It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome masons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I just wanted to post a message that welcomes masons to the forums; and I want all masons to know that I don't harbor any ill will towards them nor think they are evil or megalomaniacal...I have actually studied forms of Masonic teaching...but my studies have been just more general esoteric studies than purely Masonic; although my father is a Master of the Royal Secret; or 32nd degree in Scottish Rite Freemasonry.

I am considering posting a primer of the lodges; or the Scottish Rite hierarchy for those interested. Since the Masons are not truly a secret society; I feel such info should be available for those interested.

Feedback appreciated...

thanks,
David

[edit on 5-8-2005 by DS_Dave]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Why would you want to post things that the masons keep secret? Also, you do realize that they will probably not participate in the thread because of it correct?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
that might be interesting, please go ahead. And thanks for the welcome party

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
While what he is thinking of posting is not considered a masonic secret, several people, including myself, have posted the hirearchy of masonic bodies here MANY times. There are many threads regarding this topic, there's no need for anyone to start a new one.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
what I was considering posting was not just a hierarchy list but a primer of the lodges; degree by degree with their individual duties; lessons; and symbols.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DS_Dave
what I was considering posting was not just a hierarchy list but a primer of the lodges; degree by degree with their individual duties; lessons; and symbols.

No offense or anything, but I think you should leave that kind of stuff to be done by actual Freemasons. Not that I don't think you know anything about the fraternity, but it's difficult to understand the things you have just mentioned without actually being a member and having been through the degrees of masonry. There are many MASONS who aren't even qualified to teach people about those things.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I just wanted to post a message that welcomes masons to the forums;

I am considering posting a primer of the lodges; or the Scottish Rite hierarchy for those interested. Since the Masons are not truly a secret society; I feel such info should be available for those interested.

Odd that a member with just a couple posts under his belt feels a need to welcome those that have been here steadily contributing, even stranger that your third post occurs 18 months after you registered, and 11 months after your first post. I would suggest utilizing the ATS Search Function, a wonderful tool that will provide the depth and breadth by which your proposed subject has been covered here... By conspirists and Freemasons alike.

A primer on the Degrees of Freemasonry, Lodges and the various bodies which encompass the Masonic family by the profane is akin to describing a color to a person who has never had sight... It tastes like chicken.

Opinion Monkeys, not just because everyone has one anymore...

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Actually, I too would like to welcome all masons to this forum. And Seb, you just never know who is and is not, who was and was not, a Mason

The more, the merrier I say. People should know, or have a very good idea as to what they are getting into, whether its a group of Republicans, Democrats, Patriots, or the loyal and faithful, hoodwinking, "Knights of the Mystic Sea"

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As a Freemason I am able to discuss the moral teachings of Freemasonry and the history of Freemasonry. No Freemason can discuss the ways by which a Freemason knows another one. These are known as the signs and tokens of Freemasonry and are private. They are based on tradition. As Freemasons we took oaths to keep these things private. I can tell you that there is nothing sinister in them. When you become a Freemason you understand how important they are to your education .

In many ways our society has taken a view that every item of knowledge must be open to all who seek it. Freemasonry shows that people have the right to privacy. This knowledge is open to all men who believe in a 'Master Builder' whom we call God and is known as Hashem, Allah and the Most High.
Freemasons are part of a fine tradition of men who fear God and have a duty to help all men and Women who ask for it.

Gerard

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Mirthful Me, heheheh. I love your posts. I'll try to keep my Opinion Monkey to myself. LOL

As far as welcoming Masons to this forum, Thank You DS_Dave. I enjoy lurking and posting here. Although it can get somewhat hostile and tedious sometimes with all of the wild conjectures and wishful thinking concerning the subject of Masons.

As far as my Masonic education has been given to me, I am told repeatedly that in general, if it is in print then people can read it. I can also discuss what I'm taught, with the exception of the things Gerard mentioned, which I am not at liberty to share. I share his opinion that there is nothing sinster in this particular.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm offended at those of you who infer that because I'm not a Mason I have no knowledge or wisdom that a Mason would have; or trying to denounce me before I speak; just because I have primarily lurked on this board (and not this sub-forum specificially; hence my welcome post; I was just trying to state I don't have anything against Masons. Many members here blatantly do.)

However; As God has created me with free will; just the same I am able to achieve the Royal secret. I need not join a lodge. Melchezidek (or Tahuti; or Elijah; or Thoth; or Enoch) provided the paths necessary to achieve it through Yeshua and one doesn't have to be a Mason to do so.

If someone would be interested in my primer then P2P me and we can work something out.

[edit on 12-8-2005 by DS_Dave]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

However; As God has created me with free will; just the same I am able to achieve the Royal secret. I need not join a lodge. Melchezidek (or Tahuti; or Elijah; or Thoth; or Enoch) provided the paths necessary to achieve it through Yeshua and one doesn't have to be a Mason to do so.

What's your point? No one is arguint that the knowledge isn't out there to be had; It's the Masons' method that make it special.

And BTW, you're not saying that all those are names of the same entity, are you?

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Enlighten and pontificate to your hearts content... As a non-Mason. Freemasonry does not claim exclusive right to the paths of higher understanding, however, Freemasonry does claim it's own "brand" of teachings is unique, and can only be gained and understood through receiving the Degrees. I believe the exception taken was that you, a non-Mason, would impart some basic (that’s what a primer is after all, isn’t it) knowledge where the well informed Brethren here have failed to do so. I personally felt your approach was flawed, and upon review of the thread you started here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see your understanding of the structure of Freemasonry is fundamentally flawed. Perhaps a remedial course is in order… Class is now in session.

Feel free to post any question you like (only modes of recognition are off limits), we’ll be glad to answer them.

Class Clown Monkeys, not just for detention anymore…

[edit on 12/8/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
That link to the thread you make claims about linked me to Microsoft...but (now I copied and pasted it) was linked to "Masons and the NWO: The Darker Soul"...I did NOT write that post; or reply in it. The author of that post is "Dave Ravin" and my username is "DS_Dave".

I know plenty about the structure of Scottish Rite Freemasonry. I just wasn't aware there were resident Masons that lurked 24/7 on the board to claim their "Official Masonic" position on something..

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I know plenty about the structure of Scottish Rite Freemasonry. I just wasn't aware there were resident Masons that lurked 24/7 on the board to claim their "Official Masonic" position on something..

The Simian Overlord doesn't allow the Reptilians to sleep...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

The Simian Overlord doesn't allow the Reptilians to sleep...

Not a David Icke fan; sorry. That reptillian agenda bs is just that; BS!

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

That link to the thread you make claims about linked me to Microsoft.

An NWO thread that links to Microsoft... Now there's a conspiracy.

Fixed none the less, ole Bill can't hold the whole world under his thumb all of the time.

You know "plenty?"

Sure you do, just like who are the "high ranking" Masons, and where do they "lurk?" And what's their official position on all things Masonic?

Good And Plenty Monkeys, not just for the pink ones anymore...

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That link to the thread you make claims about linked me to Microsoft.

Mirthful Me would NEVER try to link you ot Microsoft.

Sounds like you're getting a bit on edge there Davie... There ARE NOT Masons claiming "Official Masonic position" but there ARE Masons on board with MANY years experience in Masonry. Want to talk about knowing plenty about the Scottish Rite? I'll be glad to talk about it. I know plenty myself (if you DO know about SR my signature line alone should suffice to explain to you)

I tend to agree with Mirth here. It's really generous of you to jump in and welcome those of us who've been here for quite a while and have discussed this matter MANY times.

But enough small talk...please DO give us this primer of which you speak. I await with fish-bated breath.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its ironic I get bashed for trying to express respect; simply because I didn't know there is a lot of established ATS masons.

I meant no disrespect yet quite a few of you acted as if I personally insulted you.

posted on Aug, 12 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That link to the thread you make claims about linked me to Microsoft...but (now I copied and pasted it) was linked to "Masons and the NWO: The Darker Soul"...I did NOT write that post; or reply in it. The author of that post is "Dave Ravin" and my username is "DS_Dave".

I see in attributing ineptness I got tangled in my own. No matter.

Be it Bill Gates, or "Dave's a Plenty," the crux of the matter (which previously didn't) is that you are able to impart some insight to the mysteries of Freemasonry... That we somehow are not...

No More Dave’s Monkeys, not just for Nerdling anymore…

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join