It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As A Jew, Allow Me To Tell It Like It Is

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My parents were born and raised in America, both were Jews. My grandparents came from Russia and Romania, both sides were orthodox Jews. At the age of 9, I decided to rebel against Hebrew law (never had a bar mitzvah), I began to question, and by the time I was 15, I was turning more to becoming an atheist. By the time I was 23, I considered myself an atheist by culture and belief. By the age of 32, I was a staunch atheist (see the Introductions section for a bit of my personal (further) information).

I supported the State of Israel up until the 9/11/2001 incident. Because I began to read about events or matters from the other point of view, that is, the Arab/Islaamic point of view. And by the year 2004, after over 60 books, I realized that the State of Israel is not for the Jewish people as a Jewish Homeland (to seek refuge from those who may want to destroy us as a people). Israel is there for British and American political and military strategic purposes. It is situated there as an agitator, in order to bring in the new world order, post the world war two United Nations stepping stone that furthered the course of the Commonwealth of Nations (that is, to have a one world government under the auspices of a select few).

All the Jews I have spoke to online (and a couple in my own life...I do not socialize with no more than one or two Jews), when I bring up these above-mentioned facts, I am told I am either a Muslim or I am out of my mind. What alarms me the most, at times, that my own brethren have no idea that they are being used as dupes just like the Arabs/Muslims are. The select few care less how many Jews or Arabs/Muslims die as long as their objective is achieved: NWO. Jews pride themselves on their ability to decipher facts, weed out the bs and get to the gist of the matter at hand. But (probably) 97% of the Jews/zionists support the State of Israel (like I said, I used to consider myself a zionist, based solely on political reasons, but I no longer support the State of Israel). Jews are unaware that Israel is really (my coined phrase
Israhel*. It is a house of smoke and mirrors. Not only do Arabs and/or Muslims suffer, but Jews do too (without realizing it).

In my own life, I am married to a German-Irish girl who believes in Christ. This is cool (everyone has their own way to deal with life and death). We have a plaque above the kitchen entryway that reads: God Bless This Home (it's cool). I am a secure atheist (or person).

What truly troubles me is, Jews these days are treating Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims as if they rule them, like little Hitlers. Jews have yet to learn from their own past. Jews are very bias, unfair and deliberately ransacking any dreams the Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims may have had after the fall of the Ottoman Turkish Empire. It's a disgrace to be a Jew in this ongoing bloodbath. This is truly arrogance.

When the truth shows its stubborn head, I do not take flight, I take it up and face it head on. The truth about the Jews, in current times, are being used by the New World Order. And Jews have yet to learn from their own history. I do not support the State of Israel because it is raising little tyrants and not fair, reasonable, open-minded (tolerant) people.

Just wanted to tell you all this from a Jewish perspective. I do pride myself for being a Jew who comes from a long history of persecution (yet survived), who began the entire Judeo-Christian-Islaam course since Abraham onward, and all the great entertainers, scientists, writers, et cetera that have been a steady source of pleasure throughout the last 4,000 years or so; but, I cannot and will not support the State of Israel that has an existence which will discredit the Jew, that will force non-Jews into "concentration"/refugee camps, and/or who are being used by a select few who plan to fulfill their NWO creed.

Thanks for this forum, I can only believe it will get better with time.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Anyone reading this guys post should know HE IS A LIAR!!!

I suspect that you are a Palistinian attempting to impersonate a Jew - If you are Muslem or not remains to be seen.

YOU ARE A LIAR!!!

If you were a Jew as you put it you would have a better understanding of Hebrew and Jewish law.

I decided to rebel against Hebrew law (never had a bar mitzvah), I began to question, and by the time I was 15, I was turning more to becoming an atheist.

YOU ARE NOT IN FACT A JEW., I question if your parents were, as if they were Jewish they would have certainly pointed this out to you. So it is likely to say that at best they were Hebrew, and at worst were liars.

By the age of 32, I was a staunch atheist

You are Hebrew, to be a Jew you would have to have accepted Judeism. And you Sure can't be a Jew and also say that you are an athiest.

You can't claim to be a Jew and eat a ham sandwich.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dancer

You can't claim to be a Jew and eat a ham sandwich.

Hang on just a second. I'm not saying this guy is telling the truth or not, but you seem to be a bit mixed up here yourself.

He's a Jew by blood if his mother is a Jew by blood...period. Doesn't matter if he takes mayonnaise or mustard with that ham sandwich. And it doesn't matter if he rejects Judaism.

*This message has been brought to you by the Committee to Deny Ignorance...Now back to your regularly scheduled argument.*

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There are jews who are against Israel and Zionism, you can find this group on the internet.

i do not doubt what he is saying because i haven't seen any evidence what he is saying is false.

He's a Jew by blood if his mother is a Jew by blood...period. Doesn't matter if he takes mayonnaise or mustard with that ham sandwich. And it doesn't matter if he rejects Judaism.

Exactly.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I know that this is going WAY OFF TOPIC but I think that the "Jewish by mother" explanation that you have given is not true. It's rabbinical teaching and is nowhere in the Tanach.

When God made the covenant with Abraham, he made it through Abraham and his seed (father to son). The Moabites and the Ammonites are named after their fathers and not after the daughters of Lot. The Ishmaelite are named after Ishmael and not after their mother Hagar.

When an Israelite man marries a gentile woman he has Israelite sons. There are plenty of examples of this in the Tanach. When an Israelite woman married a gentile she was usually cut off from the nation of Israel.

So when a rabbi teaches that a child is Jewish only if the mother is, it's totally UNTRUE. It is non-biblical.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
My mother was Jewish, she considered herself a reformed Jew (so was my father). A reformed Jew has more choice than an orthodox or Conservative Jew. There are Orthodox Jews in Israel, who have been there for centuries who are dead set against the State of Israel, because they are waiting on the Moshiach (Messiah) to restore the Temple and the Statehood. Here in Tulsa, I have a Rabbi (Rabbi Weg), we have talked about this issue of my being an atheist, even though he is not too happy about it, I am always welcome to his synagogue here in town. My mother always thought I was a meshuganeh (crazy) to be an atheist, she always thought I'd wake up, and at least, believe in HaShem (God).

It does not surprise me that someone thinks I am not a Jew or a liar, even the Jews I meet for the first time, at first, always think I am a liar or not a Jew. There are few Jews like myself. Nevertheless, I am a Jew/Hebrew by blood. And to (maybe) your great surprise, 2 days ago I had a cheese omelet with bacon. Even my mother ate ham (of course, we ate lox, white fish, lettuce, tomato, onion, cream cheese on an egg bagel too (boy what I'd give to have one of those here in Tulsa...hard to find a good lox sandwich, gotta' go to Cherry Hill, NJ or Philadelphia, PA...a lox sandwich beats out a ham or bacon dish anytime, but hey, can't have everything in life

The whole point of my post was, that the State of Israel is a disservice to the Jews who live there and who do not live there. It is not a Jewish Homeland as it was suppose to be, it is a military outpost for European and American strategic purposes.

I do not take offense to any response that says I am a liar or not a Jew, it just makes me kinda sad to see some people still hold onto ideas that closes a subject matter before it even has a chance to grow.

I do thank those who have come to my aid, it shows there are still open-minded people in this world. But like I said before, there are even Jews who are close-minded, being conditioned to believe, unless one supports the State of Israel (or is a zionist), one is shunned from the Jewish community.

Thanks for the replies, Edward

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
you're an atheist. you said it yourself. I can't see how you can say you are jewish and an atheist. I don't believe in god but I do believe in the jewish god?

incidentally, this jew has bacon all the time. ham all the time and two nights ago I made the most amazing PORK chops. ham and cheese omelet, so not kosher, one of my favorites.

not all jews are kosher
not all jews avoid pork

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valerina
I know that this is going WAY OFF TOPIC but I think that the "Jewish by mother" explanation that you have given is not true. It's rabbinical teaching and is nowhere in the Tanach.

When God made the covenant with Abraham, he made it through Abraham and his seed (father to son). The Moabites and the Ammonites are named after their fathers and not after the daughters of Lot. The Ishmaelite are named after Ishmael and not after their mother Hagar.

When an Israelite man marries a gentile woman he has Israelite sons. There are plenty of examples of this in the Tanach. When an Israelite woman married a gentile she was usually cut off from the nation of Israel.

So when a rabbi teaches that a child is Jewish only if the mother is, it's totally UNTRUE. It is non-biblical.

The concept of a child with a Jewish mother therefore makes him (or her)automatically a Jew is an 18th century concept. The Tanakh (Tanach) says nothing about the mother having to be Jewish.

Just to make you aware of something, my father passed on when I was 2 and a half years old. My mother raised me. My mother kept all the Jewish holidays, and she'd light candles for the dead, she'd visit my father's gravesite and place rocks on the top of his tomb (and relatives too). She knew Hebrew and Yiddish (this is something I truly regret, that is, I never had a good education to learn Hebrew (it is a fine language). My parents' parents separated dishes, only ate Jewish meals, did Sabbath, prayed all the time, only spoke Hebrew.

I too realize this is off the topic, but I needed to explain the subject at hand because there are many misconceptions about the life of a Jew. To be a Jew is so very different from being a zionist. Actually, if I were a religious Jew, I would have turned away from zionism a long time ago, because zionism contradicts Judaism. This is the one thing that I cannot for the life of me, get across to the Jews I know, that zionism contradicts Judaism. I feel sorry for the Jews who are in denial. It's a dumb belief to fall for such a state of affairs. They should know better, and they persist to turn a deaf ear to the subject.

Anyway, back to the New World Order......

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thank you for your thoughtful and candid post. Many here and around the world are not anti-semitic, but are anti-zionist and anti-Israel. History tells all, you have only to look. The State of Israel exists to further British and American interests and that's why great lengths are taken to protect it.

You have voted 39 drops of solder for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Being Jewish is about your genes first and then about your religion. Just because you do not support the state of Israel does not mean you are not Jewish. Me and some others of my race have been trying to prove that we are of Jewish lineage for some years now. We are Jenisch ( swiss gypsies). Our language is very similiar to hebrew...but anyway it is importent to me because I care about Judasim about a religion or a poiltical view but about my genetic lineage.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
you're an atheist. you said it yourself. I can't see how you can say you are jewish and an atheist. I don't believe in god but I do believe in the jewish god?

incidentally, this jew has bacon all the time. ham all the time and two nights ago I made the most amazing PORK chops. ham and cheese omelet, so not kosher, one of my favorites.

not all jews are kosher
not all jews avoid pork

First, I did not want to turn this (original) post into a Jewish topic, I just wanted to say, that even zionists are controlled by the New World Order. But okay, let me explain:

My mother and father were Jewish/Hebrew, and their parents were Jewish/Hebrew, so on and so forth for centuries. By blood or descent, I am a Jew. But after a period of time on earth, I developed into an atheist by belief and culture. I do not believe in God because to do so, one would have to accept that even HaShem/YHVH/Yahweh/Elohim, et cetera also have their forerunners. For instance, Elohim is based on the Canaanite pantheon, the EL god; even YHVH which represents the following: Y represents EL , the father; H was Asherah, the mother; V corresponded to He, the son; and H was the daughter, Anath. Again, EL appears...EL (El) was the chief god of the Canaanites, an executive god of the pantheon, the god of thunder and winter storms. Furthermore, Ugaritic polytheism is expressed as a monism through the ideas of a divine council or assembly, and in this divine family is: EL (the chief god), Asherah (EL's wife), having 70 children (including Baal, Astarte, Anat, etc). In other words, the name of the Canaanite god and the mythic elements of Canaanite religion were absorbed into the religion of Ancient Israel. (see: Genesis 33:20, the El, the God (Elohim) of Israel (el elohe yisrael); El Eylon, the most high God (Genesis 14:18); El Shaddai (traditionally, God Almighty, Genesis 17:1; El Hai, the living God (Joshua 3:10).

Abraham was born in Sumer. He spoke Semitic Akkadian. He too brought a mixture of Sumerian beliefs (where modern day Iraq is), that were based on Sumerian gods. In time, Abraham would believe in monotheism (but this is for another section in ATS).

So part of the reason I am an atheist is, there is much more than the text of the Tanakh. And each culture or civilization had their own gods, and in turn, each god influenced another culture and civilization, and before you know it, we have King James VI of Scotland writing his version of who and what is God.

The other reason I am an atheist is because, I believe religion is a way to control the masses. Also, it is a way for people to deal with the concept of death. Also, when a person is down and out, has no support system, the tales of God or Christ is a way to uplift them when in desparation. Plus, and foremost, just because I am unable to tell a person where did the universe come from (because if I did, then it is time for the straitjacket), or I do not know, does not force me into a position of accepting a God (because to believe in God is a faith or to have faith). I leave it at that, I do not know (I leave it at that). And in turn, I get to what matters most, to make the human reality the best I can, to help one another achieve a "heaven" on earth, to cherish every breath I take because one never knows when one goes down into that deep cold black maggot infested hole in the ground, where one never wakes up from. And most of all...with this, let us get back on topic...to fight the powers that be, to fight those who believe they are our masters and we their slaves, to fight the New World Order, to never have fear, to never back down even if it means a shot to the head.

Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death

Thanks for this forum, Edward

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

I was under the impression that being a Jew was like being a Christian or a Muslim, it was a religion. How can you be a Christian if you reject Christianity? How can you be a Muslim if you reject Islam?

We have "Jews" in our family that came from Germany a few years before and right after WW2. My Grandmother was one. I am the son of her daughter so am I a Jew?

Today ALL of these people, except a few of the older ones, are Christians....LOL

Can you be a Christian Jew?

[edit on 5-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Amuk, that was my point.

39, To each his own. Your beliefs are your own. You chose to reject the religion that your parents gave you. You chose to be an atheist. Therefore, you are an atheist, not a jew. It's rather simple.

If your intention with this thread was to discuss the NWO, you really sidetracked yourself. Of course, the NWO fears are, in my eyes, unnecessary and personally, I find the fear of things like NWO and Illuminati to be rather entertaining and comical.

But I eat too much pork so it all balances out in the end.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Someone who believes the mother must be a Jew in order for the children to be Jewish is a modern concept. If someone wants to hold to the traditional belief, that is, the Tanakh, that a parent is Jewish, and carries that bloodline to the next child, then he or she is Jewish. So yes, if someone in your past, has Jewish blood, and believes in Christianity or is a Baptist, one is still Jewish. A lot of misconceptions about Jews, Jews are a race, a nationality, a religion and a people. The way I look at being a Jew is, we are a people that have survived through many centuries of persecution. Where are the Canaanites? Where are the Babylonians? Where are the Sumerians? As for that time period, only the Hebrews/Jews and Egyptians still flourish as a people. And the interesting thing about all this is, Kabbalah has a lot of Egyptian subtext to it. Even the New World Order has a lot of Egyptian elements to it.

Anyway, I look at Jews/Hebrews in terms of being a people, that survived over many centuries. Regardless of how many beliefs a Jew may have during their lifetimes, if he or she has the bloodline via parenthood, then he or she is Jewish/Hebrew.

I think I'll rest on this point, because we are certainly off the topic. Nevertheless, thanks for the replies/comments, it shows we can chat even on sensitive personal issues. This is a very good thing. Edward

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmukCan you be a Christian Jew?

I was bar mitzvah'd in a church. well, a chemple really. time share type thing. Perhaps i am a chew. or a jatholic.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Wasn't Jesus Jewish?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by legion

Wasn't Jesus Jewish?

But he wasnt a christian. Unless of course he worshiped himself

I dont believe Christianity started till after his death. Am I wrong?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

um...ask jesus, or the apostles,or any other jewish christian before the 2nd century

well it made me laugh

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by legion

Wasn't Jesus Jewish?

But he wasnt a christian. Unless of course he worshiped himself

I dont believe Christianity started till after his death. Am I wrong?

What about his disciples and his original followers? Werent they Jewish as well?

[edit on 5-8-2005 by legion]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

[Can you be a Christian Jew?

Yes they are many Messainic Jews who believe Christ is the saviour.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join