It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Today: in Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There is Something Wrong with the World Today...

August 3, 2005 | More than a thousand women and children line up to receive food aid in the village of Yama, northwestern Niger. Emergency supplies for the 2.5 million people in drought-stricken Niger reached some of their first beneficiaries Wednesday.
(Photo: Reuters)

August 3, 2005 | Joshua Williams (facing camera), who lost his brother marine Cpl. Andre L. Williams, 23, in western Iraq, is hugged by a family friend at the Port Columbus Air Cargo Facility in Ohio.
(Photo: AP)

August 3, 2005 | Relatives comfort the mother of six-year old Yasser Adnan al-Ashkar, who was killed after a rocket fired by militants towards Israel backfired and landed on a house in Beit Hanun.
(Photo: AFP)

Such a Great World we Live in, Yet it Could be WHOLE Lot Better - not just for You and Me that have the Priviledge of "Reading" this Post - but for EVERYONE, Especially the People on these Pictures.

But These Pictures are the Images of the World Today: Despair, Destruction and Death.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Yes these stories are all very saddening, but I believe tragedies like these have always happened at the same frequency as today...its just that we have TV and cameras now, so the whole world can witness the events.

Imagine if TV was around during Viking or Roman times for instance....we'd see armies of men slaughtering innocents on our screens...just as tragic as modern times really.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Good point Jimi. I completely agree with you. Look at the media today...If there is a story nice and warm make you feel good it will be pushed aside for the horror and violence because that is what gets ratings. Read the book "Bad News" by Tom Fenton it greatly explains how the media does not do their job. If you base your whole world opinion off of the news then of course everything seems in disarray.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
Good point Jimi. I completely agree with you. Look at the media today...If there is a story nice and warm make you feel good it will be pushed aside for the horror and violence because that is what gets ratings. Read the book "Bad News" by Tom Felton it greatly explains how the media does not do their job. If you base your whole world opinion off of the news then of course everything seems in disarray.

Maybe if US stops invading countries and killing hundreds of thousands of innocents as it militarizes itself back home without any real threat there would be less disarray?
Maybe when Israel stops ignoring international law and stops committing genocide of Palestinians there would be less disarray?
Maybe when Israel stops being a hypocrite and relinquish its own nuclear arasenal instead of attacking anyone it even suspects of having what it already has the world would be less hypocritical?
Maybe when multinational corporations stop eating up every last resource of the world while polluting it and exploiting/robbing poorer nations it would be easier to breathe and the distribution of wealth wouldn't be so lopsided?
Maybe when the western world's intelligence services (CIA, Mossad) stop overthrowing democratically elected leaders of other nations by sponsoring coops against those which out government doesn't like, stop committing false-flag terror operations and blaming it on whomever they want and expect the world to buy it (Muslims, Arabs, Palestinians) while the powerful nations only benefit from such supposed "terrororist attacks" which only justify the militarization of the nations, increasing power of the governments over the people, and illegal wars of plunder against innocent populations...

Given that the Zionist-controlled media already hides all these things from the population and only reveals the uncorroborated lies that their government sources tell them to reveal, I'm not sure why anyone expects any "reality" from the media anymore. Too "negative"? The world is MUCH more negative than the media is allowed to portray. But when you live in a sheltered society that lives in a self-propogated illusion of itself and the world at large, the media's responsibility becomes to maintain that social illusion, maintain the lies that our population already is willing to swallow and readily believe.

But I gotta admit the media does love drama! They take anything and turn it into the end of the world with accomodating music, special effects, and well-trained actors to "speak the 'news' ".

[edit on 5-8-2005 by lilblam]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Maybe if US stops invading countries and killing hundreds of thousands of innocents as it militarizes itself back home without any real threat there would be less disarray?...

...But when you live in a sheltered society that lives in a self-propogated illusion of itself and the world at large, the media's responsibility becomes to maintain that social illusion, maintain the lies that our population already is willing to swallow and readily believe....

[edit on 5-8-2005 by lilblam]

LOL!!!

Do you write comedy professionally? That was good!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
good points on all sides...

yes, these things have always happened...
but should they?

isn't this what evolution and progress are supposed to change? (for the better)

I have always admired Souljahs compassion and idealism... he says the truth, that is often hard to bare. His concepts are not for this world of the now, but for the hopes of the future...

If things get better and the war eventually ends, it will be ideals like souljahs that will prevent other wars, and ills of the world...

Souljah... preserve your idealism... if you feel that reality of "now" gets to much to bear, then take a break... because (I hope) your ideals are the reality of the future...

THESE IDEALS are the product they have been selling to us since the 50's, so maybe it is finally time for the delivery...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
LOL!!!

What lilblam wrote would be funny if it wasn't true. Too bad you can't see it.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

LOL!!!

Did you hear the WHOOSH as my post went over your head?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Apparently we see different things in those pictures.

More than a thousand women and children line up to receive food aid in the village of Yama, northwestern Niger. Emergency supplies for the 2.5 million people in drought-stricken Niger reached some of their first beneficiaries Wednesday.

2.5 Million people in drought and desitution are getting supplies.

Joshua Williams (facing camera), who lost his brother marine Cpl. Andre L. Williams, 23, in western Iraq, is hugged by a family friend at the Port Columbus Air Cargo Facility in Ohio.

A man facing hardship is comforted by a close friend.

Relatives comfort the mother of six-year old Yasser Adnan al-Ashkar, who was killed after a rocket fired by militants towards Israel backfired and landed on a house in Beit Hanun.

A distraught woman receives comfort from her family.

These pictures show not only the hardships we endure and survive, but all the good that human beings are capable of.

There are pictures like this in our world too, but you don't see those on the news.

[edit on 8/5/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Excellant response Amorymeltzer and nice link. There is always good with bad and vise versa. It would be a wonderful world if we could eliminate the bad but it has been with mankind since it began and does not appear to be going away anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Apparently we see different things in those pictures.

These pictures show not only the hardships we endure and survive, but all the good that human beings are capable of.

Shows you what happens when you're not blinded by an agenda, tortured by an inability to see the truth, and seeking comfort in a shroud of hate.

One must plumb the depths on inhumanity to see that the forest has no trees...

Bright Side Monkeys, not just for looking anymore...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well I must Say I am Surprised by the Response to these Pictures:

Thanks to Everybody that Chipped in this little Post of mine.

I am Happy that some people always look at the Glass as "Half Full" and not "Half Empty" - but Considering that COULD be done to Prevent this kind of Pictures, I see the Glass HALF EMPTY.

LazarusTheLong - Thank You for You Words of Sympathy and Understanding. I belive you are one of Few People that does that on this Board, or they do Sympathize but don't Share that with the Rest. I will Preserve my Ideals and I Hope in the Future Mankind WILL Live According to them. There is Always Hope....

Amorymeltzer - Apparently these 3 Picture could be prevented at all, with some Effort We COULD Feed all the Hungry people in Africa and we COULD stop the years of Bloodshed between Isreali and Palestinian People and we COULD prevent American Mothers, Fathers and Brothers not to Cry an need Comfort of a Friend. These Pictures show the Harsh Reality of the World Today and HOW the REAL People have to Deal with it! Not the Presidents, Generals and False Rulers - but the Burden has and always will be on the "Small People" - they ALWAYS Pay the PRICE and they pay with their Lives or their Sacrifices. The Truth is that MANY MORE People will Starve in Africa, even if they will get these so much needed Supplies (and they are NOT Getting Enough at all), and that MANY MORE American Mothers will Scream and Cry when the Letter from DoD comes or when the Phone Rings, and that MANY MORE Palestinian and Israeli Children will Loose their Lives. And that's NEWS from our World - all the Time. Nothing Ever Changes....

Mirthful Me - You don't like me, huh? I don't see you Appaearing on Threads made by our dear member skippytjc and telling him how he is "blinded by his own agenda"? Why is that? Could it be that YOU HAVE YOUR OWN AGENDA TOO?

[edit on 5/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

LOL!!!

Did you hear the WHOOSH as my post went over your head?

I apologize. I missunderstood what you were trying to say.

new topics

top topics

join