It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you America. The gauntlet has been thrown down!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by K_OS

Originally posted by Colonel
I wonder if you all would be so up in arms if it were some Muslim or Jewish commandments? In fact, I bet you'd be rioting for its removal, claiming separation of church and state.

That's why the 10 Commnadments was removed.

If it were Muslim, Jewish, etc. it would still be up. We live in a country that is scared to death about pissing off a minority.

oh, please. Just look at what Byrd said about Wiccans. In the Biblebelt, no other commandment would stand out side of the Christian one. Gimme a break.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Congress shall make no law respecting the establisment of religion.
I think that the language of the day would have been interpreted as:
Congress shall make no law with regards to or affecting any religious establishment.
I think that it would be interpreted as being up to the PEOPLE!.
Since the people are so often Misrepresented,why worry about it.
I wonder if those commandments are for sale on Ebay yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
Congress shall make no law respecting the establisment of religion.
I think that the language of the day would have been interpreted as:
Congress shall make no law with regards to or affecting any religious establishment.
I think that it would be interpreted as being up to the PEOPLE!.
Since the people are so often Misrepresented,why worry about it.
I wonder if those commandments are for sale on Ebay yet?

The People can practice any religon they want. The government cannot promote one over the other or appear to and a courthouse is part of government. So, no 10 commandments.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I wonder if you all would be so up in arms if it were some Muslim or Jewish commandments? In fact, I bet you'd be rioting for its removal, claiming separation of church and state.

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Colonel]

I hate to point out this most obvious point, but the 10 commandments ARE Jewish law. As are they upheld in Islam and Christianity. Moses recieved these, not Jesus, Moses was a Jew, hence it is Jewish law. Jesus was a Jew, that's why it is Christian law as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   

If it were Muslim, Jewish, etc. it would still be up. We live in a country that is scared to death about pissing off a minority.

oh, please. Just look at what Byrd said about Wiccans. In the Biblebelt, no other commandment would stand out side of the Christian one. Gimme a break.

There is a BIG difference between individuals and the government... Byrd is absolutely right about the individual being that way. However you were referring to the government... The gov't would never take on a minority because they are so scared that they won't be P.C. (Politically Correct). I know that you know this as well as I do.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer

[Edited on 28-8-2003 by Colonel]

I hate to point out this most obvious point, but the 10 commandments ARE Jewish law. As are they upheld in Islam and Christianity. Moses recieved these, not Jesus, Moses was a Jew, hence it is Jewish law. Jesus was a Jew, that's why it is Christian law as well.

Ahh, I stand corrected. Let me say then if certain laws of the Koran were put in the courthouse then the people would not stand for it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Ahh, I stand corrected. Let me say then if certain laws of the Koran were put in the courthouse then the people would not stand for it.

As I said before the PEOPLE may not stand for it, but the Government would allow it as they are scared to upset minorities.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   
"Religion" doesn't mean "mainstream Christianity."

Laying down the truth
up:

[You are all absolutely free]

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
.........blow a gasket then,the tablets were moved to another area of the courthouse,not removed.At least that's the rumour now...........Go have a protest.......

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This isn't an issue of attacking Christian Beliefs.
It's an issue of Correcting Problems within our Legal System. Even more directly the Problems with a Judge and his ideas of what his job is.
A courthouse that represents the "People" means ALL PEOPLE, and until every single person under American Law also agrees upon the same Spiritual Belief, it means we keep the Spiritual Rules out of Legal Buildings and keep Societies Laws out of Spirtual Temples.
The Judge is the real problem here. He is under the impression that this is HIS courthouse and it's not. It belongs to the People of this country. It's the same problem throughout all established groups. This judge is representing his views because of his JOB. Same as Pope's bending the rules how he sees them to be within the church. Or the Pres. using his JOB status for his own agenda instead of the PEOPLE. The technique used by those who abuse their power doesn't change much if ya think about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

There is a BIG difference between individuals and the government... Byrd is absolutely right about the individual being that way. However you were referring to the government... The gov't would never take on a minority because they are so scared that they won't be P.C. (Politically Correct). I know that you know this as well as I do.

This is BS. The current admin and political flavor of the government is one that would take on all minorities to satisy the republican constituent.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I wholeheartedly agree, Mojom

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   

This is BS. The current admin and political flavor of the government is one that would take on all minorities to satisy the republican constituent.

Please show me examples of this. You have to do better than just say that something is BS to get people to follow your points.
Now I will turn the floor over to you; awaiting your proof and sources.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
P.S. I was referring to the entire government...ie. courts, states, etc. not just the current president and his staff.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The fact that theis Judge is defying a federal order to satisfy the republican constiuent is one.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
.........blow a gasket then,the tablets were moved to another area of the courthouse,not removed.At least that's the rumour now...........Go have a protest.......

If they put them in the JUDGES PRIVATE CHAMBERS, that's fine with me. Right next to HIS monument to who HE thinks is the BEST BASE BALL TEAM. Or next to HIS pinup girl who HE thinks is the HOTTEST WOMAN EVER. But keep them out of the way when it deals with the views upheld by the Legal System. The American Legal System is here to uphold the Laws governing America...That's it.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The fact that theis Judge is defying a federal order to satisfy the republican constiuent is one.

He tried to defend the view of the majority, that is correct. However this in not taking on a minority. This is one judge, the entire government that appointed him have went against him. Again we have a case of individual...not government.

To define taking on a minority, we must see what that implies. In this context it would mean that a minority (person, belief system, etc.) would have to be targeted for removal. For some reason I cannot remember this being the case.

I await your response.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   
His job is not to do the will of the majority. His job is to administer the law and the law stipulates that the gov shall not promote one religon over another or have the appearance of such.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

His job is not to do the will of the majority. His job is to administer the law and the law stipulates that the gov shall not promote one religon over another or have the appearance of such.

Correct, which is why he was suspended by the Alabama Judicial Inquiry Commission for refusing U.S. District Judge Myron Thompson's order to remove the monument.

However this is not taking on a minority. That is the point that I am waiting for you to prove.

posted on Aug, 28 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Now, on this gov taking on minorities:

1) The republican Supreme Court allowing black voters to be disenfranchised in the Florida 2000 election.

2) Jose Padilla, an American. Remember him? He got disappeared by our Justice Dept. for being a suspected terrorist. No lawyer, no nothing. Just disappeared

3) The State of Texas trying to outlaw gays from being together (or something like that).

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join