It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

heres a question none of can solve.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Toussaint
and if u belive God made the earth over bilions of years u r wrong cause it clearly says in the Bible it took 7 days to make the universe not 4.9 billion years. this is not a vague part in the Bible this is very clear.

Just out of curiousity, not to be flaming or trying to start the normal heated debate that follows these kinds of threads, but why do you personally put more faith in the Bible? What caused you to turn towards that for answers instead of a science text, or perhaps a different religion?

Also, it might be wise to refrain from saying straight-up "u r wrong" and then backing it up from the straight Biblical text. I'm not saying you can't state your opinion, but there's a lot of people here who might take offense at such a blatant disregard for their beliefs. There's also a lot of people who don't believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally as well, and you'd probably make your point a little easier--or at least with out members arguing too harshly--without going straight for the jugular like that. Just a suggestion.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
first the Isotope dating metods are based on an assumption, and really develope flaws after 5000 years, or being exposed to moderan air, and enviorments.

second, if God can create the heavens, the earth, all the animals, sun, moon, night day, man and woman. with a mere thoguht it is very well possible that God is able to create a mature universe that has the apperance of being billions of years old. That would also include all the fossil in the earth that would make man realize there could have been bigger monsters roaming the eartht hat could have gobbled them up

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   

but wen he made it he made mature. he made the earth with all the fossils and geologic records.

THATS your theory?!

Wow.. you said you were going to go have something to eat- I was expecting some marvel of science but all you can come up with "God put them there."? Yeah.. in primary school I was told 'god put dino bones in the earth'.. so I guess that means god lied.
Please do not pretend that you are going to put forward scientific theories when you are not.. I cannot get back those minutes I wasted replying asking you to make your point.. now I am just disapointed.

"God dunnit" :shk:

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   
ur athiest and ur point of view is that there is only science to explain the universe. but what about other things that cannot be explained by science. thousands of ppl all around the world have seen ghost, aliens, and etc. there was even a case where a man, woman 8 months pregnant, and the mother in law woke up in the middle of the nite and claimed they saw a demon in the house they called the cops. nothing was found in the house but they put 4 police out side to watch the house. the woman woke up the next morning with her baby gone right out of the womb she was not bleeding and no one could have gotten in the house. this is im possible but it is a true story. she went to the obgyn and they said it was almost like she was never pregnant. this is a true story. how do u explain the cow mutalations where we cannot reproduce the results. how do u explain wen they do test in hospitals with ppl who r prayed for and ppl who arent prayed for. the ones who r prayed for have a much hif=gher percent rate of getting well. science does not expalin everything.

and tell me one thing how do u explain the big bang. one explosion of a couple paticles does not create an entire universe with life. and how did those particles get there in the first place. and u call my theory crazy. and yes i know the same could be said of mine.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There was a world (age=aion) before this one and there will be on after this one as well.

The earth was repaired for this one, but will be restored to the perfection of the one before at the close of this one.

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

ur athiest and ur point of view is that there is only science to explain the universe. but what about other things that cannot be explained by science. thousands of ppl all around the world have seen ghost, aliens, and etc.

I've seen ghosts myself.. but not aliens. Ghosts are keeping with the fact that 'energy cannot die it only transforms' and aliens.. if they exist it only proves that earth is not special, evolution happens everywhere and that they are much more advanced than we are. They do not prove god.

there was even a case where a man, woman 8 months pregnant, and the mother in law woke up in the middle of the nite and claimed they saw a demon in the house they called the cops. nothing was found in the house but they put 4 police out side to watch the house. the woman woke up the next morning with her baby gone right out of the womb she was not bleeding and no one could have gotten in the house. this is im possible but it is a true story. she went to the obgyn and they said it was almost like she was never pregnant. this is a true story.

Where is the proof? It sounds like a fairytale.. telling me it's true only proves your willingness to believe it.
As for the other stuff.. you should go to the outer space forum if you want to learn more about the universe and the big bang or just google it.. you clealy do not understand it. You are the one that presumed to 'know the questions none can answer'.. you didn't come up with the goods so I see no reason to write you a 1000 word essay when you can't even understand the basics of geology. Prayers work more than medicine? Give me OBJECTIVE proof of this studies you mentioned.. and prove that it's different than someone being cured with other placibos like sugar pills, or different from hands on healing from non christian cultures.

[edit on 6-8-2005 by riley]

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

look at this question from a creationists view of the earth. the earth is about 6000 years old so how could there be a fossils dating back millions of years and rock layers billions of years. and i want to see if anyone can guess how many ppl actually saw dinosaurs. try to solve this using the: apeearance of old age theory

i want to see u guys answer that question with the CORRECT answer.

"The rate of decay of 14C is such that half of an amount will convert back to 14N in 5,730 years (plus or minus 40 years). This is the ‘half-life.’ So, in two half-lives, or 11,460 years, only one-quarter will be left. Thus, if the amount of 14C relative to 12C in a sample is one-quarter of that in living organisms at present, then it has a theoretical age of 11,460 years. Anything over about 50,000 years old, should theoretically have no detectable 14C left. That is why radiocarbon dating cannot give millions of years. In fact, if a sample contains 14C, it is good evidence that it is not millions of years old."

Carbon-14 Dating of dinosaurs is theoretically proven to be impossible.

As for "CORRECT" answer.

My response is this:

Therefore, I summerize with complete confidence, that the jury is still out.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Oh, Joy...
Another Science vs Creation discussion

There are many problems with Science, The main one is that Science is extreamly slow to reognise anything that proves established concepts and theories to be wrong.

I once concidered the idea that G-d placed certain things around the world for us to find, muse over and play with. Things like the Pyramids (Er.. - too far off topic).

My theory is that Yes, G-d did create the world in 7 days.
I have no problem with that. (I do agree with Hovine's hypothisis, and postulations)

I'll be the first to admit I don't know how long G-d's day is - Some maintain it is 1,000 years while others say much longer (Perhaps 100 billion) - Although most Christians find the 1,000 year mark more palateable.
Regardless of that tangent Evolution is wrong. (too far off topic for this thread).

However, I do question if The Adam created on the 6th day as mentioned in Genisis. Is the same Entity mentioned as the father of Cane, Able, and Seth. Because when G-d created Adam he was sent forth to Replenish the Earth. That implies that there was once something there or else he would have been sent forth to fill the earth. Replenish the Earth was mentioned twice in Genisis - indicating that there were at least two other populations on Earth prior to Our Adam.

Regarding the Carbon dating - I am in complete disagreement with science about it's acuracy. Seems that someone took half of a body (I think it was a Bison) and had it dated in one lab, and the other half dated in another lab - the dates were like 50,000 years apart.

It also seems to me that there was someone who said that the radio activity entered the earth at a given rate, but according to the accepted rate the earth would be full within 25.000 years - thus further voiding it's merit.

Something to concider:
Life Cycle - and the food chain.
With this idea everything on Earth is the same age. The rock outside is the same age as the egg you had for breakfast.

When you eat the egg, it goes into your body and makes Cells that eventually flake off and fall to the ground where they are consumed by bugs, or become fertilizer for plants. It is the Life Cycle.

A Rock is formed under pressure, it then decays as wind and water erode it - it becomes dirt, and is eventually reformed into a rock. During the interum minerals contained within it are distributed to plants and onto animals when they eat plants.

Thus everything is the same age.

In Job there are referances to a Dino, The Behimoth, and the Levithon would both fit the description of a Dino, currious - one does fit the description of a Fire Breathing Dragon.

With this in mind - Man did Co-exist with the Dino - There were human foot prints found with Dino foot prints in Texas a few years ago. - A scientist on the sceen refused to look at them because they would prove he was wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

(look at this question from a creationists view of the earth. the earth is about 6000 years old so how could there be a fossils dating back millions of years and rock layers billions of years. and i want to see if anyone can guess how many ppl actually saw dinosaurs. try to solve this using the: apeearance of old age theory)

Carbin Dating 14 is what dates fossils. CD14 has now beeen proven to be wrong over years. The older the fossil it would be harder to age the fossil. check web searchs on CD14. What i say is not wrong. PLus the Bible does talk about great beast in the air and leveithains in the old testiment. Sorry about the spelling.

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I peronally trust in the Bible more than science becauce of things that happen in my life. I have had what most would say is a hard way of life. Just because you cant see it, does not me it is not there. I have read how science says life began on earth, and how evolution continues species on earth. The science is very plausable. But life is not a accident. LIfe after death its a gamable. Which way do you want to go?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
To me, the scientific world is spending too much time trying to figure out things that were never intended to be figured out. The odds that they are right with their theory of how a bunch of scientific accidents resulted in life forming are astronomical. Using their odds you could safely say that we are alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dancer
To me, the scientific world is spending too much time trying to figure out things that were never intended to be figured out.

My sentiments exactly!

Using their odds you could safely say that we are alone in the universe.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
To answer the original question, my opinion is this after a few years of research of ancient writings and peoples.

I do believe we were in fact created, but not the literal way as described in the christian bible. I think each day of the week symolizes a stage of creation, and after some time, folks just thought He created everything in a week.

I don't think we have been here only 6000 years. I think the flood happened aprox 6000 years ago and this is why some think that.

I think man has been here longer than 6000 years and have gone through cycles, or ages where man was mostly destroyed and then allowed to start again. I also think this will happen again soon with fire. After which, man will begin his 4th cycle or age

I think man did see dino's during the first cycle of man, but they were mostly wiped out during the transition from the first to the second cycle.

I think that even if I am wrong, it is not important. It is what we do today and tomorrow.

More folks would believe in creation if folks thought symbolically.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by godservant]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
godservant

Interesting uptake on things...
Can't say I disagree with you either could fit in with the Aztec Calander idea.

------
queenannie38

Surely--we have met somewhere before--but where?...

hmmm....

Er... maybe you should U2U me about that...

[edit on 8/8/2005 by dancer]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Actually, I just did!

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Answer to the first question
Carbin Dating 14 is what dates fossils. CD14 has now beeen proven to be wrong over years. The older the fossil it would be harder to age the fossil. check web searchs on CD14. What i say is not wrong. PLus the Bible does talk about great beast in the air and leveithains in the old testiment. Sorry about the spelling.

(dancer is right too)

quote: Originally posted by dancer
To me, the scientific world is spending too much time trying to figure out things that were never intended to be figured out.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Geeeeze thanks for all the kind words...

It is good to see that through out all the diversity found here that a few of us can agree on a few things. - at least some of the time.

---
queenannie38
Some postulations have been sent. Took longer than expected.

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

and tell me one thing how do u explain the big bang. one explosion of a couple paticles does not create an entire universe with life. and how did those particles get there in the first place. and u call my theory crazy. and yes i know the same could be said of mine.

no offence mate but PLEASE! :bash: do your BACKGROUND reading!

e=mc2

einsteins famous equation. bascily, it means energy=mass times light (squared) which means that energy is the same as mass (forget light for a min) therefore, mass can be converted into energy, and vias versa.

this equation is the backbone of modern nuclear physics. IT HAS BEEN PROVEN at the cost of 120,000 japanese lives as the first and second atomic bombs were dropped on hiroshima and nagasaki. [6th+9th of august]

please do not turn around and tell me that this does not applie to creatation. the equation is the equation of destruction as well as the equation of creation. the energy (in my belifs, god) can be converted into mass and light. ie. the universe.

links/futher reading
www.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

a breif history of time, from the big bang to black holes-professer stephen hawking

big bang-simon singh

almost everyones guide to sceince - john gribbin

iam sorry you recived the brunt of this, but it annoys me when people say things like that, when its one of the things scenice is most concerned with. (if anyone has any problems, u2u me)

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I do think there is a relavency to it. Figure G-d drew the blueprint and Einstine saw a relationship that explained it.

Energy is a wave lenght and matter is made up of particles of energy - Yes, never disagreed with Einstine.

I disagree with wikipedia.org, Not necessarly regarding this but it is almost impossible to correct anything they propogate, as (some of) their editors are determined to continue disemenating faulty information dispite information contrary to "their own Agends" (ref. moderators agendas). I do give them credit for their efforts, as on a whole it is an admirable effort.

The following is not open for discussion, It is mentioned for concideration - so take it or leave it. - I will not discuss it beyond this. If you think this is the disertation of a quack - fine.

Regarding Hawkins I haven't read his book in years - the man is briliant - there is no question about that. I belive he is very close to being correct. For what ever it is worth his theory is backwards - The Big-Bang theory is wrong, I do not say this from a creationist standpoint as the Creationists c/would point out that G-d origionated the bang. Very Very long story Before you ask, I don't know if I still have my notes or not - don't recall seeing them in the past few years.

I don't think I would post them if I had them - In part because of this sites EULA, besides - people could get some rather funky ideas and realy hurt themselves. - that is in part why I won't elaborate too much on it.

About as close as anyone has gotten on this board is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Vesuvius 13
BTW, about the black holes, in a nutshell i think black holes might be sort of like the universes recycling bins!!!

[edit on 8/9/2005 by dancer]

posted on Aug, 13 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
sure matter can turn ionto energy and vice verfsa but u cant turn nuthing into nuthing cause there was no energy u idiot

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join