It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Rights Activists believe Bush, GOP, and Blacks needs to be locked up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
www.crosswalk.com...

Atlanta (CNSNews.com) - A featured speaker at Saturday's civil rights march in Atlanta said the Bush administration and Republican Party leaders are "thieves" who "need to be locked up" for stealing the past two presidential elections and presiding over federal budget deficits and the war in Iraq.

"They all need to be locked up because they are all criminals and they are all thieves," said Judge Greg Mathis, the star of the syndicated television program "The Judge Mathis Show."

Mathis made his remarks to an enthusiastic crowd assembled in Atlanta to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Participants are launching a two-year campaign to extend and strengthen key aspects of the act when it expires in 2007.

Entertainer/activist Harry Belafonte also used charged rhetoric during the march when he referred to black members of the Bush administration as "black tyrants."

Mathis, whose speech drew the largest and most raucous reception from the crowd, also chastised the Supreme Court for its role in the 2000 presidential recount.

"[The] Supreme Court was an accomplice to the biggest election crime in history in 2000. And I call it a crime because indeed that is exactly what it was," he said to applause.

The Bush administration was equated with past policies of slavery and segregation and labeled "the enemy of our (black America's) progress" by Mathis.

"They shot and missed when they enslaved, segregated and oppressed our people. They shot and missed when they stole the past two presidential elections. They shot and missed when they denied our right to vote," Mathis said.

if i remember correctly the Republicans helped promote black freedom in the south.
, in anicase they tend to use the history of slavery to Bush which is not even near related to anithing with Bush and his admin. lets see wat they say wen they meet Condi.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That title is just silly! The story says "Bush administration and Republican Party leaders are "thieves" who "need to be locked up" and I happen to agree.

As far as the 'black' thing, you're missing the point entirely, no doubt intentionally. Is this what you're talking about?"

Entertainer/activist Harry Belafonte also used charged rhetoric during the march when he referred to black members of the Bush administration as "black tyrants."

Well, that just more of the Bush administration, he's talking about. You know the tokens, like Condi.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
You can expect wackos like Bellafonte to scream about Bush, but there was a bigger issue on the table that day. Jesse Jackson was leading a rally in protest of a recent ruling that Georgia voters must produce a picture ID when going to vote. If you don't have a picture ID, the state of Georgia will actually come to your house and provide you with one.

This is an effort to root out voter fraud.

Sounds reasonable, right? Well, it is apparently not reasonable to some people, like Cynthia Tucker, editorial page editor for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. She maintains that asking voters for a picture ID would "disenfranchise some minorities", and claims that the requirement is another GOP dirty trick to prevent blacks from voting.

This would be funny if it were not so dishonest. Now, instead of following through with this and other anti-fraud measures, the state will find itself wasting time defending against false allegations. In a way, it reminds me of Charlie Rangel's draft resolution trick.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yeah, generally these types of liberals are much more immature than conservatives. Like children, when angry they'll say anything to get people charged up. Kind of like when you're young, and your brother punches you in the arm and you go to your mom and say "He just punched me AS HARD AS HE CAN! He tried to kill me!!!"

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You can expect wackos like Bellafonte to scream about Bush, but there was a bigger issue on the table that day. Jesse Jackson was leading a rally in protest of a recent ruling that Georgia voters must produce a picture ID when going to vote. If you don't have a picture ID, the state of Georgia will actually come to your house and provide you with one.

So let me get this straight... They're angry when Bush wins, because they say he cheated. Now the government tries to take measures to PREVENT voter fraud, and they're still angry!?!?! Can Bush EVER win in their minds?

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
It's a lose-lose situation with some partisans. The sad part in this case is that people like Tucker, an educated lady, comes out and lies about the measure. Less educated voters will believe her just because of her position, and the division will be widened.

top topics

join