It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran, China, and the US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
AT the moment, the US is currently at war with terrorism, on a global level: from the jungles of South America to the sophistication of Italy and the hell holes of the middle east. Currently, Iran is seen by the US as another possible target to invade along the lines of that of Afghanistan(due to Iranian desire to harness nuclear tech). So why hasn't the US invaded? It is because Iran is China's largest supplier of oil and natural gas. Oil is essential to running a war machine.

China has expressed feelings of wanting to reclaim the 'rogue' breakaway nation of Tawain(they kicked Tawain out of the UN a few years back), who's largest country of export is the US. So there might be a need for the US to defend Tawain against a possible Chinese invasion. In order to do this, China would need more oil to fuel its war machine. A possible preemptive strike on Iran will crush China's ambitions. And at the moment, the US has two major bases on either side of Iran, holding them in check so to speak.

So it is my conclusion, that if an attack against Iran ever occurs, don't expect to see the US at war with China anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
China has been stockpiling oil reserves for the last 2-3 years. If we hit Iran, China has sufficient oil reserves to see them through the initial stages of war with the US and get the oil fields of Iran back up and running to supply the rest. At least, this is what China thinks so a pre-emptive strike on Iran will not intimidate the Chinese.

As the upcoming battle over Taiwan escalates, China will take Taiwan by force. The US will try to intervene militarily, and then China and Russia will lead a host of Arab nations in a war against the US in which many in the US will die in the next 5 years or so. It will be nuclear and catastrophic.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by managerie

As the upcoming battle over Taiwan escalates, China will take Taiwan by force. The US will try to intervene militarily, and then China and Russia will lead a host of Arab nations in a war against the US in which many in the US will die in the next 5 years or so. It will be nuclear and catastrophic.

May I ask what you have been smoking? China can not take Taiwan now, nor in the foreseeable future - its sabre rattling nothing more.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I was under the impression that China and Taiwan are basically in the same holding position they've been for years.

The CCP has to say they want Taiwan because that's what the Chinese people want. The Taiwan government has to say they don't want to be part of China under the CCP because that's how they got voted in. As long as Taiwan doesn't try to claim independence, China won't try to invade, and everybody just goes about their daily business. And every now and then China sends them Panda bears, Golden monkeys and relaxes a few trade barriers.

Unless the president of Taiwan has gone insane and I didn't hear about it, I don't think they are going to proclaim their independence anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

May I ask what you have been smoking? China can not take Taiwan now, nor in the foreseeable future - its sabre rattling nothing more.

Ok, if you say so. Just remember what I said. It may come in handy.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by managerieAs the upcoming battle over Taiwan escalates, China will take Taiwan by force. The US will try to intervene militarily, and then China and Russia will lead a host of Arab nations in a war against the US in which many in the US will die in the next 5 years or so. It will be nuclear and catastrophic.

Ouch!!! That does seem a little harsh.

Not only harsh, but you left the Europeans and the UN out of the whole thing.
Do they just sit around and watch.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyouslyhumored

Originally posted by managerieAs the upcoming battle over Taiwan escalates, China will take Taiwan by force. The US will try to intervene militarily, and then China and Russia will lead a host of Arab nations in a war against the US in which many in the US will die in the next 5 years or so. It will be nuclear and catastrophic.

Ouch!!! That does seem a little harsh.

And let's not forget Australia and Japan, both of whom would surely be on our side. And I really don't think it matters how much oil China has in its reserves. I'm sure we know where the majority, if not all, of their oil reserves are stored and we'd bomb the hell out of them in the early stages of a conflict.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

China has been stockpiling oil reserves for the last 2-3 years. If we hit Iran, China has sufficient oil reserves to see them through the initial stages of war with the US and get the oil fields of Iran back up and running to supply the rest. At least, this is what China thinks so a pre-emptive strike on Iran will not intimidate the Chinese.

Sorry to say this, but Iraq had the most powerful army of any country in the middle east, that would put them second against Pakistan in terms of Islamic countries. It took the US all of three days to defeat them. Defense spending by Russia, China, and Islamic countries comes out to about half what the US spends. No one is even capable of launching a war on American soil.

Stockpiling a couple years worth of oil won't do much good, you need a continuous flow of oil.

Besides a nuclear holocaust in America would mean that the 2000+ nukes the US has will be deployed. Peackmakers, soon to be retired, can carry a max of 11 nukes, the Trident II a close second with 8.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyouslyhumored

Yes, Europeans have no interests in Asia. And UN is busy in Afrika and have no time to waste in Asia.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
So let me see,

Supposing China takes Taiwan by force, and then the US tries to intervene, and then China and Russia lead a host of Arab nations in a nuclear and catastrophic war against the US which lasts some five years...

Europeans sit back and watch while the UN stays "busy" in Africa ?

Well like they say, fiction can be fun. I just don't know which one of the two holds more validity

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In a blow on China's efforts to expand its oil economy, CNOOC withdrew from biding on UNOCAL.

en1.chinabroadcast.cn...@264657.htm

posted on Aug, 11 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Interesting. And then again if the United States is distracted in another war China may feel that being the best time to well, invade and retake Taiwan?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Maybe so....
But..
what would stop Suadi putting there hand up?
Hey china, we'll supply you as much oil as you please... for a price!

I mean the USA wont then invade Saudi will we? too many ties with them.

We cant STOP Getting oil from them can we...

IS it possible

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, I think most people know how I feel about this...

Sufice it to say, Taiwan can't take a tiny Island off it's cost, much less luanch a war against a nation that is halfway around the world which outclasses China, Russia, and any other country in every single way from a military standpoint.

Whenever you think war, think logistics first. Does China, Russia, or the ME have the means to get soldiers to the US, and get them food, oil, and weapons?

Thats what I thought.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
There seems to have been a bit of a shift in US/Saudi relations since the old king died. Saudi Arabia has already announced it is to pull out about $360Billion in it's US investments to be reinvested at home and elsewhere. Then they replaced Prince Bandar as Ambassador to the US (one of GWB's best buddies). I wonder too if SA will ask the US to start removing it's miliary from it's current bases in SA?
The economic implications alone should be cause for concern, unless of course the robbers in the US up the stakes a bit and freeze (steal) SA assets in the US.

True, the US has a military budget far greater than anyone else, but when you look at the outsourcing and rip-offs by their contractors, it's not hard to see where the money goes
The US may have the military might but would not be able to fight in more than one theatre at a time, especially given it's dire recruiting problems right now. Ok, they could launch the cruise missiles and drop a load of bombs in more than one theatre but, without going nuclear, they will not be able to overwhelm forces on the ground before they hit supply and re-armament problems.
China and Russia are not just going to sit back and see the US try to control the oil fields of the ME. Venezuela too may turn off the supply and sell to someone else as well, possibly China.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Oh, another fine piece of anti-american crap, hey if you hate us so much go live with your buddies the saudis,chinese and whoever the hell else you love so much. Im so sick of this crap being posted on this site, there is very little truth to any of it and it only has one purpose, to slander the US as much as possible. Well britguy, see if china or russia come to your aid the next time you have some dictator going to shove some missiles where the sun dont shine. Hopefully your country's infrastructure will collapse any way when you finally give the wrong people sanctuarary.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Touched a nerve there did I

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
yeah, you did and i dont think its fair that america is the one who is being blamed for the war on terror. remember we were attacked first, we responded and IMO it is completly justified.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Where did I say anything "anti-American"? I was merely pointing out what is happening (Saudi asset recovery).
I have no love of the regimes of China, Russia, UK, USA or any ME countries.
We are all nothing but cannon fodder and tax-paying serfs to them. I have many American friends and relatives, why would I wish harm to come to them or to any other human being?

All that is happening today has nothing to do with the "war on terror". The thread has nothing to do with that subject and neither did my post.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Maybe so....
But..
what would stop Suadi putting there hand up?
Hey china, we'll supply you as much oil as you please... for a price!

I mean the USA wont then invade Saudi will we? too many ties with them.

We cant STOP Getting oil from them can we...

IS it possible

If we have ties, why not use it in our favour and buy more oil from Saudi Arabia. $66 per barrel?

Besides, SA is weak and it was proved in Gulf War 1 when they got scared over the Iraq military which took all of three days to vanquish by way of US coalition forces. They owe us one...sort of.

In fact the Saudis do supply oil to China in vast amounts, but with bases in SA, come a potential war, who would oppose the US in a conflict with China?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join