It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Lunacy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Answer these questions...

Is there a link between UFOs, Aliens and Ghosts?

I've heard theories from some very whack Christian Pastors that say UFOs and Aliens are actually demonic in nature, anyone ever look into this? better yet, anyone care one way or another?

If Prisons, Slave plantations, Insane Asylums are haunted, and most investigated for paranormal activity, why don't pro-life paranormal investigators investigate abortion clinics? Better yet, from STRICKLY a Pro-Life point of view, wouldn't Abortion Clinics be the most haunted places in North America??

Bottom line is...
What practical purpose does Investigating and proving this pheonmena serve?
In my study I came to the conclusion back in 2001, that it does not serve a greater purpose. It is a bona fide pseudo-science.
Here are more of my findings...

- It could serve to correct historical mistakes.
- Espinoge and Spying (See my thread about THE SPIRIT GUIDE PROGRAM).
It's all explained in shocking detail!
- Helping stop and end violence, hate and racism. What can the dead tell us in their own voices with EVPs?
- Solve Crimes

That is about it.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here is my opinion on the abortion thing...

The leading theory is that most ghosts are people who die traumatically or have a lot of trauma in their lives, a place where they released a lot of emotional energy, etc. Fetuses don't really have enough development to really be ghosts or be able to do anything. They never learned to communicate, never even moved outside of fluid. Even if a fetus did haunt you... it would be what, this little floating peanut-sized thing? Not too scary. Maybe they do, but people have no way to detect them or haven't bothered to notice. Being not pro-life, IF ghosts exist, I don't think that a fetus would have a 'ghost' anyway. Thats just my two cents though.

As for "whack pastors"... I have heard them swear that a lot lesser things "the work of the devil". Kind of like old people yelling at clouds. I have heard aliens described as gods and god himself, the devil, or simply other beings. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. Very complex issue. And the fact may be that there are actually different types of aliens which could fit all or some of these descriptions.

I don't know if UFOs and Aliens are connected to ghosts.... but if UFOs and Aliens fit the description of what most people on this site consider them, then those two are presumed to be linked.

I agree that paranormal investigation is gone about entirely the wrong ways. They are often partial and allow outside things to influence their experiments and readings, etc. But as for actual, efficient investigation, it is the only way that we will ever learn the truth behind these things. If Gallelio didn't watch the sky, he wouldn't have discovered that the earth was round. The only things that will either prove or disprove exactly what each of these "paranormal" phenomenon are is investigation and experimentation, in my opinion.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godzilla1985

I don't believe that there is a link between UFOs, Aliens, and ghosts. I'm sure others would agree. But a UFO could be just about anything, Aliens if they exist (I hope they do) either haven't found Earth yet or are strictly studying us or something. And ghosts, well they are just the energy of people left behind after they die.

I've heard theories from some very whack Christian Pastors that say UFOs and Aliens are actually demonic in nature, anyone ever look into this? better yet, anyone care one way or another?

I actually used to believe along these lines...well I did for a little while anyways. Basically it comes from the fear of the unknown and religious dogma the church preaches. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

If Prisons, Slave plantations, Insane Asylums are haunted, and most investigated for paranormal activity, why don't pro-life paranormal investigators investigate abortion clinics? Better yet, from STRICKLY a Pro-Life point of view, wouldn't Abortion Clinics be the most haunted places in North America??

This is actually an easy question in my opinion. The reason prisions, slave plantations, and mental hospitals are haunted and abortion clinics aren't is because they've had terrible things happen to the people in them throughout their life and babies haven't really done anything yet.

- It could serve to correct historical mistakes.
- Espinoge and Spying (See my thread about THE SPIRIT GUIDE PROGRAM).
It's all explained in shocking detail!
- Helping stop and end violence, hate and racism. What can the dead tell us in their own voices with EVPs?
- Solve Crimes

I don't really see how these have to do with you findings? UFOs could be some kind of spying or espinoge from other countries or aliens. I don't really see how it would stop fiolence, hate, or racism because they are all rooted in fear. And I don't see how it would help solve crimes. If ghosts exists (which I believe they do) it would prove that there is some kind of life after death, and if aliens exist (which again I do) would just prove that we aren't alone in this Universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I agree somwhat with some of the ideas expressed here about Ghosts, but not the direct connection to people who have died. Ghosts are created by the deaths of people but they are not 'the' people themselves.

Fundamentally we are beings of energy, when you have a thought it is an impulse of energy. Emotions are huge amounts of energy that can be easily seen both in physical reactions like red faces and in the heat that angry people radiate. The stronger the emotion the greater the energy.

What I think happens when someone dies a violent death is that the energy is impressed upon the surroundings. Along with the energy of the emotions involved is some fraction of the thoughts of the person. Combined together and you have enough power to make things happen. So when someone sees a ghost what they are seeing is this imprinted energy.

This is not to say that I do not believe there is another form of existance that we take after we die, I certainly do. But the idea that a ghost is the form of a dead person dates back to a time where let's face it, humans were ruled more by ignorance than by knowledge. We have simply kept the idea going because no one has been able to prove what I have said to the point where it can overcome Centuries of ignorance. Once an idea becomes widespread it take an awful lot to change it.

As far as investigation into the paranormal being able to make us better people I have to agree with that statement. Empathy alone changes how we act towards each other. I know that I am going to feel the emotions of people I interact with and there are some things I never wish to experience.

Investigation into these topics also leads you to a deeper understanding of how what we do today affects what happens to us tomorrow. Once you really see that you start to think more carefully before you lash out in anger or cause harm to another person.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/8/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Answer these questions...

Better yet, from STRICKLY a Pro-Life point of view, wouldn't Abortion Clinics be the most haunted places in North America??

Yes, but the ghosts are too small to be easily noticed.

Bottom line is...

proving this phenomenon would free up alot of time for people to think of other stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Bottom line is...
In my study I came to the conclusion back in 2001, that it does not serve a greater purpose. It is a bona fide pseudo-science.

Why do we explore space, or deep sea trenches? Simply because we do not know what is out there. One could call Space Exploration a pseudo-science if one were so inclined, no expert in the field believes they've even touched the tip of the iceberg. You speak of these Christian "Whack Jobs," how is the ignorance they try to impart on everyone on a daily basis any different that say when the Catholic church used to claim people as heretics, simply for pursuing a train of thought different from the accepted norm of that time. People are attracted to and frightened by what they don't understand, why does that have to stop on the subject of the paranormal?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Increasing man's understanding of the universe isn't a worthwhile goal to you, in and of itself?

Chemistry started out as psuedo-science...it was called "Alchemy".
I think we're finally starting to learn more about the "science" in Paranormal studies, as we make progress in fields like Quantum Physics, etc.

top topics

join