It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile in English River? (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Rumours have begun circulating about a mysterious animal lurking in the River Lea, near the proposed Olympic sites in London. Eyewitnesses saw an adult Canadian Goose dissapear instantly as if pulled from beneath by a large predator. Experts are not ruling out the crocodile theory but have put there money on a large Pike or Catfish.

news.bbc.co.uk
A crocodile living in a secluded stretch of river is among explanations for vanishing wildlife in east London.
Boat trippers on the River Lea watched as a Canada Goose vanished "almost instantaneously", apparently dragged beneath the water by a mystery beast.

Mark Gallant, of the Lea Rivers Trust, who was on the boat, said: "Whatever that thing was, it had to be big".

Cygnets have also gone missing, but experts say large fish, or a Caiman, could also be responsible.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Whilst it is possible that a crocodile could have been released from a private collector, I believe it is more than likely a large fish, such as described above. Especially considering that only recently, a catfish was caught in Spain that weighed 15 stones and was over 10ft long.

If a crocodile was resident in the river, one would have thought that it's activities would have been more noticable and certainly if experts where seriously considering the existence of such a creature, there would be more efforts to keep people away from the area in case of any danger.

Hopefully, more will come out soon about this as it is quite interesting.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
For those that are voting no, please read the text of the NO submission:

A contributor voting NO on your submission: (submission) (news) Crocodile in English River? has indicated they did so because they feel your topic really isn't appropriate for ATSNN. Keep in mind that ATSNN is the news portal service of a conspiracy and alternative topic community

Please see that which I highlighted.

If on this site we can talk about Nessie and Bigfoot, then why not crocodiles in an English River?

Please think before you vote, not everything has to be about conspiracies and terrorists.

[edit on 6/8/05 by stumason]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
i voted Yes

This news is good because it isn't normal to get Crocodile in an English river....

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I like this story too, but I think the title could have been a bit more snappy.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Boom!Boom!

Snappy...... Was that the best you could do? lol

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I know Stu, that was lame wasn't it, but I couldn't think of 'owt else.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
What, like...

"Reptilian Royal Ruins Rivertrip"?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Actually Ithe title was good. It made me want to read this thread. You found a good one. I forewarded the BBC article to several NON-ATS friends.

top topics

join