It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruce Lee's death

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thank you Paul_Richard for telling me. I'm still young (17) and my abilities is above pare I made some really good move for my self but your advice will help greatly. u2u me if you want tell me some better move for working out and your links are great!

posted on Oct, 3 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
For what it’s worth –

While attending college near to Ontario, California one of my female friends (just a friend as we were not dating) sister dated a man named Nook Lee. He had a studio in Ontario called the “Red Dragon Studio”. I was often at their apartment with my friend when she would visit her sister. On many occasions he would put on demonstrations or work out to entertain us. His demonstrations were spectacular to say the least! The one that impressed me the most was when he would place a Ping-Pong ball on his girlfriend’s head. She was actually a few inches taller than him. He would spin, become airborne and kick the ball full force without touching her hair. The Ping-Pong ball exploded from the force and once it put a hole in the wall. His neighbor got very angry but I won’t go into that story.

About six months after meeting him, my friend and I stopped by to visit. He was very agitated and he was so angry it scared me. He had a hand written letter in his hand that was clearly the source of his anger. His girlfriend was crying and said that Bruce Lee was dead and he had just received a letter about the funeral. He explained that he was Bruce Lee’s Nephew and they had trained together because they were near the same age. I had no idea until that moment there was a connection. He was ranting about something in the letter and he let me read it. He was also very upset because he did not have the money for an airline ticket. According to the letter Bruce Lee was beaten to death by a large group of young thugs in an alley. They were apparently trying to make a name for themselves by killing the great “Bruce Lee”. The letter asked that the recipients keep the information secret. They were concerned that an unreleased movie would be financially damaged if people knew how he was killed. After I read it, he asked that I not tell anyone about it. The news was saying he died from some sort of rare disease that caused his brain to swell.

Was Nook actually Bruce Lee’s Nephew?
I do not know. I don’t know why he would lie about that. I believed him at the time.

What do I know about Nook?
He owned a martial arts studio named the “Red Dragon”.
The man who owned a martial arts studio a block from my mothers house was one of his students.
He only trained people who were already very skilled and most of his students owned studio’s themselves.
He had nothing to gain by lying to me about this.
He never mentioned it again after that day.
His demonstrations were the best I have ever seen and I have never seen anyone match them other than in the fake stuff in the movies.

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
From my understanding, ingesting hash is less harmful than smoking it.
The idea is that you absorb all of the plant, and it is absorbed slowly, and evenly.
But I am not an imbiber of anything, so aside from reading a few MJ mags out of boredom at a friends, I really don't know.
Thre things were mentioned as being in his system, the MJ, a tranquilizer, and the anagelic. Does anyone know what the syptoms of an allergic reaction to any of these things are? Something as severe as brain swelling would have surely been noted.
I do believe that his small body size, and low body fat were indeed a factor. I have a former friend, 4'11, 91 lbs, and most of the meds she takes, she halves, because a full dose she reacts to.
I think that the above post has some valid points, but if he had been beaten to death, there would have been many external signs of it. The likelyhood of NO ONE hitting the face, for example, is unlikely, as accidents happen, espcially if you are fighting an unchorographed fight. There would have been bruises on the body, contusions on the hands.
I am not saying that this is a lie, but there were a lot of rumors about the who and how of Bruce Lee's death, from what I understand. It could be your friend recieved a letter of specualtion about what "truely" happened from another distraght family member.
All that being said, my mother and I agree that the true Heir to the Dragon, is none other than Jet Li. I have heard that they also have had to speed the camera up, and play back at normal speed to catch some of his work on film.
I would love for there to be someway to see an exibition with the two...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Interesting and amusing reading the theories about BL's death.

What only a few people know is that he was taking more than just MJ and equagesic.

Linda Lee's former husband wrote a book about BL several years ago. It's available on the 'Net if you search diligently.

But the reason I posted in this thread was to let people know there was a newly posted documentary from 2002 on Google video (70minutes).

The Legend Lives On

IMDB

It's not bad. Hosted by his brother Robert, with interviews from some of his Oakland students.

Check it out if you're a BL fan.

One anecdote, supposedly first hand, told by Van Williams (the actor who portrayed GH):

In one of the scenes being filmed for Green Hornet, Lee was supposed to kick a handgun out of the bad guy's grip.

He missed the gun but hit the guy's hand/wrist, knocking it away from the gun. As Van says 'The gun just hung there in mid-air'.

Then, Van says, Lee spun again and kicked the guy in the gut, and caught the gun before it had time to fall. Pretty amazing.

As to the person whose husband is a Grand Master (
), Chuck was not even in BL's league and could not have beat him in a fight back in 1970. He was not a fighting champion and only competed in POINT competition - i.e. No Contact Fighting. Though the point fighters could be a little rough, they did not fight for the knockout or submission. Chuck retired in 1974, right before they started full-contact fighting. For a Chuck's Bio, check out IMDB.com.

Admittedly BL never fought so in truth it's just a guess, but even the infamous Ed Parker, the 'Father of Kenpo' was afraid of Lee and treated him with great respect, and Ed was known to have fought many times in the streets of Hawaii.

Now I agree that Chuck continued to improve and eventually earned his Brown Belt in Machado Jiu-Jitsu. At that time, in a sanctioned match in the cage I believe he could have been a match for BL, and could have used his submission skills to submit him. (of course, no biting allowed, haha).

Hope this is of interest.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootyac

I still smell a rat regarding both of their deaths.

I have to agree. I used to go with a friend to visit the Volunteer Park cemetary. We always walked by Bruce Lee's grave and often stopped for a bit. Brandon Lee's death reinforced my opinion that the explanation of Bruce Lee's death was at least incomplete.

He was an amazing martial artist, and had also gone through six months or a year (can't remember) of being medically immobilized due to a severe back injury, then recovered better than ever. He studied many different styles from so many masters. It was said he could master new styles and techniques phenomenally quickly. I also remember a story that his reflexes were measured to be faster than previously thought possible for a human, don't remember the source.

After everything he'd been through, I am suspect that someone could have gotten him with Dim Mak or something along those lines, especially without him knowing what happened. I always suspected poison with him and Brandon's death kind of speaks for itself. Only thing, investigations in both seem to have led nowhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've read several theories on the death of Bruce Lee, some were mentioned here, so I'll repeat the one that I feel is the most believable, at least for me.

Yes, there was 'foul play' but not intentional. Bruce Lee was living very unhealthy, that means not eating properly, not sleeping well, lots of women, etc.. there were no drugs or steroids, although is true he eat those herbs. Apparently his partner was stealing from him, so Lee wanted to part ways and return to the US. He was the biggest star in China and if he leaves that would have been a major blow to their industry and particularly to his partner, so, Lee was lead to live a very unhealthy life and he was poisoned, the first time, he survived because he was taken fast to a hospital. On the second time, the woman that he was with didn't call an ambulance, she call other people who in time didn't call an ambulance either until after a long time, so, by the time he was taken to the hospital he was already dead.

Why the 'foul play' ? so he would not go to the US, trying to stop him by getting him very sick.

Why the ambulance was not called ? ineptitude and 'save face' which is/was apparently important to those involve in the incident.

The controversy because of the only one photo of his corpse with a very inflated neck and apparent marks on his forehead and side of his face favor the idea that he was beaten to dead, but his body was left untreated for 3 days until the autopsy was done, I'm no doctor so, a doctor could be asked if in 3 days at the morgue a body would show those characteristics, the neck in peculiar.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stationk

You seem to be satisfied making claims or giving information but without evidence, sources or citations.

Do you have anything to support what you've said? I've cited a work which does have claims and does have references, the author was Linda Lee's husband at one time.

I'd like to see your sources if you don't mind.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The gravesite..back in the 80s I was sent to the Seattle area for some training. I wanted to go to the see Bruce Lee's grave. But I had little idea where. So I called a couple martial arts places and finally identified the cemetary. It was funny as I caught the marker out of the corner of my eye. I stopped got out..it was amazing to see all the "stuff" people had left. I no longer study/practice martial arts but know still Bruce Lee had big impact on my life. I think it was the combination of things previously mentioned that led to his untimely death. I wonder what movies would have been had he lived.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ok, I just wanted to share my opinion from all the theories that I have read, for the source of information, just books, mostly the ones from Davis Miller. "The Tao of Bruce Lee" and an introduction or 'highlights' from his next book "The Last Days of Bruce Lee". (which apparently has been delayed)

Just sharing the one that I believe the most. For facts, well, the only way would be to make a new autopsy but that is unlike to happen.

best

[edit on 21-3-2008 by stationk]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stationk
Davis Miller. "The Tao of Bruce Lee" and an introduction or 'highlights' from his next book "The Last Days of Bruce Lee". (which apparently has been delayed)

...the only way would be to make a new autopsy but that is unlike to happen.

Cool. Thanks. I have looked through the Davis Miller book and I've read many of the early books, incl Linda's book (The Man Only I Knew)

I also have the BB 25th anniversary issue (1998) and Bob Wall gives some interesting comments.

According to Linda's ex-husband, who claims to have Lee's medical reports, there were some interesting findings but I'm not really able to go into them in detail right now since it would be time-consuming. But since he hasn't published them, we can't know for sure.

If you want to toss around some ideas in U2U later I'm game...

Thanks for the nice reply!

[edit on 21-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
np, it's an interesting story and I would like to know what happened to him. The new book from Miller is delayed and that's the one that has most of what I mentioned (according tot he highlights he gave on an interview). I hope that book gets printed.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stationk
np, it's an interesting story and I would like to know what happened to him. The new book from Miller is delayed and that's the one that has most of what I mentioned (according tot he highlights he gave on an interview). I hope that book gets printed.

Well one thing jumps out at you right away if you think about it. If the CoD was due to a reaction to Equagesic, which is meprobamate (a mild muscle relaxant) and aspirin, and that was taken due to a headache, then logically maybe the 'swelling of the brain' was already happening. Thus rather than being -caused- by the relatively innocent Equagesic, there was some other root cause. Some people have mentioned cortico-steroids, like cortisone, which don't build muscle, but are used to reduce inflammation, as a potential cause.

Interestingly, though corticosteroids are sometimes confused with anabolics, they don't build muscle. However, cortisone can have an ergogenic effect and is one of the things banned by the Tour de France.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yes, I think I've seem similar info around. In my opinion, Lee didn't took steriods (as in for build muscle), some people say that now because of the effects that are known today, specifically the 'roid rage' but they fail to see the personality of Lee which from various accounts was short tempered. That's why I like Miller's books, he shows Lee as a person and tries to avoid falling into the myth that has been created around him.

There's an story by one of his student that they were goofing around trowing punches at each other and his student connected, he didn't hit Lee, the punch simple 'got in' and Lee got angry and threw real punches at his student who put his arms up trying to protect himself. That was his temper, add that to the stress he was him and people say 'roid rage', he didn't took steroids he just had bad temper.

Other people are now saying the he suffered a sudden epilepsy attack , something that was unknown until 1995 and the root of such an event is a lot of stress and lack of sleep, a condition that Lee was in for months before his death. (Which is also used to explain the bumps on his face due to possible violent convulsions)

I hope that the new book from Miller sees publication, he said in an interview that he's finding resistance from Lee's families and some friends, maybe because he's showing Lee as a very human person.

But, no new autopsy, no way of knowing.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Bruce and Chuck were great fighters and two great people. The two in their prime you would have to give to Chuck because of his professional record and besides what you think he could fight a true fight with anyone and win at that time. When I was a young buck my dad trained at Bad Brad Heftons place in our home town and Chuck would pay a visit every now and then to hang with the new champ and teach him a few pointers. Chuck was tough as nails and I don't think anyone should ever underestimate his fighting skills. Chuck is also a world class individual and what he has said in this article just proves that even more.

www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sky Watcher,
Nice post..Yes Norris is/was a gracious individual. Still looks great for his age. I'd like to see him in one last great martial arts movie with Jet Li, Jackie Chan maybe even Seagull. I still think Bruce Lee was the best and would defeat Norris. Imagine all the great moives we have all missed because of Lee's death.

Take care,
BP

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
That infamous article published on Penthouse in 1983 is availalbe for free download at:

bruceleedeath.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
You nailed it. Although that article published in Penthouse in 1983 had touched some of your points. bruceleedeath.blogspot.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A very interesting thread. thanks to the person who posted the link to the pdf download, i had not seen that before. Hope this continues i see it is running since 2005. Also has anyone a link to the updated miller book, the one i see is published in 2000 . Thanks

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
his son got too close and them triads silenced him and since hk was still semi corrupted at that time, it was not hard to cover up where that bullet came from. the whole crew shooting at the time and the entire entertainment industry was controlled by the triads.

and its history that bruce lee himself was having troubles wid them triads when he was a teen, thats why he got set to the states =P

n the headache was from some laced pot, they knew he was allergic at least, if not hyper allergic, and had that pill ready after the laced pot brownie / tea whatever food they wanted to cook with. voila he gets a headache he gets a painkiller and the innocent ppl at scene planted by the triads, the actress and whoever actor coworker there that afternoon. Huge setup for ppl in the public in the first place. the maids and servants probably did all the dirty work like switching pills and #, or planting the bullet, heroin addicts at that time..and then silenced by the triad after so nobody would even find a witness to have enough evidence anyways. not like the corrupted cops or good cops would reveal this to the world, hong kong pride, represent.

just blazed and my 2 cents.

P.S Bruce Lee's son prob dug and thought a lot harder and was fighting solo for years and did a lil more than search on google to get a bullet in him =(

rest in peace u 2.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I grew up on Bruce Lee and had a huge crush on Brandon Lee...
I remember when my dad told me Bruce Lee was dead,he said it was from a gunshot wound during the filming of a movie.
Years later when Brandon died from a gunshotwound filming The Crow I called my dad and it was his opinion (shared by many friends) that the same 'group' that was responsible for Bruce's death was also responsible for Brandon's...
There was alot of speculation in our area at the time about the Bruce Lee curse and how it had affected his son as well.
Again...this was what I was told at the time, so it is just my speculation.
I had the chance to tour the set where Brandon was shot when I was in Wilmington..creepy and sad,I'd never want to go there again.
I do remember that the actor that fired the fatal shot quit acting after Brandon's death. He was said to have been extremely traumatised by the incident.

As a side note on the whole pot issue...I have a severe allergy to it (imagine trying to explain what you were doing to an ER doc.lol)
My airways swell shut and I get hives along with severe migraines,BUT I have never heard of pot swelling someones brain...killing a few brain cells yes but swelling the brain to the point of death,no.

Both Bruce and his son Brandon were great men and they both are truly missed.

[edit on 10-11-2008 by SilentOne]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join