It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you America. The gauntlet has been thrown down!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So, should we allow murder just b/c it is written in Christianity that it is wrong? and how is having the 10 Commandments posted in a public place distract anyone from practicing whatever religion they believe in? im not gettin on your case,mOjOm, just stating a point.

Dude, get your nose out of the bible and look beyond the cross. Muder is wrong in EVERY human society. The christians dont have a monopoly on this, nor do they at stealing.

If you go to Shinto Japan, youll find Murder has been wrong for ages. if you go to tribal Africa, even the smallest, most primitive Human societies have laws against taking life for the hell of it. Stealing, killing, lying, ect, all these things are UNIVERSALLY wrong in human societies. Every religion on the planet, save a handful, preaches these thinsg are wrong, and have done so for longer than even Christ Insanity ever was a concept.

Byrd has the best points on here. I used to go to pagan meetings in Californias central valley bible belt. Ive seen what Christians do to Wiccans. Bomb threats, death threats, against a pagan women who oppened up a pagan shop and meeting center in town. her car was trashed, tire slit, and broicks thrown through her windows by loving "christians".

The ten commandments are offensive to many people who dont follow christianity, because the first 4 basically are pure christian dogma (no idols, no gods before me, dont take my name in vain, sabbath, ect). So they are unconstitutional. The push one religious belief on a whole bunch of people. Killing, stealing ect are simplky laws, and as Byrd stated, go back to Hammaraubi and even further, to the very first human societies.

The ten commandments are simply the religious beliefs of one group. It doesnt interfere with peoples right to go to church and worship whoever the hell they wanna pray to. It simply removes that religion being shoved down peoples throats when they go to court. The courthouse is a govornment place. the govornment shall not establish a religion. Putting christianity at the courthouse basically tells the public the state of alabama establishes christianity as the state religion. Unless they plan on filling it with texts of other peoples religions, its unconstitutional. What the judge wants to believe in is his business, he can do it on his own time, with his own money on his own property.

Christian morality is only one moral set of rules. To claim a person is Immoral because they dont follow the christian BS line is stupid. Budists are moral, Hindus are moral, even athiests are moral, they chose what beliefs they want to be guided by.

Its IMMORAL to keep the commandments up, because it etsblishes one religion for the state.

Like other things, keep your religion at home and at church where it belomngs, dont use govornment money and landspace to promote your ideals on the rest of the population.

This country was not founded on christian morals, it was founded on roman and english common law, both being pagan in origin. Christian law includes superstition, burning people at the stake for witchcraft, heresy, or doing evil things like discovering the earth is round and not the center of the universe.

Christianity inflicted 1500 years of inhuman hell on Europe, and spread to other peoples by the sword, robbing them of thier own native cultures.

Clap, clap, clap. Finally someone with some sense. I agree with skadi.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Maybe humans can finally start evolving once they get that silly religion idea out of their heads...

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Maybe humans can finally start evolving once they get that silly religion idea out of their heads...

Amen to that!

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter

Hmmm. When you have to take the chip to save your life, will you?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishapscott

Let's reframe that idea: "When you have to take the cross to save your life, will you?"

A lot of people have been offered the choice, "Become Christian or die (everyone here with any American Indian heritage can tell you this... ditto any Blacks.)

Let's talk about chipping -- when in the South if you openly reject Christianity, you can be harmed or your property destroyed... when you can be disadvantaged at work or in other places because you "didn't take the cross."

It never occurs to Christians that this might indeed be the Mark of the Beast -- being forced to wear the cross so that you can do business, being forced to put the christian fish on your car and business cards so you get customers, being forced to close your business on Sunday and forced to keep it open on Saturday (even if you were Jewish.)

The cross comes a lot closer to the Mark of the Beast than any chip. Just ask any Jew, any Muslim, anyone of any other faith who's tried to do business in a very Christian community. Just ask any athiest or agnostic who's said "I'm uncomfortable with Christianity being shoved down my throat at every festival and every government meeting."

Non-Christians are forced to accept this to get along in society. Given the splitting of Christianity into thousands of quarreling churches and the hysteria over commandments and marks and "knowing when you're saved" -- there's a good case for making modern Christianity the REAL "mark of the Beast."

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
All your points taken, but the mark of the beast is meant to unify people under one, not tear them apart.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Isn't that symbolic of the egyption religion?

What about "in god we trust" on the goverment's official currency?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Please do not take this as bashing any religion. (my parents are baptist so don't blame them for their son being pagan)

If church and state are to be separated in schools (which I am glad they were) church and state should be separated everywhere, including court houses. No individual likes religion pushed down their throats.

I think it was good that they removed the Christian symbol as it shows to me that there is actually more tolerance for the other religions, rather than the "less Christian" tolerance that everyone is making it out to be. I think the courts have realized that christianity is NOT the only recognized religion in america, and they have just done a justice for the rest of the religions.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
When I was young, and my nutty religious family, force fed me Christianity, i was given no choice. It was, you will take the cross,. or else...were gonna force you to go to church, ground you, and make you have to sit in a circle why all our fellow loons put thier hands on you and pray the demons out of you. Cuz only demons make u not believe in the Holy Babble. Not reason, logic, or truth.

I will not take the chip to save my life. Nor will i take the cross.

Anyone on here of European ancestry thats christian, in otherwords, white people who follow christianity: your ancestors were converted by the sword too. They were given the choice: convert or die, and many were slain because they didnt. Wherever christianity was spread, it has been spread through bloodshed.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I personally believe the 10 Commandments should have stayed.

If you disagree then more power to ya. I'm not going to argue about it...I would just be casting pearls before the swine.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Where did everyone get the idea christians push their religion on people?,when you try to say that christians pushed their religion on the indians,it wasn't real christians,it was catholics,they don't even resemble christians,they AREN'T christans,they're catholic.
Catholic and Christian are not one and the same.
You have all become lost.
You have no thoughts of your own.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The 10 Commandments in our government buildings.

Somehow Christians seem to think that our founding fathers were just that. Thank God they are smarter than the folks who think this country is turning it's back on God by not letting the commandments stay.

I would like one Christian on this board to show me ANYWHERE the founding fathers stated their Christianity. Not there faith in God, but there Christianity.

There are far too many religions, spiritualists, etc that have a faith in God to have the gov't even attempt to limit or pick one. That is what the founding fathers were up to. That is why people fled Europe in droves. They were being asked and told to believe something.

I don't need my government or anyone else to tell me how to believe in God. God tells me that himself.

CHRISTIANS I AM WAITING.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
....fled europe because it was ILLEGAL!!!to possess,let alone READ a BIBLE,the pilgrims brought the bible with them,it was not the version you would think though.
They really weren't christians then,they just got tired of all the other horse# religions that were only to profit the king,like catholicism....

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
The 10 Commandments in our government buildings.

Somehow Christians seem to think that our founding fathers were just that. Thank God they are smarter than the folks who think this country is turning it's back on God by not letting the commandments stay.

I would like one Christian on this board to show me ANYWHERE the founding fathers stated their Christianity. Not there faith in God, but there Christianity.

There are far too many religions, spiritualists, etc that have a faith in God to have the gov't even attempt to limit or pick one. That is what the founding fathers were up to. That is why people fled Europe in droves. They were being asked and told to believe something.

I don't need my government or anyone else to tell me how to believe in God. God tells me that himself.

CHRISTIANS I AM WAITING.

now correct me if i'm wrong....but i thought certain groups of people left europe, more precisely england because of religious persecution AND being forced to practice religion a certain way they didnt believe in.

how is this same as having the ten commandments in a courthouse? no judge is telling anyone who enters that building they have to be a christian or believe in god.

they arent even saying its the ONLY relgion allowed.

now personally i think alot of our laws here are based on puritanical nonsense but the commandments themselves are not really offensive. there are an example of how we put morality into our laws. whther this is right or wrong is highly debatable and there is no right or wrong stance in this case.

we think murder is wrong. now do we think this because it is wrong or because moral relativism says its wrong? in order to answer that you have to ask what is right or wrong, the simple answer is whatever you want to believe to be right or wrong. its a matter of perception. others think its ok to kill, does that makes them wrong? in our eyes yes but not theirs.

"they shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

basically, dont lie. we think its wrong, why? because morality (something most religions are based upon) says it is because thats what we were taught.

there is a good side to this as well as a bad side.

personally i'm an athetist but i see the validity of the ten commandments. yes they are religious but they hold good lessons that are universally accepted to begin with.

i'm all for the teaching of those lessons but the medium is less than appealing for me.

and this will seem contraditory.....in my own opinion the seperation of chruch and state means that the government shall not establish any one religion for others to follow. i dont think this is happening here. but in fairness other teachings from other religions should be made public as well. and maybe it wouldnt be such a bad thing....but we'll never know.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS

Originally posted by Colonel
I wonder if you all would be so up in arms if it were some Muslim or Jewish commandments? In fact, I bet you'd be rioting for its removal, claiming separation of church and state.

That's why the 10 Commnadments was removed.

If it were Muslim, Jewish, etc. it would still be up. We live in a country that is scared to death about pissing off a minority.

Amen to that K_OS.It's about time someone had the guts to speak the truth.The fact is like it or not this country was built on Christian morals and beliefs.Look at your money if you don't believe me.When are you people gonna start bitching about that?Maybe it should be in Mohammad we trust,or Buddah.
Why does it bother you if they are there or not?Don't look at them if it does.There are lots of things in this world I don't like to see or hear.Guess what?I turn my head or don't listen to it.The liberal activist are stirring up a bee's hive here.I just hope they know what they are doing,because it will come back and sting them.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by mishapscott

Let's reframe that idea: "When you have to take the cross to save your life, will you?"

A lot of people have been offered the choice, "Become Christian or die (everyone here with any American Indian heritage can tell you this... ditto any Blacks.)

Let's talk about chipping -- when in the South if you openly reject Christianity, you can be harmed or your property destroyed... when you can be disadvantaged at work or in other places because you "didn't take the cross."

It never occurs to Christians that this might indeed be the Mark of the Beast -- being forced to wear the cross so that you can do business, being forced to put the christian fish on your car and business cards so you get customers, being forced to close your business on Sunday and forced to keep it open on Saturday (even if you were Jewish.)

The cross comes a lot closer to the Mark of the Beast than any chip. Just ask any Jew, any Muslim, anyone of any other faith who's tried to do business in a very Christian community. Just ask any athiest or agnostic who's said "I'm uncomfortable with Christianity being shoved down my throat at every festival and every government meeting."

Non-Christians are forced to accept this to get along in society. Given the splitting of Christianity into thousands of quarreling churches and the hysteria over commandments and marks and "knowing when you're saved" -- there's a good case for making modern Christianity the REAL "mark of the Beast."

Byrd I normally respect your opinion,but you are out of line here.You are taking a very small percentage of extremists ,who true Christians have no respect for,and applying what they do and say as the majority.I live in the south also and have never seen anyone ever threatened or abused for not believing in God.In fact I know a lot of non-believers.And I don't see any of them real worried about my beliefs as a christian.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
as a black descrendant from very rich cultures who were taken to this country as minorities and killed for fun, made as slaves out of envy, and taught to be hated by children the world over, your statement puzzles me. minorities are always dissed look at california where imigrants are institutional slaves. im glad in my lifetime the veil of ignoranceis being lifted before the blissfull eyes of those superficial persons that have spiraled our country to the state it is in now ha ha. now we will have to be self happy and not superficially happy. hope your wives got those soy bean implants when the # starts hittin the fan.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Simple. The nation was expected to be a Judeo-Christian nation. As a matter of fact, the Founding Fathers were clear that the government gave no rights to us but only protected those given to us by God. Our system of justice is (was) based upon natural (God) laws, and the ten commandments are the clear and concise foundation of the law. The Establishment Clause was not misunderstood for over a century, merely waiting for anti-God groups like the ACLU to come along and enlighten us poor, dumb idiots.

The monument to the basis of our rule of law was not a violation of the first or any other amendment, merely an affront to the liberal agenda to circumvent that which is constitutional and traditional, replacing it with its own agenda.

What maybe all you Americans should consider, whether you believe in God or not, is that if "they" are able to remove God from the equation and replace Him with Government, they are then saying that they are God, they dictate what is just, proper and legal, and they can decide any and all matter based soley on themselves. It souldn't take a constitutionalist to figure out the danger and eventual outcome of that.

Meanwhile, the same day the monument to the basis of our judicial system is srtipped from its place in Montgomery, another is raised in Sacremento, but this one commemorating the homosexual. Go ahead, try and get that removed from the government ground upon which it sets. You'll get your eyes scratched out by the same ones who demanded the other to go.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Byrd I normally respect your opinion,but you are out of line here.You are taking a very small percentage of extremists ,who true Christians have no respect for,and applying what they do and say as the majority.I live in the south also and have never seen anyone ever threatened or abused for not believing in God.In fact I know a lot of non-believers.And I don't see any of them real worried about my beliefs as a christian.

Agreed, it's a faction -- but how much of a group does it take to force beliefs on others?

Here in Texas we have a case (and there's one in Tennessee) currently where a Witch set up a shop and then had tires slashed, swastickas painted on the doors, etc, etc. And perhaps I'm aware more of this because I was talking to a woman who dared (3 years ago) to run for mayor of Carrollton, one of the larger cities in the Dallas Metroplex.

Her husband's Jewish. They don't go to church. They had crosses burned on their lawn, swastikas painted on their doors, cars egged, tires slashed while she was campaigning. This wouldn't have happened if they were members of the local Baptist church.

It was reported in the media then (and she told me when we talked) that the cops took reports and said "tisk tisk" and did nothing else.

Now -- I did go into hyperbole to make a couple of points (besides the one that I don't believe in the "mark"): that what you may think of as the "Mark of the Beast" may not be a chip or tattoo but could be as simple as a religious symbol if said symbol is used to coerce everyone into joining that religion.

...as it was in the old days: become Christian or die.

And the other point is that any group of extremists, speaking in the name of the True Religion can force laws and behaviors on a society and a government (the Taliban took Afghanistan back to the Middle Ages.. and they weren't a huge majority, either. They were an armed minority.)

Evil isn't simple. The "Mark" ***COULD*** be something that was made to be desirable and good for society and so forth -- a religion (as with Evangelical Christianity) that will not rest until everyone is brought to Jesus (or Mohammad or whomever.)

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This has been a step toward that constitutional convention,the constitution protects our god given rights,the next step is to eliminate reference to god there.
We all been had!.
Who is behind this removal of the stone from the courthouse,they would proudly wear the tag NWO.
WOE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join