It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq has been a great boon to some

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Coincidence that Cheney was CEO beofre being VP. Totally.

I highlighted the funniest parts.

www.halliburtonwatch.org...

Halliburton announces 284 percent increase in war profits
25 July 2005

WASHINGTON, July 25 (HalliburtonWatch.org) -- Halliburton announced on Friday that its KBR division, responsible for carrying out Pentagon contracts, experienced a 284 percent increase in operating profits during the second quarter of this year.

The increase in profits was primarily due to the Pentagon's payment of "award fees" for what military officials call "good" or "very good" work done by KBR in the Middle East for America's taxpayers and the troops.

Audits conducted by the Pentagon's Defense Contract Audit Agency determined that KBR had $1 billion in "questioned" expenses (i.e. expenses which military auditors consider "unreasonable") and $442 million in "unsupported" expenses (i.e. expenses which military auditors have determined contain no receipt or any explanation on how the expenses were disbursed).

But the top Pentagon brass ignored these audits and rewarded KBR's work anyway.

Halliburton's earnings announcement comes on the heels of new reports showing the Iraq and Afghan wars have already cost U.S. taxpayers $314 billion and that another ten years of war will cost $700 billion.

And oh my, they've been dealin with Iran too, so once these reconstruction contracts dry out, hopefully they can have new contacts in a conquered Iran.

www.counterpunch.org...

According to a February 2001 report in the Wall Street Journal, "Halliburton Products & Services Ltd. works behind an unmarked door on the ninth floor of a new north Tehran tower block. A brochure declares that the company was registered in 1975 in the Cayman Islands, is based in the Persian Gulf sheikdom of Dubai and is "non-American." But, like the sign over the receptionist's head, the brochure bears the company's name and red emblem, and offers services from Halliburton units around the world." Moreover, mail sent to the company’s offices in Tehran and the Cayman Islands is forwarded to the company’s Dallas headquarters.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Agreed in total, Mr Flimflammerist.

My favorite was the price gouging eighteen months ago to bring gas into Iraq from Kuwait, inflating the price over 5x to cover "security".

Here is some history of War Profiteering in the "War On Terror" mislocated to Iraq (for profit):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My favourite Halliburton moment is this one:

Washington Post

They are actually getting involved in Mars missions because those dollar signs in their eyes keep glowing. Halliburton would drill their dead mothers graves if they thought there was a profit in it. I guess this is why Bush used to go on about being on Mars in 20 years, even thou NASA told him he was dreaming and pointed out the major lack of funds to do it, let alone the time frame.

"Halliburton's interest in Mars was first pointed out yesterday by the Progress Report, a daily publication of the liberal Center for American Progress. Administration officials scoffed at the idea that Halliburton had anything to do with the development of the space policy, which was headed by Bush's domestic policy adviser, Margaret Spellings, and Stephen Hadley, the deputy national security adviser. Another administration official said Cheney did not take a lead role in the interagency work on the space policy but gauged support on Capitol Hill and served in an advisory capacity.

An industry official who spoke on the condition of anonymity said the oil and gas industry, including Halliburton, would benefit considerably from technology that was developed for drilling on Mars, including the tools, the miniaturization, the drilling mechanism, the robotic systems and the control systems. "

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Amazing Post!
I wonder when the government in its wisdom will classify this sort of information. I mean it could be a threat to national security if the taxpayer found out!
Or can the government rely on the bone idle mainstream media (whose owners are often friends with and beneficiaries of politicians) to carry on being bone idle?

As for the NASA mars technology, well that’s just funny. What a joke that the moon "Titan" had all those pools of frozen methane on it. Maybe the creator had a sense of humour? Shame though Halliburton can't get to it otherwise we could leave them there.

It’s a scary thought but how big would the U.S military be if it spent all its budget on defence as opposed to questionable companies like Halliburton? Would you need such a big budget? Maybe you could solve more of your own problems.

Americans what do you do? This stuff happened under both the democrats and the republicans. And it’s getting worse, but who do you run to? Especially when the mainstream media fails to rally the people towards anything worthwhile (I would say quite deliberately too).

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
It’s a scary thought but how big would the U.S military be if it spent all its budget on defence as opposed to questionable companies like Halliburton? Would you need such a big budget? Maybe you could solve more of your own problems.

I guess the black budgets need funding from somewhere. The CIA drug trade contributes a lot but if they can skim a few billion under the guise of 'Iraq funds' through companies loyal to their cause without having to balance the stock exchange, then i bet they probably would.

Money never goes missing, it gets washed out of existence for other causes.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just so you know, no other American company could have done this work on the grand of scale.....KBR was the only American choice and as ong as my taxes are paying for it, the contracts should stay American.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
"My country, right or wrong"

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
"My country, right or wrong"

My taxes footing the bill, my troops doing most of the fighting,

yup!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I can just imagine what was going on in the White Hosue. Cheyney wispering in George's ear sweet nothings saying go to war, go to war, Sadam is bad, go to war. I bet once he persuaded George, he was laughing his ass off. I bet George got a nice fat pay off ass well.

This type of thing disgusts me to my very core. The US administration is so utterly corrupt and unnacountable to anyone and the public aren't doing a damn thing about it. In fact you voted the bastards back in! Its the same with Blair, I can't beleive people in this coutry voted that liar back in power.

This is a good post and it gets my WATS vote. Well done Jakomo

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83

This type of thing disgusts me to my very core. The US administration is so utterly corrupt and unnacountable to anyone and the public aren't doing a damn thing about it.

Because most Americans are to smart to believe all this Tulipwalker conspiracy horsepucky.

Come to think of it, says a lot fot the UK also.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

This type of thing disgusts me to my very core. The US administration is so utterly corrupt and unnacountable to anyone and the public aren't doing a damn thing about it.

Because most Americans are to smart to believe all this Tulipwalker conspiracy horsepucky.

I agree absolutely. I didn't vote for Blair, I voted Liberal cos they were the only ones who spoke the truth about the Iraq war. It amazes me that right now a conspiracy is going on in front of everyones eyes and people don't seem to care. Bush/Blair have hijacked two countries, taken them to war based on lies, lied again and again and again and now all their mates are getting fat off the riches.

And we want to bring democracy to Iraq, wow, they are in for a right treat, in fact, they are already living the dream. Suicide bombings, house to house searches, power shortages, food shortages, water shortages, relitives getting blown up/shot/kidnapped/raped/maimed, car jackings, lynchings. Wow its treat city over there. Oh and for all those people who think the ocupation is great, go and live in Iraq. Put your money where your mouth is. Bush, Blair Cheyney have screwed over everyone and are laughing at you.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Just so you know, no other American company could have done this work on the grand of scale.....KBR was the only American choice and as ong as my taxes are paying for it, the contracts should stay American.

So you'd rather have yourself ripped off by an American company who is stealing BILLIONS from your taxes, than save those taxes and have them used elsewhere to serve your community if an international company can do it honestly?

My god man, your logic twists that rubix cube further and further away from complete each time you defend this government. You'll sink if you don't plug the hole in the boat and as it stands, it looks like the flag on the wall is the only thing that can plug it up. You need to understand whats important and realise sometimes the flag needs to be sacrificed in order to save the nation.

Fly your flag the right way and find pride in the stength it took to acknowledge the situation before it was too late.

THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

www.jeffhead.com...

Your government is allowing all Americans to display their flags upside down legally. It should be done in mass protest by all Americans as a signal to their government saying "You are destorying our nation".
This government doesn't deserve to represent America's insignia, don't let them, reclaim it.

The Nazi's stole the ancient swastika, which literally means 'be good' and made it akin with evil - changed it's history.
Don't let this government turn the stars and stripes into symbols of evil because that's where it's heading to, fast.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Just as an aside, how can the mod's let people call others "tulipwalkers"? That is a slant, and since it isn't being called I am assumeing we can call these war mongering dolts anything we want as well right? In the name of fairness right?

I wonder what colourful tags we can paint these moronic backwater folk with?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   
edsinger: Wow, what a surprise that not only do you defend your current whacked Administration, you also blindly follow their corporate benefactors.

Mr. TIERNEY. So it is a little astonishing to me, and I think to others, the planning for what is going to happen to our troops, their meals, their water, their housing, the essentials of life, their protection, all of that doesn't even begin to happen until May 2003, after Baghdad falls, but in the meantime the administration had your company planning for Iraq's oil infrastructure months before it had a plan how to support our troops.

LOGCAP, Halliburton's troop support contract, was asked by the Administration to work on protecting the OILFIELDS before it was asked to support the troops. The link at the bottom of the page goes to the government's PDF transcript.

The entire thing is corroborated separately by a former Army chaplain, Marie de Young.

KBR executives admitted at the hearing that contingency planning for protecting Iraq's oil wells from sabotage began in the summer of 2002, but that contingency planning for protecting the troops and KBR employees began in May 2003, two months after the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq began. The troops have complained that they were not given adequate body or vehicle armor to protect themselves.

KBR also failed to provide simple vehicle parts like oil filters. It declared oil changes were "out of the question." As a result, KBR employees were forced to forever abandon brand new $80,000 trucks in the middle of the desert whenever a minor equipment problem occurred. Wilson testified that KBR once removed all the spare tires on his truck so that when he acquired a flat tire he was forced to abandon the truck. "In my time on the road," he said, "I saw disabled trucks -- or what was left of them -- abandoned on the side of the road on a daily basis."

...The administration's approach to the reconstruction of Iraq is fundamentally flawed," Waxman said. "It's a boondoggle that's enriching private contractors."

It's all separately corroborated by the four people's testimonies linked at the bottom of the page.

So Halliburton is profitting from the Iraq war, focusing more on oil profit than troop comfort or safety, and you love it?

?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I once, stupidly, posted a thread on the 'Weaponry' pages asking if people thought that the arms industries were accelerating war[s] in general and profiteering from same.

Surprise, surprise - there were no takers!

But here I am, posting a reply to a similar thread on the 'Terrorism' pages. Wierd or what?

Right, Now listen In!

The only people who are profiting from this 'war on terrorism', are the arms industries - just like they did after JFKs murder [guess who did that?] when the war escalated in Viet Nam.

As for your bloke Cheney. He must be quids in after all the wheeling and dealing he's done before, during and after the FIRST Gulf War, let alone what he's getting up to now.

But hey! I guess you CAN fool All of the people ALL of the time!

Your two 'Leaders' certainly seem to be able to. But there again, I suppose you get what you vote for!!!!!!!!!

As for flying your flag upside down - don't be so disrespectful. Thousands of your fellow countrymen have died in the name of America.

If you want to get back at Bush and Cheney - IMPEACH THEM!

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I agree. Impeach em both.

Or impeach Bush and then the INSTANT Cheney is sworn in as President, impeach him too. On live TV

Honestly though, you gotta figure all this is going to come out eventually and it is definitely not going to make the Administration look good.

If they were so worried Saddam had WMDs and would use em, why would they bother to focus on protecting the oil supply first?

Does sarin gas affect oil worse than it does your average soldier? Improvised explosives are more harmful to oil wells than to troop transports?

Hmmm.

jako

new topics

top topics

join