It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a Laugh: Chickenhawk caught being a Chikenhawk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
A Young Republican 'Leader' of the Young Americas Foundation gets caught on video trying to explain why, if he's so sure fired convinced that Mr. Bush is fighting righteous wars, is he not down at his local military recruiting office?

Answe: He's fighting "The war of Ideas" that must be won!!

Video: Hardball he couldn't hit

(Cut & Paste url if not linking & starting your player)

movies.crooksandliars.com...

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Bout Time]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The culture war that must be won by conservatives! What a brave lad! Ba-aaak!

I thought it was interesting he said we don't SEE rampant protesting in the streets and burning books. Ha! We don't see it because it's being kept out of the media. I see it because I know where to look and it's not on TV, lad!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
He doesn't like the word chickenhawk huh?
I wonder why.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The permalink: www.crooksandliars.com...

Then click video. Blogs are hard.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Every war as a home front and enemy front, I see nothing wrong with what he said.

Anyway, how does some young kid's statement on MSNBC qualify as "Other World Events Of Major Importance"?

[edit on 8/8/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I just wanted to point out that in countries other than the US, a 'chickenhawk' is, well, umm....

A chickenhawk is an old man who likes much, much younger men.

Imagine my surprise when I saw the title of the thread.....

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
I just wanted to point out that in countries other than the US, a 'chickenhawk' is, well, umm....

Imagine my surprise when I saw the title of the thread.....

A lot of people in the White House could qualify as both.
(Paging Mr. Gannon)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Like Batman

It seems if the war was that important to him he would join.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I saw that. Chris Mathews was beating the crap out of both of them, and while I loathed the permenently etched smile across the face of the young democrat, the real stand out was the young republican.

The look in in his eyes when he talked about wanting abolish all form of abortion was telling. But, the real fun part came when Chris Mathews just railed into him for not volunteering to go to war himself. In a single instant, he killed the kid's credability.

I mean, a better answer could have been "Hey, I got a bum knee from playing ball" "hey, I got a family to support, and a sick Mom", all things that would have been a legit reason to stay at home. But, instead?

He was so decidely earnest about this here "Culture War"

Well, I hate to tell you folks, but there is no culture war. It's a shine on. It's mental masturbation for the Red State folk, subsidized by the very liberals they tend to hate.

That's right, Fox News.

Or, in it's many other liberal variations: FOX tv, FX, Twentieth Century Fox, Fox Searchlight, Fox interactive, Direct TV. All run by liberals, all programmed to entice and titilate. So, we get Bill O'Reilly and a host of conservative heads waxing poetically about the loss and decline of american values, and those evil hollywood liberals.

Meanwhile, I can click up exactly three stations, and find swearing, nudity, sex and violence on a single airing of THE SHIELD (Which I love, by the way), written, produced, and televised by those same hollywood liberals.

The best part? O'Reilly grosses over 40 million dollars a year for News Corp. The Shield does around 80 million dollars, and captures nearly 3 times as many viewers.

The bottom line: the Culture War is silly, over indulgent hang wringing for people who feel their lives spinning away from them.

Just say no to Corporate Jesus.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That is also a definition used in the US. Althhough the man has to be older, not necessarily old.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Good to know, DTOM.
That's the only definition I was familiar with.

It really confused me when I saw the thread title. I thought it was a political scandal of some sort. I didn't want to look, but my curiousity got the better of me. :shk:

Man, was I ever relieved.........

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Ok, so let's take this logic. You can not support the war if you are not willing to fight it? OK. So all people that can fight it and don't want to should be what, against the war?

That's a rediculous arguement to make.

Perhaps his skills lend themselves to greater good here rather than there.

Who knows. Get off the kids nuts already.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Personally, if you're a kid of age and you're out there 'fighting the war of ideas,' in support of the current war, you should have ballz enuff to go down and join, so you can get out there and fight the REAL fight. If you can't do that, you should sit down and stf up.

Just my 2 cents as a former idealistic young kid who wound up joining the Army and going to war.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We4ll, here's the words of a once idealistic kid who did join the Army, when the threat wasn't a small, limited war but a full sized war, complete with special weapons.

I can't look into the heart of the young man, and neither can any of you. The culture war is real, and it needs to be won. Not by the "right", but by the conservatives. We've seen what trash the liberal agenda has brought to the nation the last few decades.

The war will not be won by those who are supporting the left or the right, the Reps or the Dems, however. These establishments are what brought us to this sad, sorry shape. The Hegelian treachery brought upon us by those who control the government and the parties enjoy it when we focus on their game.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wars of all names are won by the true believers and by those willing to fight the good fight.

I have no respect for someone who cheerleads war yet is unwilling to go out and do the dirty work himself. That is counterfit and cowardly.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Really? Seems like he is in the trenches at this time.

Were you one of the ones who threw rocks at the cooks because they didn't get shot at? Been shot at, been missed, and, unless I couldn't help it, didn't miss many meals. I appreciated the ones who supported me. I also appreciate the ones who are fighting another good fight (assuming he is actually fighting the righteous fight and not simply a tool).

I Agree with Jethro; the argument is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I' ve been fired upon. Thankfully lived through it to tell.

I've also been an ideological warrior since I can remember. I put my money where my mouth is.. last time I checked, that was the money spot.

Chickenhawks would have a lot more credibility if they were willing to do the same.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
ECK

The main problem with the arguement is not the definition of Chickenhawk, but rather the implication or behavior that could betray it.

Chickenhawks are not simply supporters but advocates FOR war and speak so with an eagerness that can only be had by one not on the business end of an AK.

Simply supporting the President in his choice in policy or action or overall stratigy does not always make a chickenhawk.

Again, so if you are unwilling to go to war and fight you should be against the war.

Is THAT your point?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Again, so if you are unwilling to go to war and fight you should be against the war.

Is THAT your point?

No, I said if you are for the war and unwilling to back it up with your own precious flesh you should sit down and stf up.

Can I be any more clear?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join