It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the Revolution begin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Since I was a young child I have always thought that some major events would happen in my life time I have had dreams that point to an apocalypse with horrors full of fire and death and soldiers walking the streets.
Now they may only be recurring dreams from some violent film I saw when I was far too young but the dreams have had a large effect on me. I am left wondering about the point of life and trying to seek meaning in it I have no religious belief and cannot believe in god but on these boards and else where in the Internet I have looked for mystery that gives greater meaning then the bland world we sometimes live in. Whether it is aliens ghosts or other paranormal activity I believe greater meaning lay buried within the myriad stories being told from the far-fetched to the frankly obscure.
I’m also left struggling with the everyday troubles that grip us all am I living or just surviving in this ever-changing ever-darkening world. I work to pay bills with that being my life till I eventually die. Is that what life is supposed to be is there not a better way for a society to carry on than economic slavery to the state .If it did all end in flame and fire tomorrow I know there is not as thing I could do about it so I don’t worry about it and in some ways would welcome it with a fight for survival possibly a more simple life than trying to find an economic path in this consumer debt filled mess we call civilised western society.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Glas you could find us here at the great ATS, enjoy your long stay.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

There is lots of information and discussion here on many topics from many points of view. There are members from all walks of life, nationalities and of all ages.

Take some time to look around and familiarize yourself with all of the boards including ATS for alternative and conspiracy related discussion; BTS for lighter subjects and chit chat; PTS for political discussion; and our very own news portal ATSNN.

Each board has several forums with it’s own assigned moderators. Whether your just reading or want to jump right in, we only ask that you follow the site's terms and conditions. This is a privately owned and run board where the rules are enforced.

If you have any questions you can check these handy resources:

Zedd’s Handbook of ATS Links
The Frequently Asked Questions page
And my very own: Answers to FAQs not in the FAQ page

Also very handy is the search feature (on the tab menu just bellow the banner at the top of every page) to make sure you are not double posting something already being discussed.

If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to U2U a moderator anytime. There is always somebody online and you don’t need a minimum of points or posts.

Have fun and see you around the boards!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Very true, we as Americans live in a debt ridden society. Are you aware that such a thing was predicted back in 1920 by V.I. Lenin who said: "we will take eastern europe, then the masses of Asia, then we will encircle the United States, which will be the last bastion of capitalism. We shall not have to attack. It will fall like a ripe grapefruit into our hands."

85 years ago, and look at us now...at any moment, America will be ripe enough to be plucked.

Forums such as ATS will make a crack into the beast (even if, ever so slightly, but in time, it will widen if the pace continues as it is). There are thousands upon thousands who visit and participate in this forum, and in time, it will spill over into a movement. And with a movement, things will change as in revolution. But only with time.

Welcome abroad my friend, enjoy the ride.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Welcome Bedroom! :how!

Gools shared with you ALL the good information above, if you follow those links you will be well schooled in the ways and workings of ATS

post unto others as you would have them post unto you!

[edit on 5-8-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes we are enslaved to banks and the state. It is terrible how society is going and how many freedoms we have stripped from us more and more.

You know the weirdest thing is, if you say stuff it all and go back to basics, go and find an isolated spot, plant some vegies and live off the land you are treated as a nut, yet you are doing what nature intended.

If you take your children with you, you then risk having them taken off you. I personally feel like saying stuff it and taking my kids out to some lovely isolated spot and teach them about life and survival and nature.........but the worse thing is...I can't afford it.......

I can't afford to live naturally ..........

posted on Aug, 6 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone whos seen my introduction i look forward to debating the many facinating subjects that ATS covers and hope in some small way to be surprised and amazed by what i find through the shared discovery on this bored

top topics

join