It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets start a World Ufologist Alliance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ok, well it has come to my attention that many people here on ATS are amature ufologists or some even more professional, but I was thinking -- the greatest problem with most scientific breakthroughs is the lack of communication between those throughout the world working on the same thing..

So with that in mind, I thought perhaps we could start a World Ufologist Alliance (if one does not already exist, im not aware of any??). So we could get members that have video cameras, digital cameras computers etc and whatever else might be needed and have people from all over the world sign up.

The aim would be to have Ufologist in as many areas of the world as possible, so if there is a lead in a particular area that we need to have followed up, the person around that area can go out, do some research and report back where we could compile it into one large database.

So if there is a UFO sighting in Leeds, UK we'd send out our Leeds agent to get some witness accounts, perhaps get some artist renditions and so forth to then be put into the database, where it can be compared by all the UFOlogist members so that hopefully we can get to the final truth, a little faster.

What do you all think?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Hmm. Interesting idea. A few questions run through my head though:

1) Will people who sign up actually be willing to follow through, take pictures, track down witnesses and conduct interviews?

2) How practical will it be to get useful information given the delay? For instance...let's say there's a ufo sighting my my home town. Someone films it. The following day, they convert the video to computer format, make it available and contact some alternative news website, a radio talk show host, or whomever. Let's say it only takes a day for them to sort through their mail and actually read it. They're so excited about it that they bump their planned show for the evening, and talk about it on the air. The following day the video is spread, and word of it reaches you and your organization. You look it up, and see that I am listed as willing to conduct followup research in my area, so you send me an email asking for me to look into it. The following day, I check my email, and rush right out that evening to do my investigating. Of course, all I have is a name and a city, so it takes me a day to actually lolcate the people and find the exact location, and I can now start my investigation.

It has now been five days since the event. I might be able to interview the person who took the video, but presumably he's already been interviewed on teh air, or at least attached a description on the website that the video was made available on. I may be able to wander around the site, but after a week, it's unlikely that any meaningful physical evidence will remain. Especially if it was simply a video of an airbourne object. There's not going to be anythign for me to look at, and I will lack the equipment to do any meaningful tests. Radiation, electromanetics, etc. Not that anything is likely to remain to be sampled after five days.

Add to this that five days is extremely optimistic. Take a look at the date on the next "latest" and "breaking" ufo video you see. In my experience, it's usually at least a month before the video actually reaches me. Again, in that time...what is likely to remain for me to go look into?

Now...all that having been said...I'm still listening. Are there other angles I'm not considering? Is there anything else your organization might do that wouldn't be affected by any of this?

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ok there are a few options of getting around this, as I think only a small % of UFO sightings etc get actual media coverage, especially mainstream media coverage.

I think there is some kind of UFO world reporting centre, and the whole thing is actually run by one guy (Please correct me if im wrong). Anyway, he gets lots of reports but cannot fully investigate them all, he does however take down witness accounts, pictures etc. Perhaps if we had a world-wide team, or even teams in areas that he gets a report in, we can have an alliance with this reporting centre and send out a team member to immediately gather further eyewitness acounts, physical evidence etc.

We would of course, also set up a website where we could take down UFO reports.. then we could sift through them quickly and work out which are of the greatest merit and assign member(s) to investigate. We could also have another form for people who have something to say or add regarding a previously reported UFO abudction etc.

Another idea i had was that we should probably setup continental team leaders (the more dedicated members), for instance one in North America where if any photos, interviews or physical evidence are taken, can be sent there. In the case of photos and tapes etc i'd say everyone should make their own copies or scan them incase something gets lost in the postage.

This is just one idea, and i'd be really interested to hear what everyone else has to add to this.

I just think it could be a good way of getting leads to Ufologists (ammature or pro) aswell as working on a centralized way to keep all of the information together, and readily accessible -- to anyone.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by ekul08]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Hey if your willing to setup a website and all i would gadly help out

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It would be nice to get one started because it would allow for more public disclosure of the topic. Another good point is it would raise more questions and present more facts to the govt. If enoungh credible proof were to be put out there, the govt. would either have to s&1t or get off the pot. Sounds interesting to me. If I can help drop me a uto u

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Alright, I'm more than willing to setup the website, though i'm not sure my expertise will be quite sufficient.

I can either setup a nice Portal mambo or e107 style, or we can start from scratch with a HTML site and perhaps a forum script, though i would like to have a way for more senior site members to help maintain and edit stories, pages and so forth.

I have plenty of webspace but unfortunately cant afford to register a domain for it at the moment so it will have to be a subdomain for the moment.

Any name suggestions?

WUFOA (World UFOlogist Alliance?)
EERA (Earth Extra-terrestrial Research Alliance? or perhaps WERA)
umm.. UUA (united ufologis alliance)
WUA (World Ufologist Alliance without having the 'FO')

I'm gonna start planning the site on paper as to what sections will be needed, modules etc.. so any ideas, suggestions, help would be greatly appreciated!

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You have bought up an fanatastic idea.. im sure lotta ppl will be more than willing to be a part of it.. im one of em'..! Terz many ppl out here researchin tis stuff..on their own.. and like u mentioned y not everyone join-in together for tis..cuz in tis case many heads are better than one!

[edit on 6-8-2005 by Grey_Mysterio]

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You sound very enthusiastic, i envy your determination

The idea of having up coming ufologists from around the world investigating past and present cases of sightings/abuductions would be fantastic.

The fact that im only 16 would be a big put off to many ufologists but hey you everyone starts somwhere so hopfully i can give you a helping hand some way in this project.

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I like the way you are thinking, but I believe you're off track just a hair. What we need in this area, be it ufo, or conspiracy, is some kind of political- cultural alliance. If information, and video tapes, and witness reports were going to do it we would have won long ago. Good luck though, whatever you decide to do.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I like the idea hole heartidly. I like the sense of ambition towards the idea as well. There are strength in numbers

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Hate to rain on the parade, but there are already numerous and respected such organizations... You'd probably be better off simply joining up as a volunteer with the local chapter of these....
MUFON, NUFORC, etc. spring to mind.

Also, a word of caution regarding the Terms and Conditions, in respect to cultivating members for a group...

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks Gazrok, I wasn't sure if there were any other organisations like this out there.. I had heared of MUFON but, for some reason I thought it was a UFO cult of some sort.

Anyway, thanks for the warning too, i didn't really start this thread to start recruiting, but more to see what other people here thought of the idea. Anyway, it looks like there are some organisations that do, at least similar things to this, so ill do some more research before i make my final decision, though it looks like its probably off.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd like to make a motion that Esoteric Teacher serves as treasurer. I'll split the funds with whoever seconds the motion .........

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
GREAT IDEA

It will need a great deal of commitment from its members though and some free time if they are to get artists impressions and descriptions on what it looked like

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I second the motion that E.T. serve as treasurer.

top topics

join