It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Bigfoot (article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Some of you will say slanderous things about Rednecks and shooting, so please keep it civil.

I just thought some of you would enjoy this bit of news.

newsok.com.../main

Roper

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hey, Roper, I'm going to the first annual Honobia Bigfoot festival which will be held the last weekend of September.

Will you please go? It would be great to use this opportunity for a few of us to get to meet!

p.s. THANKS FOR THE LINK!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, Roper, but isn't against Oklahoma law to have a loaded weapon in your vehicle?

lol - oops.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would love to go Valhall but I'm out here in the Panhandle and the bulls will be coming in for our annual Performance Bull Test. It would be fun!

Farmers and Ranchers may have a loaded weapon for predator control. The weapon must be in a gun rack. Now I am going from memory on this, so I could be wrong.

Eastern Okla. does it own thing just like the people in No Mans Land.

Roper

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
I would love to go Valhall but I'm out here in the Panhandle and the bulls will be coming in for our annual Performance Bull Test. It would be fun!

Farmers and Ranchers may have a loaded weapon for predator control. The weapon must be in a gun rack. Now I am going from memory on this, so I could be wrong.

Eastern Okla. does it own thing just like the people in No Mans Land.

Roper

At some point in our lives you'll have to explain a "performance bull test"...LOL. I'll take lots of pictures when I'm there and share them here on the board.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Link works but one must register to read the article. Can anyone help with this please?

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well, we can't copy the article in as that is against the rules. But Honobia is basically a general store and a handful of people living in the Kiamichi/Ouchita mountain area of southeast Oklahoma. It is at Honobia many years ago that a family claims a bigfoot came into their front yard and the father shot it dead. The family then claims that two more bigfooters came out of the woods, picked up the dead bigfoot, and carried it away. The family immediately left - moved off. They left so suddenly that food was still in the icebox and such.

It is in this general area - and slightly north of Honobia (at Red Oak I believe), that the majority of sightings in Oklahoma have taken place. This year they are having a festival.

That's about it really.

[edit on 8-7-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I havn't been able to find this at www.bfro.com which to me is a reputable site for bigfoot.

[edit on 7-8-2005 by I See You]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It's bfro.net, not .com.

Here's the link to the Honobia report and investigation:

www.bfro.net...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the correction...I knew that but must of had one of those brain farts. It happens occasionally.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
It's bfro.net, not .com.

Here's the link to the Honobia report and investigation:

www.bfro.net...

It says in the report from the above link that hairs and blood were taken to be tested. Have the results come back? Did they just disappear?

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Just an update here for anyone interested. The Honobia, Oklahoma Bigfoot Festival began having a Sasquatch Conference also. This year the Honobia Sasquatch Conference keynote speaker will be Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Professor of Anatomy at Idaho State University. In addition to Dr. Meldrum's Presentations will be presentations from field researchers of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center and other independent researchers. The conference is hosted by www.mid-americabigfoot.com and sponsored by the Talihina Oklahoma Chamber of Commerce.

While I'm here, I would like to share my own website that explains why I have an interest in the Sasquatch topic: www.bigfootphoto.net .

For more information on the Festival & Conference please visit:
www.bigfootfestival.info -or- www.bigfootmountain.com .

We hope to see you there

top topics

join