It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hiroshima Cover-Up

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Funny, how we are all nice and snug in our little houses typing up silly conspiracies about Atom Bombs and so on. The conspiracies alway's head back to the USA don't they ? Why is that do you wonder ? Perhap's because we all contributed to the whole CAPER in the first place ? With some " hand selected clips " of history to fit in with the next PBS ( a ' P ' & BS ? Hmmm ? )? Get yer jammies on and let's all take a nap.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah Why didn't they drop the bomb on a Military target?

they did, 3 major military targets were right there and it was a major staging area for the military.

OYG

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
People can talk all day about about the ruthless acts of any country, every country has them. Colonization=slavery and genocide: all first world races have gone through it: the British, the French, the Americans the Spanish, the portugese, the dutch, the germans, Jews, Arabs, Buddhist, Hindu they all go through a stage when they consume... this is war...

I respect the argument people give when they say "dropping the bomb saved lives" but I can't stand the people that say defeating Japan was a good thing. American people can only describe the Japanese during WWII as ruthless killers, that is all they know, they can't even begin to realize the ideologies and politics behind the actions.

Prior to the onset of WWII, Japan was active in "Colonizing" Eastern Asia which was at the time a string of puppet governments maitained by various western powers. The reason for the shift towards imperialism in japanese policy was a product of Commadore Perry, an American who forced open japanese borders which at the time could only be penetrated by select dutch and spanish (maybe portugese) merchants. He did this by threatening the emperor saying that if the emperor didn't agree to his terms he was going to begin attacking port cities of Japan at random from sea with the canons on his infamous "black ship". From this point forth Western culture quickly turned from simply being a novelty to a means of survival. Japan hurridly goes into it's own industrial revolution after Japanese luminaries bring back the secrets of western science and technology. An industrial revolution needs material; not being blessed with natural recources like rubber and oil, Japan needed a cheaper way to obtain resources. The world was already a classroom for Imperialism 101. Africa, South America, India, China, Pacific Islands, they were all examples of what Japan needed to do to become a player.

Simply put, Japan taking over manchuria and other parts of asia was bad business for the west, hence old grudges turns into World War AGAIN.

I say this only because the defeat of Germany would've been small beans if the europeans had acted in the beginning when germany started to "annex" territories outright. Strict embargos like ones placed on Japan should've helped slow the military buildup. They didn't, so it escalates to the point where the US needs to join the war in Europe, instead the US goes to the aid of China, dogfights between the Japanese and americans were going on even before a single bomb was dropped on Pearl Harbor. The US also being the No.1 oil exporter at the time also cuts the power to the Japanese Industrial Revolution. This leaves Japan without allies in an age of alliences, forcing them to pick the last dudes left, hence the axis powers. The dog will eventually bite the master if the master doesn't feed it. It did, on a sunday in the morning so all the "defenders" will be at church and away from the equipment basically unguarded in the harbor. Hmmm I wonder where all the carriers were?

As far as the merciless treatment of POWs is concerned; in Bushido, admitting defeat to save one's life is shameful to not only the defeated but the shame extends to every person of the same bloodline for producing or being the child of a "coward". Hence in the Japanese fuedal ages POWs did not exist, they either died in battle or they took their own lives. So that culturally imbedded ideology combined with your more simple "blue eyed devil who will devour your babies" propaganda quickly turns murder or torture of POWs with blue eyes into a civil service for the emperor and humanity. I'm not justifying the killings just merely noting that it's not very different then the way US conducts itself today.

The destruction of helpless enemies through brute force in order to protect an ideology and a way of life.

It's the same reason why Jihadists commit acts of terrorism, and its the same reason why the atom bomb was dropped, and to social darwinists this is the answer to the question of life.

I'm not satisfied with it. It's too Neanderthaal. Too bad they don't teach history. Hope this made you want to learn something.

Please feel free to point out inconsistancies you see in my facts... I'm known to talk about stuff I don't know much about.

If you read my whole post you do not have ADD, congradulations!

[edit on 7-8-2005 by OYG]

[edit on 7-8-2005 by OYG]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
That's the Question that was always in my head, since I have heard for Hiroshima and Nagasaki A-Bombs.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were centers of military industry and their destruction was essential to ending the war. The US dropped leaflets on both cities days before dropping the bomb.

At the time of its bombing, Hiroshima was a city of considerable industrial and military significance. Some military camps were located nearby such as the headquarters of the Fifth Division and Field Marshal Hata's 2nd General Army Headquarters, which commanded the defense of all of southern Japan. Hiroshima was as a major supply and logistics base for the Japanese military. The city was a communications center, a storage point, and an assembly area for troops. It was chosen as a target because it had not suffered damage from previous bombing raids, allowing an ideal environment to measure the damage caused by the atomic bomb. The city was mobilized for "all-out" war, with thousands of conscripted women, children and Koreans working in military offices, military factories and building demolition and with women and children training to resist any invading force.

[...]

The city of Nagasaki had been one of the largest sea ports in southern Japan and was of great wartime importance because of its wide-ranging industrial activity, including the production of ordnance, ships, military equipment, and other war materials.

[...]

Leaflets

TO THE JAPANESE PEOPLE:
America asks that you take immediate heed of what we say on this leaflet.
We are in possession of the most destructive explosive ever devised by man. A single one of our newly developed atomic bombs is actually the equivalent in explosive power to what 2000 of our giant B-29s can carry on a single mission. This awful fact is one for you to ponder and we solemnly assure you it is grimly accurate.

We have just begun to use this weapon against your homeland. If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city.

Before using this bomb to destroy every resource of the military by which they are prolonging this useless war, we ask that you now petition the Emperor to end the war. Our president has outlined for you the thirteen consequences of an honorable surrender. We urge that you accept these consequences and begin the work of building a new, better and peace-loving Japan.

You should take steps now to cease military resistance. Otherwise, we shall resolutely employ this bomb and all our other superior weapons to promptly and forcefully end the war.

wikipedia

On August 4th, 1945, 700,000 leaflets were dropped on Hiroshima warning that the city would be demolished. The warning was not taken seriously.

PBS.org

www.pbs.org...

www.childrenofthemanhattanproject.org...

www.worldwideschool.org
www.trumanlibrary.org...

www.cia.gov...
ed to shorten links

[edit on 9-8-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thanks for that Grady, I had almost forgot it. Seems we gave them fair warning which they chose not to heed. But alas, to the America haters in here it makes no difference........sadly.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Ed, when you see a leaflet beside the gutter which reads someone is about to drop a nuclear bomb on you - don't come crying to us when you chose not to heed the warning.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well Actually I am kind of Glad that US Forces did not hit the First Target on their Primary List - Kobe; and then Destroy several Ancient Temples. But as MANY of you haven't noticed this Topic is not about "Cover-Up" of the Nuclear Bombs, or if these Bombs were really Needed or Not. Nope. It's a Story about how the Military ALWAYS LIES TO THE PEOPLE! Always the Army needs to have a Clean Uniform, no matter what Damage they did; or even Worst for them, to Admit they really did all that Damage. Everytime it's "NEEDED" - just like the US Forces Today "Needed" to Level the City of Fallujah with Several Tons of Depleted Uranium. It was Unavoidable. It was Necessary. There was no other Option. We are always Right and you are always Wrong. The Military don't care about nobody but their own Selves. They don't give a Damn about Civilan Casualties or the Damage they will do to the Infrastructure or the Enviroment.

And even when they dropped two Nuclear Bombs, for which they did not know how they would Effect the Population - they Denied the Reports of a "Radiation Sickness" and they Denied the Reports of these two Brave Journalists, that have Broken their Law of Isolation and went to see with their own eyes whats going on. The Same Story happens Today in Iraq - if you are not inBED with the Pentagon, you are a Journalist in Severe Danger.

I suggest the Followint Thread for Further Reading, how not being Embedded with Pentagon can be Very Dangours - but not just from the Fire by the Insurgents....

In Bed With Pentagon - War on Journalism

He who's not with US, is against US!

He Who does not write what we want to, is sleeping with the enemy - sleeping with terrorists, Al-qaeda and Saddam loyalists. ERGO: because Qatar based Al-Jazeera is not in bed with us, they are sleeping with the enemy. What he wanted to say was 3 things:

1. That "War against Terror" is really "War against Media".

2. Why US forces must deal with these "hostile journalists".

3. Why the US forces are targeting "hostile journalists" in Iraq and Afganistan.

His statement sounded like a page from Mein Kampf, but then again even Hitler could not say it that well. That is the "Final Solution" to the journalist question in the Middle East. Nothing new; this final solution is in full motion from the year 2001 - right after US invasion in Afganistan, american airplanes attacked Al-Jazeera station in Kabul. Why? Because they critisized the american invasion in Afganistan.

For this Article even mister skippytjc said, and I Quote:

What a wonderful composition of speculation. Your post is the most well constructed piece of OPINION I have read on these boards in a long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join