It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Novak loses it on air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
During a discussion about Kathrine Harris, Novak says "bull#" on live TV, and walks off the stage.

the clip:
mediamatters.org...

Now that he's been humiliated (humiliated himself) on does that mean he'll get his own show on MSNBC?

He's been suspended by CNN

"A CNN spokeswoman, Edie Emery, called Novak's behavior "inexcusable and unacceptable." Novak had apologized to CNN, and CNN was apologizing to viewers, she said."

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050804/ap_en_tv/tv_cnn_novak_2

[edit on 8/4/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Poor Bob... All the pressure he's been under lately. How embarrassing for him, but yeah, he needs to take some time off. Like a loooong time.
He needs to retire.

He's one of the few people that when I see, I say to myself (or whomever will listen) "I hate that guy"!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I saw a clip of it on the news earlier, and I couldn't really hear what Carville was saying to him.
Then I heard the moderator was getting redy to ask him about the Plame incident?

I guess I'm not really understanding why he was suspended?
The word or the walk-off? Was he just supposed to listen to the RaginCajun mouth? There's been plenty of times that ole boy says stuff I'd walk out on.

FWIW, most of those cable news shows are getting so banal, so scripted, so a waste of time anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Good on him. Better to say it, know what you did, and leave, then to move on and do the time. Maybe it's wrong, but to hell with that, it's just a word, and they need to lose the whole hyper-sensitive thing anyway.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't seriously think that he was upset by anything Carville said. They've been yelling at each other for years and he's never gotten that upset. He got up and left because they were going to ask him about Rovegate. He just used the argument as a convienent excuse to leave. I don't know why he thinks he should be immune from questioning just because he works at CNN. He's part of the story so its natural that he would be asked about it.

Funny that CNN suspends him over something innane like using a word 90 percent of Americans use every day but not from being involved in a crime....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
He got up and left because they were going to ask him about Rovegate. He just used the argument as a convienent excuse to leave.

D'oh! That never even occurred to me but it sure sounds right. You're right, he and Carville go at it all the time!

Funny that CNN suspends him over something innane like using a word 90 percent of Americans use every day but not from being involved in a crime....

America's mindset today is so screwed up that saying bull**** is worse than the Plame thing. It's like Janet's boob. The right especially, just can't deal with those words and body parts. They HAD to suspend him or they'd never hear the end of it.

new topics

top topics

join