It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA AI .mil & more

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I worked three and a half as an engineer for DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) and have a couple of responses to postings here. DARPA has a lot of secrets, but it isn't the nefarious agency implied by some. If it weren't for DARPA, we probably wouldn't have the internet today; that agency literally began it.

And I noticed the name of Dr. Robert Walker O'Neal mentioned in this thread. I didn't know his middle name but I met him over maybe a 2 or 3 week time during my term at the agency. I guess he was reassigned elsewhere after that jcontract. He wasn't really a DARPA employee; he was a security agent for a contractor company I can't recall. He wasn't an engineer but may have been the smartest of us all in many ways. He was certainly the toughest, but that isn't necessarily saying much around a crew of research engineers. I recall that he was the most "fun" to have drinks with after work because he could talk about most anything and had a sense of humor that, frankly, most of us geeks didn't. On the job, though, he was something of a no-nonsense guy.

DARPA is responsible for an enormous number of medical advances that wouldn't exist had it not been for that agency. I would still be there had I not been offered a university research position in my narrow field. It isn't a "bad" agency, it's a good one.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I have been informed that I was in error in my previous post. The security contractor's name at DARPA was not the same as I posted. The "Mr. O'Neal" (not Dr. O'Neal) is not the same as another member posted. I apologize for the error.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Post your name/address/phone number/email/ and occupation, or continue to waste everyone's time.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Do you mean Direct Mind Control?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by systems42
It isn't a "bad" agency, it's a good one.

It is probably neither, and it is what is done with its research and discovers that makes the difference, don't you think?

You can't deny the potential for horrible consequences. Even if I find what DARPA does quite fascinating.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The military had a helmet mounted head movement tracking targeting system for fighters similar to Wii-mote technology 40 years before the Wii-mote was released to the public as a toy.

The same individual I talked to who said he used the targeting tech mentioned above also believes AI is in play as well. His basis for it is because the subject was main-stream for years and then poof, nothing. It seems as if AI is no longer interesting. His take is that once you no longer hear about a subject, that means they have it mastered.

Anyway.

The previous poster who said that AI would likely be used as a global scenario predictor tool is likely right-on in my opinion. AI for drone auto-kill is obvious, but a global scenario and psy-op generator - yeah... THAT's the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Most likely that DARPA could be focusing on making advanced aircraft or spacecraft that has the capability to go in excess of Mach 10+. We may never know.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Programming you is probably more fun.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Programming you is probably more fun.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I aim this question at the kid from darpa.

How can we evade thermal sensors from drones and helicopters for personal survival and tactical ability.

Would there be simple methods or are we looking at advanced fabrications to achieve this for families and individual protection and not offensive protections?

The same way egyptians needed simple gas masks anyone in the world may need simple thermal evasion techniques. thank you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

They also want to develop robotic-based weapons

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hi, I'm a noob and can't post new threads, how come no-one is talking about the SPHINX program that darpa had a while back? Isn't that old tech?

It dealt with speech recognition or something like that, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
very interesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Darpa uses mind control via NS@.

I am a med student so no B.S. as I see evidence of it every day and the mind control subliminal suggestions that the freaking computer gives off several times a minute (sometimes) really piss me off. They have tried the 'go kill yourself' and 'do it, do it' thoughts which didnt work. Most of the time the computer repeats the same words over and over again like 1000 times a day, words such as 'fear' or short phrases such as 'going mental'. I only received this treatment after investigating the financial crisis and as a med student, I have seen many patients with similar symptoms who are not paranoid schizo - this technology is covered up and is used to drive them into the mental health care institutions. Look up silent sounds spread spectrum technology. It exists and is used against the populace in times of economic hardship (also instigated by the banksters) to maintain control. Its a sick system.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Look up the Information Awareness Office of DARPA, and their program titled, Total Information Awareness!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

TPTB want a AI controlled army and ya wanna know why. People will question orders computers will not. We are getting very close to the point in time a small group of people let's call them a corporate oligarchy could control a army of drones.

edit on 11-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join