Eventually the government will be the religion ..it doesnt take much IQ to figure this one out. You will have come full circle.

Thanks,
Orangetom.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've always been taught that you pray for something good and positive- This man is pure evil and has a different God than most of us have.. And to think he makes so much money by your support and contributions...He can also close his eyes and God heals thru him
Who does this remind me of? In touch with God 24/7. I'm sure he receives directives from him too a la Bush.

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Pat Robertson does not have the ears of the Lord, his prayers are in vain.
Don't think so, just go to his house and have a walk about.
The only thing good about what Pat Robertson has done is the creation of the Regent Law School.

He, first and foremost, needs to understand the role of the church within the state.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Both RANT and dbrandt are correct.

Rant was correct when he said it would have been more appropriate
(and MUCH nicer) for the fellow to call for people to pray for good health
for the judges (as well as good cognizant understanding so as to
make good sound decisions in the court room).

dbrandt is correct in saying that it isn't evil to pray that people
come to understand their own failing health and that they let
go of their egos and move aside.

These people are not irreplaceable. Pray for their good health.
Pray for their good decisions. But yes, also pray for their common
sense that when they are too sick or their minds aren't sharp any
longer .. that they put their ego aside and they retire.

That's easier said than done. It's VERY hard to get oldsters to
give up their drivers liscenses when they can't drive well any longer.
It's hard to get them to admit when they can't perform work tasks
any longer. We are finding that out as we are having to deal with
my older parents and my father-in-law (my mother-in-law died
last week). They don't want to admit to getting older and not being
able to think clearly or do things as well. They think they are the
only ones on the planet who can do their particular job ... but there
are 6 billion people on this planet ... and everyone is replaceable.

I suppose we will all be in that boat ... God willing that we live that long.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
www.sullivan-county.com...

He doesnt speak to God. Beware of false prophets who use my name in vain.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolej

God didn't strike anyone dead, so I guess he*wouldn't* do such a thing.

Really? Sodom and Gomorah? Isn't that what Christians believe? That God himself struck down these cities for their sinfullness. How about the great flood? Wasn't that THE biggest strike dead? I don't know what you are trying to get at...there are plenty of times that God supposidly striked people dead.

As far as Robertson.......I'm praying right now that God will "put sanity into HIS mind"....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Most of us here on ATS can see thru the hipocracy of Rev. Pat. Still his influence is growing at an alarming rate. He is making more money, gaining record number converts to his ministry and becoming more politiclly powerful all the time. Do not discount his power just because he is a fool.

"Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before" from an old hymn

America is in for some bloody days at the hands of the "religious right"

Jesus isn't the prince of Peace anymore but a rationalization to smite the wickid.

I'm much more afraid of Pat and Jerry and their ilk, than any Muslim.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999

The media shills for the partys...both of them. I get very tired of Sean Hanitys tack ..it gets very olde and predictable. It drones on and on.Same with the other networks.

As to dividing people along race, gender, economic lines this is the tack of the liberals ..standard party line...and tactics. Very , Very predictable. It gets very olde and predictable. It drones on and on.I dont have much respect for either party and thier tactics. Especially thier fear tactics...both of them.

Talk about going on and on...sheesh....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well i'm not surprised ...it is not the first time Pat R. pulls stunst like this...just like when he saidGod had told him to run for President. The "Christian" world dumped millions of dollars on him for his Presidential Campaign, and than nothing happened...not only he did not run, the money *poofed*

All of these Protestant "christian" leaders are corrupt to the bonee...so I'm not surprised he would pray for someone death... what a Godly, Loving, Jesus Love Filled prayer that is ....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join