It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footballer Says Ghost Visited Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
French Footballer Zinedane Zidane has said that he was advised by an apparition to return to International Football.

Zidane Sees Apparition

He says it was "mysterious", "unexplainable" and "irrational".
Have a read and see what you think, you don't normally see footballers, or any famous sportsmen, mention anything like this, especially ones of Zidanes calibre.

Very interesting. Of course, there's no evidence to suggest it WAS a ghost, but he seems pretty convinced, and in these cases personal experience is nearly always the only evidence there is.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
WOW! Intresting I hope that he doesn't play against Ireland in the qualifiers! Nice story, but it doesn't say how the ghost looked!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by speight89
WOW! Intresting I hope that he doesn't play against Ireland in the qualifiers! Nice story, but it doesn't say how the ghost looked!

True, I think (if he did see a ghost), he must have had a hard time admitting it in public, what with his reputation, so perhaps to go into even more detail, he would have felt a bit ridiculous. I know most of us do when we try to elaborate on something you know is going to sound dubious to others, and we aren't in the media spotlight......so theres a partial explanation I suppose.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sounds like he had second thoughts about playing again for his country and the only way he could play again without making himself look a fool was to dream that up and hope he would be accepted back in the team.

Then it could be the Ghost of the great Bobby Moore wanting to make him miss the ball evertime he trys to kick it.

These French footballers are temperamental you know. If they cant get the ball on the pitch they jump into the crowed feet first just like Bruce lee.
Just asked Eric Cantona the world famous flying Feet First footballer. Did laugh a lot when he did that. hehehehehe

Can we expect Michel Platini to re appear on the pitch as well

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's a theory.

I have another, Beckham, Zidanes Real Madrid teammate, has been linked with Scientology/Kabbalah via Tom Cruise/Madonna. Either of these freaky constitutions could have made its way, through beckham, to Zidane, and thus made him illogical and irrational. Now there's a theory

Edit - don't be "dissing" Cantona, you know he was "Le King"

[edit on 9-8-2005 by chebob]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chebob
Have a read and see what you think, you don't normally see footballers, or any famous sportsmen, mention anything like this, especially ones of Zidanes calibre.

No, not apart from the infamous David Icke! LOL

David Icke (born April 29, 1952) is a former professional football player, reporter, BBC television sports commentator, and British Green Party national spokesperson. Since 1990, he has been what he calls a "full-time investigator into who and what is really controlling the world." [1]

The Green Party distanced itself from him in 1991 after he announced during a television interview that he was a "son of the Godhead." He began to dress only in turquoise and later maintained that the world was ruled by a secret group called "The Elite", or "Illuminati", which he linked to The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, an anti-Semitic tract. In 1999, he published a book claiming that the world had been taken over by a race of reptiles called the Babylonian Brotherhood, and that some prominent people were in fact lizards, including George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, the Queen Mother, and Kris Kristofferson. He has also claimed that members of the Bush family perform human sacrifices and drink blood; that Henry Kissinger abuses children; and that Queen Elizabeth II is a satanist.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Haha, I didn't think of him to be honest. ALthough it must be said he quit his football career BEFORE he started his "Other" stuff, it's still a good point.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow! Some people will do anything that any old apparition tells them to do.

Did he even question what the apparition was before complying with its demands?

I mean it's not too far fetched to believe that for millions in revenue, Adidas might have drugged the moron and then convinced him to play again.

Okay, okay - we'll give Adidas the benefit of the doubt...maybe they used hypnosis rather than hallucinogenic drugs.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by checkers]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Hmmmm...

How much Hashish do you think One Football Star must Inhale before he starts to have such "Mysterious apparition" that Advice him on his Future?

[edit on 12/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am not buying that for one second, I'm not too sure he ever intended to stay retired for long. Notice that there is only a few qualifiers left for the World Cup, Franch have a decent chance of making it, so on the same day i believe, Zinedine Zidane, Claude Makelele and Lilian Thuram all come out of International retirement? It seems to me they have made an agreement that they would retire for most of the qualifiers, having others do the work getting the team there, then come back in time to play in the World Cup next summer. If so, that is not fair for the three players who will lose there places at their expense.

new topics

top topics

join