It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwinist ape-man vs. extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
There is a large industry in this world whose only existence is to find and prove that mankind is directly linked to the apes.

Apes spend much of their existence foraging for fleas and other insects on each others furry bodies. They eat their own excrement for entertainment. And as much as some humans would like to believe----that apes have intelligent potential, the fact is apes are pure animal like all the other animals on this planet.

Why do so-called intelligent evolutionist and other scientist desperately need to degenerate the human race to nothing more than hairless ape status?

How can such a people ever believe themselves capable or worthy of penetrating the infinite wonders of space?

We have individuals who deem themselves "intellectual-geniuses" and at the same time they easily discount any possibly of traveling between the stars. They see such ideas as fantasy, wishful thinking, and lunacy.

Yet these geniuses believe that they are educated apes, sprung from primordial slime unique to a universe filled with trillions of stars, many bursting with planets. That’s a lot of unused matter in the universe, if that were true.

What a waste of space--------between their ears.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I have read a lot on what or where we came from both on the science side and the Christain side. I am however a Christain man.

And I do think that God did make us as he for sees.

BUT

There is this other part of me that says what if God did make us and the other life forms out there. We are just made in the image that God wanted for this planet.

The other life forms that are out there are the ones that God made for us to find and for them to find us. ( Which I think they already have personally)

Its hard to think that we came from apes.

I myself think that the day will come when "we" find out that we aren't the only ones in this universe and when that does happen I hope people will have a better grib on reality that we can't be the only ones out there floating among stars.

You know the interesting thing about this is that I asked my mom and dad this question on evolution/god and you know what there reply was.
(I will let you know that they are well into their retirement 60+ and have been the church goes since they were kids. )

answer: Why couldn't go make more than just humans. After all its God.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OK, so, let me get this straight. You think that it's weird that people who use scientific proof to say we evolved from apes use scientific proof to say interstellar travel isn't possible?

What's your point? They're being consistant, that's all.

Also, these people are usually the first ones to admit that life probably existed/exists elsewhere in the universe. It's the ones who say we didn't evolve and were created by God who think that we're alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
sleeper says:

There is a large industry in this world whose only existence is to find and prove that mankind is directly linked to the apes.

I'm not aware of any such industry, unless you consider scientists who discount myth in favor orf evidence as such.

Apes spend much of their existence foraging for fleas and other insects on each others furry bodies. They eat their own excrement for entertainment.

I think you have apes confused with monkeys, especially when you consider the excrement business. I'm not aware of any studies documenting apes eating their own excrement. Would you carte to share your sources with us?

And as much as some humans would like to believe----that apes have intelligent potential, the fact is apes are pure animal like all the other animals on this planet.

Well, they're certainly not plants, but we aren't either. My assumption is that we're both animals. If what you're trying to say is that humans have a soul and apes (or dogs or whatever) do not, perhaps you could share with us the source of that belief as well.

Why do so-called intelligent evolutionist and other scientist desperately need to degenerate [sic] the human race to nothing more than hairless ape status?

I don't see it as a "denigration", and all the evidence I'm familiar with leads me to believe that homo sapiens' ancestors and pongids split off from a common ancestor somewhere about 6 - 10 million years ago. That's hardly controversial, you know.

How can such a people ever believe themselves capable or worthy of penetrating the infinite wonders of space?

Since "worthy" is, in this context, a semantically-null word, I will answer the other question. We consider ourselves capable of doing these things because we are capable of doing so.

We have individuals who deem themselves "intellectual-geniuses" and at the same time they easily discount any possibly of traveling between the stars. They see such ideas as fantasy, wishful thinking, and lunacy.

I don't know who these people are you're mentioning, but they're certainly not the bulk of scientists or engineers with whom I'm familiar. Indeed, I believe that we are capable of travelling between the stars, although such a trip would take a long time and involve some pretty challenging engineering and logistical considerations.

You know, sleeper, you seem to be tremendously upset about something which I can't seem to fathom. What is it about science (or whatever else it may be) that angers you so much?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Why do so-called intelligent evolutionist and other scientist desperately need to degenerate the human race to nothing more than hairless ape status?

Why do so-called anti-evolutionists always try to say evolutionists claim we evolved from apes? NOBODY says that! The evidence-backed belief is that we descended from a COMMON ANCESTOR....not modern apes!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here's the $50 question:

How many threads can Sleeper and Estoric Teacher come up with that try and find fault with modern day scientist?

Sorry, but we can't answer that now because I'm sure this isn't going to be the last.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sleeper as Gazrok said it was a common ancestor. I took a human orgins class last semester it was really great. The fact is Sleeper that the fossil record proves evolution from a ape like ancestor. To look at the evidence and they try and dicredit it is lunacy in my opinion. There will be a show on the history channel from ape to man this Sunday maybe you should check it out.

As far as Aliens I am sure there are many scientists who study evolution and also believe we are possibly being visited by another species now. I am not sure where you are going with that.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Evolutionists are consistently wrong yet universities and all the public schools teach evolution as an absolute truth.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sure they're still just animals, but their intellect is far beyond any other animal. Just because you use two examples of "Dumb" things they do doesn't mean they're incapable of any higher level of intellegence.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Distortion]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Er? Science is not an industry. No one gives a damn if man is descended from apes, it just happened to work out that way.

So your problem isn't with anything like the evidence, but rather you are personally offended at being descended from an ape.

Evolutionists are consistently wrong yet universities and all the public schools teach evolution as an absolute truth.

So, in an opening thread you say that science is wrong, but offer no evidence and don't even seem to really discuss the alien angle. Then, a number of people start discussing the topic. You ignore all that, and then basically repeat yourself and still don't bother to offer any evidence or even a rationale to support your idea, other than that you 'ain't no monkey' and that you are apparently jealous of scientists or something.
What gives?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   

How are they consistently wrong, exactly? You yourself have not displayed knowledge in regards to detracting evolution bar your emotive filled attacks.

I would suggest you educate yourself in regards, firstly.

Luxifero

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Actually, my dogs LOVE alchohol, hehe....

Nope, it is taught as the THEORY of Evolution....and any general science class teaches the difference between a hypothesis, theory, and proven fact or law... Whether or not students pay attention to that, is another matter.....

The funny thing is, if one wished to believe in Creationism AND Evolution, there are a variety of ways to show the two are not mutually exclusive. Personally, I'm of the belief that Creationism is a crock, but that's just an opinion... My point is that accepting the evidence for Evolution doesn't necessarily negate Creationism. One could easily accept that a Creator created basic lifeforms that then, over the eons, they evolved to adapt to a changing environment....

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street

Well, they're certainly not plants, but we aren't either.

According to Darwinism plant and animal life came from the same primordial soup and then split off in their own direction, so humans are not only apes they are vegetables too.

If what you're trying to say is that humans have a soul and apes (or dogs or whatever) do not, perhaps you could share with us the source of that belief as well.

Humans have a soul, an essence----not of the religion variety, but something much more complex. Like evolution since the human essence can’t be proven I’ll call it theoretical (“scientific community” speak).

I don't know who these people are you're mentioning, but they're certainly not the bulk of scientists or engineers with whom I'm familiar.

Those whom I speak of are those that have made their “higher intellect” be known on some of my threads, using their credentials in the scientific community to bolster there argument that I speak with foolish tongue when I claim ETs are here on earth.

You know, sleeper, you seem to be tremendously upset about something which I can't seem to fathom. What is it about science (or whatever else it may be) that angers you so much?

I’m not angry, I’ m only mad, like the mad-scientist.

In reality I have a deep respect for scientist of every stripe----my comments are for those that venture to this board for a few laughs-----no one laughs at me! Except my ET buddies, but they only laugh at me because I’m human and humans think they are apes.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Also, these people are usually the first ones to admit that life probably existed/exists elsewhere in the universe. It's the ones who say we didn't evolve and were created by God who think that we're alone in the universe

Most all the Christians i know, including myself, are major believers in ET's... They even beleive in the Abduction issues, like myself. A matter of fact i am yet to meet one that thinks we are alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

You are a high school drop-out? The point of science is that it never teaches scientific "truth", only consensus. The only people who try for absolute truth are religious fanatics.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Why do so-called anti-evolutionists always try to say evolutionists claim we evolved from apes? NOBODY says that! The evidence-backed belief is that we descended from a COMMON ANCESTOR....not modern apes!

Well put... there being a whole host of upright intelligent apes we may or may not be descended from. Who knows, maybe we have been experimented on along the way. Are we not now manipulating things ourselves?

May I add it is documented that the russians, Americans & Chinese looked at the similarity between chimps & mankind and a hybrid was the result proving we are related, share a common ancestor, and adam & eve as we understand it in the bible is flawed. Religion needs to evolve, as does anything if it wants to survive.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad Man Lotar

You are a high school drop-out? The point of science is that it never teaches scientific "truth", only consensus. The only people who try for absolute truth are religious fanatics.

Are you saying that much of the scientific community doesn’t believe in evolution?

To say you don't believe in evolution is tantamount to declaring that you are a religious fanatic, a UFO nut, or lacking an education.

One would be better off listing UFO nut on their resume that to tell their academic employer they don't believe in evolution.

The ape man connection is way past theory----as demonstrated by posters on this thread, other threads, scientific journals, Hollywood and the media----most people believe in evolution without hesitation, some are willing to believe as theory "intelligent design" or alien mingling with our DNA----same thing. Other have "faith" that there is a god.

In the minds of most Darwinism is it, we are unique----end of story.

Apparently another trait of ape progeny is the gullibility factor. If ufology and for that matter religion was treated by academia with the same intensity as evolution they too would be deemed acceptable by the scientific community.

Before Darwin religion was king of the hill. Eventually both of those illusions will take a back seat to the reality of extraterrestrials life far superior to what’s here on earth----but galactic first-graders (humanity) have a ways to go before they graduate galactic high school.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Aliens and UFO's
Aliens and UFO's
Aliens and UFO's

The topic has been on edge with Aliens and the Evolution debate, let's keep it to one side, mmkay?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

using their credentials in the scientific community to bolster there argument that I speak with foolish tongue when I claim ETs are here on earth.

Who said that you are wrong because they have a degree??? I very much doubt that this happened. From the way this thread is going, I'd think that they said that you were wrong because you couldn't demonstrate and of what you were talking about.

In reality I have a deep respect for scientist of every stripe----my comments are for those that venture to this board for a few laughs-----no one laughs at me! Except my ET buddies,
Ha ha ha!

Oh crap wait.

but they only laugh at me because I’m human and humans think they are apes.

Uhmmmm, so where is that evidence that supports any of what you are claiming???

thepostman

May I add it is documented that the russians, Americans & Chinese looked at the similarity between chimps & mankind and a hybrid was the result

? This never happened.

Eventually both of those illusions will take a back seat to the reality of extraterrestrials life far superior to what’s here on earth-

Again, where is the evidence that evolution is wrong or that aliens exist?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
How far governments went with Chimeric research is debatable. Many scientists accept that we are so alike a double helix could form and a hybrid or humanzee could result. In the order of apes a chimp genetically is nearer to us and yet it can be hybridised with a gorilla.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join