It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Call for Truth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This thread actually makes me sad. It's hard to explain but somehow i've got to try.

When you lose the awe, the mystery, the wonder of being alive in a world filled with oddities and strangeness, you miss out on a truly wonderful part of being alive.

The author of this thread will never look for the end of the rainbow. He will never spot feirie circles or cross a bridge that a troll lives under. He knows there is no tooth fairy or Santa Clause and that all that exists is all that exists. He will never eat a cookie so wonderful that it had to be made by a keebler elve.

I would rather believe in those things that make life magic then live in a world without ghosts and fairies and elves. To do other wise would be just too sad.

Love and light,

Wupy

edit for spelling

[edit on 13-8-2005 by mrwupy]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   

He will never eat a cookie so wonderful that it had to be made by a keebler elve.

Sadly you know that they will respond with something like "I'd rather live in a non-mysterious world than fool myself into believing in one that doesn't exist. Why do you insist on throwing back the hard work of science and behaving like a child. This isnt real. You cant prove it." On and on and on.

The thing is that 90% of people accept that there is not a tooth fairy. You don't have to stretch it that far and believe in something that ridiculous (No offense to anyone who does still believe in the tooth fairy by chance =)). There really are things out there that we truely don't know if they exist or not. People like to think that they know so much, but we really, really don't.

Think about the simple things. Think about how amazing the things that we already do know about the world are. Wind and gravity are both invisible forces which can obviously be felt. Both of them have sources, but I would venture to say that the majority of people do not know what causes these phenomenon. Doesn't anybody else think that what we know about nature is already magical unto itself? Even without the paranormal and spiritual world (that I do honestly believe are just real and will someday be as accepted as wind and gravity), I am already in constant awe at the power and beauty of nature.

No offense to you guys, but being a hardcore skeptic must suck. I consider myself pretty skeptical, but I stay open too, and I always keep try to keep it light-hearted, either way. Building up all that stress and never taking time to step outside of the logic-box to smile for a little bit. Obviously we shouldn't blindly accept everything, but we shouldn't harshly rip everything down needlessly either. Some of what we believe in is going to be disproven before the time we die, and we will all look like total idiots, but I bet if you took a study, people that believe in the paranormal probably live a decade longer on average than people who only spend their time disproving it and not taking time to enjoy life or dream a little.

Just a single post on the first page this thread by Raideur contained the following words to describe believers... seems pretty harsh and actually even to the point of harrassment and prejudice if you ask me:

*Complete baloney (twice
)
*Lies
*Crazy
*Nonsense
*Fanatics
*Do not deserve your time

Now I agree that there are some nuts out there, as in any group of people, but the majority of people I have met here in the paranormal forum hereare intelligent, educated, and nothing but co-operative in their discussions. And I definately don't think they deserve to be called "Crazy nonsense-believing fanatics" in a frustrated and futile attempt to prove your point. Thx.

I seriously think they just get kicks out of pissing people off, because I don't understand why else they would go around posting harsh comments saying that "such and such a thing" is not possible, providing even less proof that it isn't possible than we provide that it is possible. I like to hear both sides of the story, and I wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't done in such a rude, mean, and attacking way. If you want to continue making boards like this and debating the validity of other posts (which is totally fine), can you please just tone it down a little.

PS: On a lighter note...I love the signature, mrwupy =)

Check out this link on the statistics of people (in the US) and their believe in the paranormal:

www.heartheissues.com...

Nearly half of the population believes in ESP? I just don't get how you can so quickly discredit such a large percentage without a some serious investigation and scientific experiments on a massive scale. (Because believe it or not, the people who are actually doing tests are finding out that maybe there is actually a bit of validity to these subjects) Note that most of the percentages of people who believe in these things are actually either staying the same or increasing, not decreasing, over the years.

[edit on 13-8-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Aug, 14 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Gormly, I say this with utmost respect and sincerity;
It seems to me, that at one point, you really wanted to (or really did) believe (in something), but something happened that broke your heart and in turn, you became bitter.
That truly saddens me.
I do, however, believe that the universe does not begin and end with limited mortality.
What would be the point?
I have experienced and seen some interesting things in this world, and, where as I always try to explain everything rationaly, rational is not always the answer.
Sometimes, we just have to accept that the universe does not conform to our limited expectations.
The human will is absolute, this I do believe.
But there will always be more to learn.

<< 1  2   >>

join