It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coeur de Lion Commandery of Knights Templars and The Appendant Orders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I hate to ask this, as I fear it will draw a few NWO people out of the crowd, as this type of thing tends to do, but does anyone have any information as the when this group became nonexistant? I have come across a book of bylaws of the above group, the book looks fairly new, but is dated 1899. I had not heard of this, and figured it to no longer be around.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiggy
I hate to ask this, as I fear it will draw a few NWO people out of the crowd, as this type of thing tends to do, but does anyone have any information as the when this group became nonexistant? I have come across a book of bylaws of the above group, the book looks fairly new, but is dated 1899. I had not heard of this, and figured it to no longer be around.

I did some digging around... All I've come up with so far is noticing a trend for Commanderies being named Coeur de Lion # so-and-so, like Lodge names. Seems to be a popular name for them... Coeur de Lion translates to "Lionhearted" which is a reference to King Richard.

Not much, I know, but it's something.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I picked up on the Richard the lionheart part, and saw there were a few lodges around. This book is from boston massacusets. I should be getting it in a few days, so I will find out.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
here are some pictures of the book

The text reads:

By-Laws
of
Coeur de Lion Commandery
of
Knights Templars
and
The Appendant Orders.

Charlestown District, Boston, Mass.

Third Edition.
Complete to January 1, 1899.

Charleston
Allbe & Pratt, Printers, 134 Main Street.

I figure its some kind of constitution/yearbook for the commandry. Oh well, it was cheap ($25-ebay) so it wont dissapoint me too terribly bad.

edit: had to fix graphic urls

[edit on 5-8-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have one of these badges.Can you tell anything about it and is there a market for it.

Thanks 4Sparkie

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A Commandery of Knights Templar is a part of the York Rite of Freemasonry.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Be thankful for the Poor Fellow-Soldier, for they rescued the Testimony from Nebo.

top topics

join