It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raptor as a Bomber

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

AMM
The Raptor can hold 10 missles internally.

You mean 8.
6 radar in the middle, and 1 IR on each side.

Thats what I'm asking now. I have read on multiple sights that it can carry 2 sidewinders on each side (with the AIM-9x, as opposed to the AIM-9m), plus 6 AMRAAMs. I have also read it can only hold 8 total even with the AIM-9x's.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
no, the sites that say 2 are referring to the total, cause its one missile PER SIDE, giving a total of 8.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Jezza
Either the FB-22 or FB-23 would be an awsome replacement for the F111.

I don't think that either one of them will ever have the flexability of the F/B-111. The number of weapons, the type of weapons and the workload reduction of having a two man crew. An FB-22 or FB-23 wouldn't even begin to approach the ability of a Vark.

You missed one thing! The F/B-111 version of the Aardvark is Very different then the F/B-22 or F/B-23. The 22's and 23's are more or less tactical aircraft. The F/B-111 was an Aardvark that was built for SAC to carry SRAM, and B-61 Nukes. It was intended to open up gaps in the Soviet Air Defenses so that B-52 could use to get to targets and deliver the main nuclear punch. If you are looking for the tactical Aardvarks that were seen dropping smart bombs during Desert Storm in 1991, they are F-111F!

Now, about the idea of replacing the F-111 with the FB-22 or FB-23. I think this would be a neat idea. I would prefer the FB-23 version, because I think it would be the better investment in the long run. However that leaves one question about black projects open: What happened to the A-17?

A-17 on ATS

This plane has been reported before. If they don't have an F-111 replacement, what is the A-17 for? Any thoughts?

Tim

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
So Ghost it would seem then that there are 2 different planes that are being based off the 23. The one model that was showen earlier in the thread and the A-17 that you mentioned. The site you posted was pretty vague, care to post any more openions you have on the A-17?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canada_EH
The site you posted was pretty vague, care to post any more openions you have on the A-17?

I was suggesting the A-17 as an alternitive theory of a plane for the mission! Here are some sites:

A-17
A-17 Again
A-17
More on the A-17

I know it seems flimsy, but it is still possible!

Tim

posted on Aug, 17 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Originally posted by Canada_EH
The site you posted was pretty vague, care to post any more openions you have on the A-17?

I was suggesting the A-17 as an alternitive theory of a plane for the mission! Here are some sites:

A-17
A-17 Again
A-17
More on the A-17

I know it seems flimsy, but it is still possible!

Tim

Thanks for the links. The A-17 like the FB-22 could well be the nxt long range tactical stealth bomber.

Cheers guys

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join