It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If al-Qaida has nukes,why wait to use them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Analysts see major investment in complex, coordinated, devastating terror attack plan
Posted: August 8, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Recent al-Qaida attacks using primitive bombs and inflicting relatively small numbers of casualties have persuaded some that Osama bin Laden's terrorist network has been unable to secure weapons of mass destruction or has been unable to smuggle them into the U.S. and other key target countries.

Others suggest Osama bin Laden may have purchased duds on the black market. Others point out that the triggers on suitcase nukes decay rapidly and have short half lives. The nuclear cores, after a time, fall below the critical mass threshold, say the optimists. Even the shells are subject to contamination over time if not properly maintained, they say.

"Bin Laden has been extremely mindful of proper maintenance," he writes. "As soon as he obtained the weapons, he paid an amount estimated from $60 to $100 million for the assistance of nuclear scientists from Russia, China and Pakistan. From 1996 to 2001, bin Laden also kept a score of Spetznaz technicians from the former Soviet Union on his payroll. These technicians had been trained to open and operate the weapons in order to prevent any unauthorized use. To simplify the process of activation, the scientists and technicians came up with a way of hot-wiring the small nukes to the bodies of Muslim agents who long for immediate martyrdom and immediate elevation to the seventh heaven."

LINK

Some will say its Paul Williams and others WorldNutDaily, but the information makes for a good read anyway.

Persoanlly I am glad he was wrong about yesterday, but I will still keep watch. Plus he never actually said it would be that day, just that the circumstancial evidence lead him and others to believe the likelyhood was higher.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think they're waiting for something special like Osama Dim Ladens birthday or something?
I mean a nuclear blast over Washington would be a great ice-breaker at any party (assuming Osama ever gets there).

Ether that, then like you say; maybe, just maybe al-Qaida never had nuclear weapons in the first place.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Cheney is waiting for some special day, probably on 11 september 2005. The date is important to them so it won't be on a regular day. After 9/11 they waited 911 days before the one in madrid i wouldn't be surprised if it will be 911 days after 3/11 on 11 september 2005.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Plus he never actually said it would be that day, just that the circumstancial evidence lead him and others to believe the likelyhood was higher.

That's the trick to being a good fortuneteller, never give specific dates - or give dates far away in the future - and just vague information and "increased likelihoods". That way, the naive will keep their faith longer.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Simon666]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Analysts see major investment in complex, coordinated, devastating terror attack plan
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com
[...]

To simplify the process of activation, the scientists and technicians came up with a way of hot-wiring the small nukes to the bodies of Muslim agents who long for immediate martyrdom and immediate elevation to the seventh heaven."

LINK

Err, what does this mean - hot-wiring the small nukes to the bodies of Muslim agents ?
This bit alone strains credibility - I'm sure it's not like this, but what - are these people dragging around ~150Kg of material with them, How: maybe in a shopping cart, or luggage trolley ?

I guess what he's really getting at is that the activation has been simplified, rather than the rather sensationalist way in which it's been suggested by the article.

I'm finding it increasingly unlikely that AQ/OBL has nukes anyway. Is it really credible that AQ has bought in a pile of nukes, and the technicians and other assets to maintain this stuff ? If it is, why hasn't NK or Iran done the same - is it that AQ is better resourced than these two countries ? I know that their is a commonly held view over OBL's financial assets - but enough to fund a project that isn't within the resources of a sovereign nation ? I dunno about this, it's beginning to creak a bit.

I don't know anything about Paul Williams and WND, so I don't have an agenda here, but is it fair to say that Mr Williams is not regarded as an entirely reliable source ?

As an aside - they didn't write anything about a semi-invisible asteroid and it's accompanying dust cloud heading towards earth a while ago did they ?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I would think if they HAD nukes, they would have detonated them. And it wouldn't have to be an attack on America either. It could be one of our overseas interests or Canada or Mexico.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wont succumb to the fear instilled by agents of evil. I wont wallow in the possibility that "Al heebejeeby Queida " is going to get us. I've never feared mythical tales. Would you be afraid of "Puff the Magic Dragon"?

Life will go on whether the wolf is outside trying to blow our house down or not.
The monster has been created. Now deal with it the best you can. I'm glad i had no part in this.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
EDIT: Nevermind.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by curme]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think that he would Bin Laden would wait until we are comfortable again. He might have one shot with a nuke and he probably wants to make it count. From what I understand from readings is that this guy would be willing to wait a thousand years to get us if he could. Heak you never know maybe he is waiting for the right momement to make it look like another country did it lik in the Sum Of All Fears.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Al Qaeda is just a CIA marketing ploy.

The article should read:

"Analysts MAKE major investment in complex, coordinated, devastating terror attack plan"

[edit on 8-8-2005 by Roy Robinson Stewart]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Cheney is waiting for some special day, probably on 11 september 2005. The date is important to them so it won't be on a regular day. After 9/11 they waited 911 days before the one in madrid i wouldn't be surprised if it will be 911 days after 3/11 on 11 september 2005.

Have to make sure all the planets, occultic numbers, and demonic entities are ready to be summoned or it wont affect the 4th dimension correctly. It's a Bohemian Grove/ Kaballah thing amongst the secret societies.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

WASHINGTON – Recent al-Qaida attacks using primitive bombs and inflicting relatively small numbers of casualties have persuaded some that Osama bin Laden's terrorist network has been unable to secure weapons of mass destruction or has been unable to smuggle them into the U.S. and other key target countries.

Others suggest Osama bin Laden may have purchased duds on the black market. Others point out that the triggers on suitcase nukes decay rapidly and have short half lives. The nuclear cores, after a time, fall below the critical mass threshold, say the optimists. Even the shells are subject to contamination over time if not properly maintained, they say.

"Bin Laden has been extremely mindful of proper maintenance," he writes. "As soon as he obtained the weapons, he paid an amount estimated from $60 to $100 million for the assistance of nuclear scientists from Russia, China and Pakistan. From 1996 to 2001, bin Laden also kept a score of Spetznaz technicians from the former Soviet Union on his payroll. These technicians had been trained to open and operate the weapons in order to prevent any unauthorized use. To simplify the process of activation, the scientists and technicians came up with a way of hot-wiring the small nukes to the bodies of Muslim agents who long for immediate martyrdom and immediate elevation to the seventh heaven."

LINK

Some will say its Paul Williams and others WorldNutDaily, but the information makes for a good read anyway.

Persoanlly I am glad he was wrong about yesterday, but I will still keep watch. Plus he never actually said it would be that day, just that the circumstancial evidence lead him and others to believe the likelyhood was higher.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The topic posted from WND again proves how pathetic the Paul Williams/Joe Farrah conspiracy-theory connection really is.

It's really pathetic and starting to PO people...

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well IF Terrorist had nukes they would of used them, of course they don't have nukes.

Who has nukes? Who has the motive to use them?

If there is a nuclear terrorist attack it won't be done by arabs.

new topics

top topics

join