It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA-Trained Iraqi Death Squads Interrogated U.S. Detainees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Aug 4 - A group of Iraqi paramilitaries trained by the Central Intelligence Agency to aid US-led invasion forces in 2003 later acted as secret interrogators in US-run prisons set up after the fall of Baghdad, the Washington Post reports

Dubbed the "Scorpions," the secret unit attempted to cause unrest and dissent in the nation prior to the invasion but failed, the paper reported yesterday in breaking news of the unit’s existence. After the invasion, the CIA reportedly used the group in attempts to infiltrate the insurgency.

The information came from current and former intelligence officials and appears to be corroborated by documents related to court proceedings against two Army soldiers charged with beating an Iraqi general to death in 2003, the Post said.

According to two Post articles published yesterday, detainees were handed over to "Scorpions" after successive US interrogators failed to elicit enough satisfactory information from the prisoners.

Source:
NewStandard News

Death Squads again, huh?

Well if you liked Nicaragua, you will Love Iraq!

Yet ANOTHER John Negroponte "Black Ops" and his Famous Death Squads, which performed alot of Assassinations, Tortures, Killings and Massacres in Central America & Hispaniola, Cambodia - Today CIA is Operating these Death Squads in Iraq too.

I guess some People never Learn - or they do, but when it's too damn late.

[edit on 5/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is really not a new development. I posted a ATSNN story about this here lasT January

Pentagon Mulls Forming Death Squads To Target Insurgency Leaders

[edit on 8/5/05 by FredT]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
This is really not a new development. I posted a ATSNN story about this here lasT January

What's new is that these guys were involved prior to the Iraq war and were trained by the CIA to do sabotage and other stuff.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Dubbed the "Scorpions," the secret unit attempted to cause unrest and dissent in the nation prior to the invasion but failed, the paper reported yesterday in breaking news of the unit’s existence. After the invasion, the CIA reportedly used the group in attempts to infiltrate the insurgency.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
CIA trained death squads to interogate people.
What next?
CIA trained interrogation squads to kill people?

Why can't these CIA squads stick to their specialties.
Let the CIA trained rapers rape people, preferably women over 60.

Let the CIA trained death squads kill people, preferably the completely
innocent mentally retarded.

Let the CIA trained interrogation squads question people, preferably
the death mute, so that they have a good excuse to kill them when
they don't talk.

Oh, the US is sooooo bad! And the terrorists are soooo good!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorCee
CIA trained death squads to interogate people.
What next?
CIA trained interrogation squads to kill people?

Why can't these CIA squads stick to their specialties.
Let the CIA trained rapers rape people, preferably women over 60.

Let the CIA trained death squads kill people, preferably the completely
innocent mentally retarded.

Let the CIA trained interrogation squads question people, preferably
the death mute, so that they have a good excuse to kill them when
they don't talk.

Who said that the terriorists are "good"? I didn't see any one post that opinion on this thread. You are using the straw man tactic, which is a critical thinking fallacy.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Us CIA trained straw man arguers always use this trick,
when we aren't killing the innnocent terrorists.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorCee

What about these terrorists who were trained by the CIA?
Were they good or bad?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
why cant there be 2 bads and no goods... jeez people its not hard to think real simple.. NO ONE IS GOOD ALL ARE BAD.. end of discussion

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
oday CIA is Operating these Death Squads in Iraq too.

And we should care because.....?

The US sent agents into iraq to fight in it before the war proper began? This is a problem for some people??? The military has groups of people that.....go out and kill the enemy!
Wow. Whats next, they'll drop bombs on enemy soldiers from the air???

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

The US sent agents into iraq to fight in it before the war proper began? This is a problem for some people??? The military has groups of people that.....go out and kill the enemy!

Death Squads:

A death squad is an extra-judicial group whose members execute or assassinate persons they believe to be politically unreliable or undesirable. They differ from terrorist groups in that they are endorsed by governments, usually in order to eliminate political opponents; some are directly created by such governments, others are supported, protected, or merely not discouraged. Dictatorships, especially totalitarian ones, have used to kill whole groups of people who do not fit their political ideology, religion, or race (see genocide).

The term "death squad" has more recently been extended (especially by journalists) to small groups organized by terrorist organisations such as the IRA.

So NEXT Time when we talk about how the USA is the Number One State that Sponsors Terrorism it won't come to some Misunderstandings.

I guess they just formed a group of people....that go out and kill the enemy!

[edit on 5/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Wow. Whats next, they'll drop bombs on enemy soldiers from the air???

They not only kill the enemy, they were trained to conduct sabotage like cutting the electricity. They were doing this while dressed as civilians and driving civilian cars.

Isn't that the type of thing the makes the pro-war folks look down on the insurgents as cowardly?

Appaently, they were doing things that would have resulted in death if conducted by insurgents not trained by the CIA, as their houses were about to be targeted by US air strikes.

washingtonpost
When they entered Iraq after the invasion, because they wore civilian clothes and traveled in civilian vehicles, the Scorpion teams were often mistaken for insurgents. On a couple of occasions, U.S. soldiers unknowingly tracked the teams as insurgents and focused on their official safe houses as possible targets until they were discovered to be working with U.S. officials.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Lets just hope they dont plan on using Iraqi interrogators on american citizens that peaceably dissent and dont believe the official gov version of 911...thems fightin words(actions)

[edit on 5-8-2005 by magnito_student]

xu

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
AceofBase I really admire your posts and your knowledge and you always get one of WAT vote from me each month here or there, infact to be honest I would give all three if it would let me. you have the knowledge which has a muting effect on the ignorant subjects.

now such replies are really driving me crazy, hundred thousands are dying in iraq including your own brothers and sisters, for a war which have no leagl base. I really dont know what do these people think that iraqi people did to them. or to rephrase;

what did iraqi people did to american people before the wars began?

US central intelligence agency is acting like terrorists in there, even your own soldiers cant distinguish them from "terrorists" sabotaging here and there, arranging or executing assasinations, maybe even arranging bomb assaults. and what all these for? ah it was a war yes that explains all of it. but why is there a war exactly? why are your own gov agents and soldiers on the other end of the world blasting, sabotaging, killing people. I mean what is the reason as it appears to you. because of 9/11?, Al Qaida? (dont tell me because saddam was a dictator, the world is full of dictators and not thousands but millions die in their hands in africa.) what iraq did to you, can you honestly answer that first.

I was always wondering how did the public of those world war I-II nations could allow the governments and leaders who represented them to do such inhuman actions. I always wondered how a person could justify that in his mind. however it is repeating today but I really never imagined it could be this easy to achieve that kind of brain-washing for a government to make its public hate a specific nation. bu this is happening and its like one of those movies where the main character knows who the killer is but nobody believes him until he is caught in the act to the end of the flick. do you think that when they are learning history 200 years later, they will speak highly of the todays US governments actions. I honestly dont think so.

I once mentioned somewhere in a thread here I am mentioning again, this is an ex CIA agent confession, after cuba went red, CIA agents were there to sabotage every aspect of Cuban life to make it appear like the communism has failed. including adding chemicals to milk tankers which would spoil the milk, and the confession of the agent is that once he accidentally over-poisioned the milk tanker, which was later delivered to a school same day and lots of kids were dead at the end of the day because of that milk. and the ex-agent feels sorry about it. I mean for gods sake this is insane, is it not.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Not really, come on, if it is news to anyone it most likely was those who thought the CIA was literally Christians In Action...

The CIA has been notorious since before, when they were OSS. Just about any and every paramilitary and guerrilla group now as then, have been trained directly by or some one that was CIA. It would be rare to find a modern force that doesn't utilize the techniques or training. These sort of tactics have had decades to proliferate and be absorbed. Considering the time involved, it would be news if it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the WATS vote xu.

Here's one back for you:

You have voted xu for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

I've seen a documentary describing one of the Cuban milk incidents that you described.
Here's a clip I extracted from it:

Secrets-of-the-CIA-Cement-Milk

[edit on 5-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

top topics

join