It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Bombers - What are they accomplishing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just dumb, but I just can't see the logic in suicide bombings. In Iraq, these bombings are extremely frequent, as we all know. And, essentially, it is Muslim terrorists blowing up other Muslims. Same thing with the recent attacks in Egypt. To me, this makes no sense at all. What is this possibly going to accomplish, for anyone, by killing all these people?

These terrorists are accomplishing nothing besides taking innocent lives, many of them sharing their religion/race/nationality, although in the vast majority of cases, not their extremist ideologies. Maybe that is the key, the extremism. I don't know. I just know that by any reasonable standard, it is a senseless waste of precious human life, and those that die are dying for absolutely nothing, both victims and perpetrators.

I'm hoping to start a good discussion here about the possible motivations for suicide bombing. I can't think of anything that is in the least bit convincing. I'm at a loss to understand the fundamental why of it all.

Here's hoping for an enlightening discussion...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My guess that these people are mind-controlled individuals that were triggered to perform something or some action(s)...

As standard procedures, most of them either return back to their programmer or commit suicide....so, for example a suicide bomber would be like one of those programmed individual who is not planning to come back to his/her programmer(s)...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Homicide bombers are pointing the direction where retaliation should occur. Let their families suffer the same degree of blood shed as the homicide bombers inflict on other innocent people.

Its not a matter of an eye for an eye, its a matter of deterants. You maim or kill our families, don't worry about the well being of your own. It will be taken care of by professionals.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Maybe the people behind some of the more questionable and puzzling 'suicide' bombings in Iraq have nothing to do with the insurgency.

Sometimes bombings ONLY work in favor of the warlords in the Pentagon.

You do have to ask, why would an Iraqi want to blow up innocent Iraqis? of course the only answer you'll officially get is something to do with 'freedom' and 'blah blah, woof woof' but on the other hand, if it were someone like the CIA who are behind these bombings via a proxy terrorist group (as they have been known to use multiple times before) in order to drum up support for the troops, insight civil war amongst the Iraqs and more importantly, to not let the 'terrorism' fear simmer down, who would question that in a world in which the media only 'report' from whitehouse and pentagon press releases?

If you have trillions of dollars invested in something that relies on a consistant enemy attacking consistantly, openly and publically, it would be in your best interest to make sure these 'attacks' keep occuring.

Some people think human lives are worth more to those that live in the world of billion dollar empires. HAHA, human lives in an over-populated world are nothing but bargining chips for these 'people'.

The Hawks want you to believe all terrorism is an act of extreemists, they don't want you to see them blurring the line that clearly defines their contolled terrorism from rouge extreemists because they want you to fear a solid enemy and believe it's out there in all corners of the world, developing hatred out of thin air and without any assistance at all expect from 1 man hiding in a cave somewhere.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Is this your point. Please tell me there is more to your reply that I for one can support your thoughts - on?
I must be mis-reading your words. Can you help me to understand your full point of view please?

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's very hard to understand suicide bombers because western culture values "life"

Other cultures view sacrifice of oneself for a cause as Honerable. Remember the "Kamakazi" from Japan during WWII.

Wives of deceased men used to burn themselves alive on the funeral pyre of their husbands. The ultimate show of love and respect in India.

Different cultures have very different ways of expressing their frustrations.
When you have nothing to live for I guess dieing aint so bad.

Poverty mixed with extreme fundamental religious beliefs makes for some bad, bad medicine.

Nothing will change until the underlying reasons are dealt with. Expecting extremeists to listen to reason is futile. Extremeism of all types is a mental illness because the real world has ceased to exist. Only the object of the extremeism matters.

The world has changed forever. Sorry!

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:22 AM
link   
What does it achieve?

Quite a lot actually.

On the one hand, you creat uncertanty, terror, suspicion, extreme workload for security services, overload A&E services, create extra work for all emergency services.

On the other hand, you get some prat to die for you, you may reduce the illegal immigrent population by one and reinforce the Darwinian theory.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Yes but is it now a race against time - not education. I mean, by the time western culture can make a dent in the mid-east destitute peoples, they may have already strapped on a WMD and walked into our country to detonate.

Dallas

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
They are making us aware of a number of things... their struggle, their ideology, their calous disregard for life. They are also demonstrating their defiance of the West whom in their eyes is the evil in the world.
They alienate their people from the rest of the world, and hold the rest of us back from making any meaningful gains or contributions to humanity.

In short, they are twisted with hatred, blind with rage, and devoid of elementary grace. They are also fanatical beyond a civilized worlds belief.

They are hated, hunted, and wasted.
They hold a free world hostage.
They do little to contribute to the global community, do harm to each other, and do nothing notable except inflict pain and suffering.
They are of a cave man mentality (fight or flight... boom and tomb might be more apt) and don't fit in with society.
They are also convinced that they are right.
They claim to be spiritual and yet the only spirit they invoke is evil.
As a Christian I'm supposed to love them but they make it hard...
they're not exactly your over-achievers

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I posted this link in another thread but I'll repost it here.
Why do suicide bombers do it?

This is what did they accomplish by the suicide bombings mentioned in that article:

Everywhere it has been used, the countries that face it make concessions: The United States left Lebanon; Israel withdrew from Lebanon and now (much of) the West Bank; and Sri Lanka gave the Tamils a semiautonomous state.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the link Ace, I learned some things from it. In all honesty, we have a hard time understanding the why and the How they could do it. When life has little meaning or no value isn't the case... they do it as their only option against a bigger (occupying) foe.. Intersting note there from a member of Rand, he claims we should get out expeditiously. I still wonder if it wasn't a think tank that got us in there in the first place.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
* They're a bit like Bush, "agree with me or be destroyed." Many muslims and almost all westerners don't agree with their fanatic extremist ideologies. So they decide to rid the world of these people because they think Allah wants them to, or at least strike fear in their hearts and minds by the means of these bombings. They're accomplishing something here.

* As they've said in many of their messages, they want every nation to pull their troops from Iraq. Haven't some countries pulled their troops because of these attacks and kidnappings? and in general they want revenge on the western countries for meddling in the mid-east.

* Disasters make big market fluctuations, if you could predict these disasters, you could make lots of money in the market. Maybe someone is brainwashing these muslims into doing these attacks in order to get some cold hard cash?

* These attacks could be orchestrated by the Bush administration and now perhaps by other governments in Europe to justify declarations of war against countries in the mid-east (possibly others too) in order to secure oil reserves and what not, to justify the removing of our civil liberties (to catch these "terrorists") and eventually declaration of marshall law, in order to gain full control of the country and the people.

Maybe one or many of those are true, or maybe not.

top topics

join