It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial Numbers On Bullets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Article

Well there you go, another sign, I guess. Not to sure if this is related, but whatever.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Only in California it is being considered, but yes, i could see this coming into action, then spreading. Really not surprising, guns and ammo are being cracked down on and this would further that to the point of basically having your name on your bullet.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurityOfPeace
Only in California it is being considered, but yes, i could see this coming into action, then spreading.

yes, because both NAFTA & CAFTA agreements would help make something like this ammo-ID proposal effective in all of N America.

but the idea of ?engraving? a id # on projectiles would be no better than
the results that is now gotten from the id of 'rifiling' signatures, which the
police use to some effect, right now.
would the extra cost be of any benefit...nope imho...it would just create
another level of bureaucracy and the raising of taxes to support the additional technicions and staff.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
yeah, where it came from makes all the difference, how do they propose to keep registered bullets from falling into the wrong hands... black market sales of stolen bullets would become a reality, innocent people could be framed.
But on principle I do agree that it would help law enforcement to trace a shot back to where the bullet came from.
...and speaking of bullets, I guess its only a matter of time before there is a "smart bullet"
...talk about surgical strike, can you just imagine the paranoia this world would live under?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
What about home reloaders that make their own bullets?
Where making your own bullets may not be easily done with metal jacketed bullets, it's done everyday with standard lead ball ammo for handguns and handguns are the most problematic when it comes to crime.

top topics

join