It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorism drill links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Quite new to the forum so alot of facts go over my head when people discuss 9/11 or 7/7.

I seem to read quite often that terrorism drills where in operation during or just before both attacks, can someone please post links to where this information came from or is it just hear say?

I also see mentioned another drill by the US government quite soon, is this correct and do we have much information on it?

Thanks in advance

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
On the morning of 9/11 there were multiple wargames involving our air defense over much of the eastern half of the US. On 7/7 I understand there were bombing excercises going on at the same time as the attacks, but someone else will have to fill you in on the details on that.

The wargames on 9/11 were being overseen by Dick Cheney, who at the time had the ability to communicate via radio agencies such as the FAA, NORAD, FEMA, the Secret Service, etc.

The Pentagon has admitted to at least four of these wargames on the morning of 9/11 from what I've found (source), but a NRO excercise makes at least five.

They were:

The "Plane into Building" Excercise (not itself an airforce excercise):

This excercise was a...

...simulation of a plane crash into the NRO headquarters (near Dulles Airport, Virginia) - this was not a "terrorism" exercise but it did result in the evacuation of most NRO employees just as the "real" 9/11 was taking place, making it more difficult for the nation's spy satellites to be used to track the hijacked planes[.]

Original Source: Associated Press, August 21, 2002
Secondary Source
NRO Site

Operation Northern Vigilance:

This was planned months in advance of 9/11 and ensured that on the morning of 9/11, jet fighters were removed from patrolling the US east coast and sent to Alaska and Canada, therefore reducing the amount of fighter planes available to protect the east coast.

Source.
NORAD Confirms Planes Sent to Alaska and Canada.
Original source: Toronto Star, December 9, 2001.

Operation Vigilant Guardian:

This exercise simulated hijacked planes in the north eastern sector and started to coincide with 9/11. Lt. Col. Dawne Deskins, NORAD unit's airborne control and warning officer, was overseeing the exercise. At 8:40am she took a call from Boston Center which said it had a hijacked airliner. Her first words, as quoted by Newhouse News Service were, "It must be part of the exercise." This is another example of how the numerous drills on the morning of 9/11 deliberately distracted NORAD so that the real hijacked planes couldn't be intercepted in time.

Deskins' comment is from a Newhouse News Service article, dated January 25, 2002.
Source of the Above Bit.

Operation Vigilant Warrior:

Referenced by Richard Clarke in his book, "Against All Enemies."

More on Vigiliant Warrior and Vigilant Guardian:

These were apparently a pair of war games (attacker versus defender) which involved live-fly simulations of hijackings. Both this pair of operations and Northern Vigilance probably involved the use of "injects" into screens to simulate aircraft. These games apparently resembled the actual attack sufficiently to confuse military officers, as suggested by the following transcript.

FAA Boston Center contacts NEADS, saying, "We need someone to scramble some F-16s or something up there, help us out."

“Is this real world or an exercise?” asked the military liaison officer?

"No, this is not an exercise," responded the FAA official. "Not a test." 2

The quote referencing footnote "2" sources BBC News, 6/18/04.
Source.

Operation Northern Guardian:

Was referenced by the Toronto Star on December 9, 2001, but no details on the excercise were offered.

Operation Tripod II:

This excercise was mentioned by Rudolph Giuliani in his testimony for the 9/11 Commission. It was to take place in NYC on September 12th, and involved a biowar excercise involving the WTC complex. This gave FEMA an excuse to be in NYC on September 10th, as Giuliani also unwittingly confirmed in his testimony.

It has been alleged that one of the excercises that took place on 9/11 involved inserting fake blips on FAA and NORAD radar, effectively making it impossible to tell whether any planes were going off course, etc.

As you can see, the names, being very similar to each other, can be confusing to keep track of (probably intentional), but at the same time, at least four excercises on 9/11 (besides the NRO excericse) are fact according to Pentagon officials, and there are four 9/11 excercises for you right there.

Officials have claimed that the wargames enhanced response, but judging by the fact that Flight 77 was completely unimpeded during an emergency situation, I find that to be a complete load of bs.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by bsbray11]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just to add to bsbray11's post

I made this thread a while ago, it's long which is why most people didn't read it but it has some info about the 9/11 drills in paticular and then some 7/7 drill info on the bottom.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can be rest assured that these drills were very much taking place during the attacks.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
So what about the next drill then? i thought i read on here that the US were planning a nuclear attack drill sometime soon, can anyone confirm this?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
How many terrorism drills were conducted without any terror attack happening? Or is that too much of a probative question?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So what about the next drill then? i thought i read on here that the US were planning a nuclear attack drill sometime soon, can anyone confirm this?

Yeah.. Here's something Shroud sent me the other day: click.

Originally posted by djohnsto77
How many terrorism drills were conducted without any terror attack happening? Or is that too much of a probative question?

The wargames that NORAD conducted on 9/11 only take place once a year if I'm not mistaken. That's already a 1 in 365 chance, and add to that the NRO scenario of a plane hitting their building (on the exact same day), and the fact that the planes were moved away from the NYC/DC area, and you have quite a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
The wargames that NORAD conducted on 9/11 only take place once a year if I'm not mistaken. That's already a 1 in 365 chance, and add to that the NRO scenario of a plane hitting their building (on the exact same day), and the fact that the planes were moved away from the NYC/DC area, and you have quite a coincidence.

Were the plans for this drill publically available? If so, possibly the terrorists chose this date due to the exercise...

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Were the plans for this drill publically available? If so, possibly the terrorists chose this date due to the exercise...

No, I don't think they were. To this day, the exact nature of those excercises has not been confirmed by the Pentagon, but only that there were indeed such excercises. We only have references to the excercises by media exclusives and leaked information from involved officials. As to whether or not there was a general knowledge of the events taking place, I don't think that information would've been available to your common soldiers until just a short time before the excercises. It's hard to tell how long the date had been planned by top officials.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

No, they weren't made public which is the conspiracy. Same with Londons bombing, it's not until after the fact do we find out that there were drills being run which mimicked the exact scenario which occurs.

You know what WAS made public days before Sept 11th that the 'terrorists' could of taken advantage of?

And there are plenty of airports near this school but for some reason, even thou it was known Bush was going to be there, the 'terrorists' still decided to mimic CIA and NORAD drills for their attack? Funny that.

Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Sarasota:

* SARASOTA/BRADENTON INTL (about 4 miles; SARASOTA/BRADENTON, FL; ID: SRQ)
* MAC DILL AFB (about 35 miles; TAMPA, FL; ID: MCF)
* ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER INTL (about 40 miles; ST PETERSBURG-CLEARWATER, FL; ID: PIE)

Other public-use airports nearest to Sarasota:

* VENICE MUNI (about 20 miles; VENICE, FL; ID: VNC)
* AIRPORT MANATEE (about 21 miles; PALMETTO, FL; ID: 48X)
* BUCHAN (about 27 miles; ENGLEWOOD, FL; ID: X36)
www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Both images taken at 9:03 a.m.

Bush takes part in a meaningless photo-op, knowing full well the US is already under attack.

So why did the Secret Service not rush Bush away from there?
How did they know that school, that publically known event which was printed in the papers days before announcing Bush's visit to this school, was not a valid target of the hijackers considering how many airports are so close to that school?

The last time the Secret Service stood back and let a President stay open to attack was when JFK was shot in the head. Watch the documentary about JFK which has actual video footage of SS being told to get off JFKs car (which has handles fitted for them to grip) and see the puzzled look on one of the SS guys who is phyically pulled off the back of the car, then watch as the motorcade drives through the crowds, 7 people deep in some parts, before heading along one the part of the road which is cleared of all people, no crowds at all, no SS on the car but a nice clean area for a nice clean shot and the result ends up with JFKs assassination.

If the SS didn't rush Bush out of that school the minute they knew a plane had hit the WTC, let alone the minute they knew a SECOND plane had hit the WTC, it must be because they KNEW Bush was in no danger.

The SS had full contact with Cheney in his bunker who was controlling the wargames on that day along with a communications bridge to ALL agencies. They knew Bush was in no danger because they were in contact with Cheney, the Maestro of Sept 11th.

[edit on 5-8-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nice job guys, if I may ad a little bit to this discussion. If everyone remembers right, at first they tried to say they had no idea that something like terroist highjackings being rammed into building could be foreseen, as to why our defence of the most defended airspace in th world, was not defended according to how it has been done in the past. Then when that was debunked they said the reason why our airforce stood down was because of the drills and they didnt realize it was really happening.

They do the drills so that they can cover there collective butts when people ask questions as to why it happened. The whole thing has creapy lying deception written all over it.

top topics

join