It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nose problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey BTS members,

For the last couple of months I've been having this strange problem. At random times, when I tilt my head down (Like to tie my shoe) this clear liquid comes shooting out of my nose (probably 6-7 drops everytime it happens) and it's very annoying. I can be in a social situation, and look down at the ground or something, and BAM, the liquid comes rushing out.
I have no idea what it is, but it kind of freaks me out. I don't get any headaches and the only problem I have physically is my asthma, which hasn't been bothering me lately. I'm not sure if this is normal or something I should see the Doctor about.

Anyone have any idea what this is? Please let me know.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
First off....If it's something that's been on your mind, or have had problems with on more than one occasion, it's always the best that you see the doctor first before asking, "Should I see the doctor?"

Where you recently in a car accident, or have you ever suffered from whiplash?

The first thing I thought of was Cerebrospinal Fluid - But I don't know how common of an occurrence is to have spontaneous leakage from the nose without some sort of preexisting condition....Not to mention that you said you don't have severe headaches....

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well, 2 years ago I fell off a car doing 80km/h and my head was the first thing to hit the ground. After going to the hospital and getting checked out, the doctor said everything was fine and I should just go home and get some rest.

That's about the last time I suffered any kind of injury.

I've been on various types of anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills in my past, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it.

I've also had '___' in my system, and for the last couple of months I used dimenhydrinate (about 100mg a day) to help me sleep, or just relax.

I wake up every morning with a runny nose, and a filled up chest, (asthma) and i'm thinking that might have something to do with it. But then again, when this 'leakage' happens, my nose is 100% clear, or so I thought.

So yeah, that's what i've been through, hopefully it has something to do those ideas, rather then something serious.

join