It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Seen Ghost Hunters?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ghosts hunters is a tv show on the sci-fi channel which broadcasts at 9 PM on Wednesday nights. It's about a team of paranormal investigators from an organization called TAPS (the atlantic paranormal society). They use emf readers, video and audio recordings and thermometers to search for evidence of paranormal activity in houses where clients claim to have witnessed ghosts.

They present themsevles as professional and rational people as opposed to your normal eccentric psychic ghost hunter that you would find on such shows. They do their investigations in an objective and scientific way. Some of the evidence they come up with is quite convincing. And the fact that sometimes they DON'T come up with evidence and accept the fact that maybe there is no ghost in a given house gives them much more credibility than most shows of the sort.

Some of the evidences they have found include recording of apparitions manifesting, members of their team being nocked down and hit by an unseen force, evp voices (although I'm not sure how reliable those are) and so on.

Quite interesting stuff. It has really made me more convinced that ghosts may indeed be real.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by DaTerminator]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Last season they had the chair moving and in the prison they had a camera set up in a "known" ghost area. They caught it doind exactly as all the guards/tourists/guides said it did. Quite a cool show.

Hey I d/l the video of the ghost from the prison, anyway for me to load it on here? or host, something, whatevr the word I am looking for is.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It sounds a bit like Most Haunted. Do they have mediums andpara-physciologists on that show? If it does it would be the exact double of Most Haunted!

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
TAPS website
hell ya thats my favorite show new season is on to

[edit on 14/6/2005 by hardcore14]

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I like.... hmmm... think of something nice to say... hmmm...

I like the 30 seconds at the end where they show the evidence.

But the "soap opera" reality spoof they do for half an hour of machismo in-fighting is some of the worst filler TV I've ever seen.

Did they purposefully find the dumbest inbreds in America to validate paranormal investigation as science? :shk:

They're PLUMBERS okay? Plumbers. :bnghd:

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I just hate Jason. The tool on the right.

He does nothing, but talk to the camera (while everyone else works) about how everyone but him isn't doing anything right.

Grant actually has a computer science degree and Brian (that they work into the ground) DOES EVERYTHING.

Jason exists so they can make the show interesting (like that doofy father/son Bike team).

And he just brings the whole thing down to the lowest common denominator. It's affirmative action for idiots. And they made him BOSS for crying out loud.

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Uh anyone have an answer on the video question? I could post it if you like I just don't know how.

Also I love the show, so cool! Last season the Coast Guard had them check out a light house where the Coast Guard boys were afraid to enter because of ghosts. The Coast Guard wanted them to prove it wasn't haunted, to bad government...

Also they go in believeing a place isn't haunted, not that it is. No psychics or anything but lots of high tech gadgets to catch stuff. Mainly orbs or EVPs but like the video I have you see the ghost manifest and run down a hall just like the guards/tour guides/whatever claimed.

new topics

top topics

join