It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think of all the stupid and screwy things I've done in the past ten years, what keeps going through my mind is kneeing on rock salt for days maybe weeks on end in a public place. Stupid, Screwy, annoying, and purely dumb idiotic things (but nothing illegal, except public intoxication).

I was thinking about making a sign that says "Pentence", with it would be a flyer listing all the stupid and screwy stuff I did and I am sorry for it. Which is why I would kneel on rock salt as a mark to absolve the sins of the past.

When Would I be finished, when every person I have ever offended is their to either forgive me, cuss/curse me, spit on me, beat me up and/or etc.

I am sorry for all stupid behavior I have committed in the past.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
verry valiant of you

I wish I was sorry for all of my sins but sometimes I am not

I wish I could atone for all mysins and return to the way I was once before.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
is this a rant? or is there a subject we should be discussing?

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This reminds me of the 'sackcloth and ashes' repentance that is in the Bible, or pilgrims who would abase themselves while travelling to holy sites by doing things like go naked, crawl, or other uncomfortable activities designed to mortify the body.

I think it is good that you regret all your past sins. Certainly, we all have them. I think that one of the key things to obtaining absolution is not only to be sorrowful for what you have done, but also to promise (and keep the promise) to improve, to try and never again commit whatever things are grating on your conscience.

It also may not be possible to change all at once. I'm not sure exactly what you may have done (and I don't really care to know, nor is it my business), but you may want to try working on one thing at a time, concentratting with whatever the most serious sin is, then once that is mastered, move on to the next serious one, and so on, until you have just the little things to work on, then do those after the big ones are out of the way.

As a personal example, a few years back, I started using a lot of profanity, and I realized that this is not a good thing to be doing. So I made a conscious effort to quit using those words. I haven't beat it totally, but I'm down to where pretty much the only time I swear is at my computer when it does something really annoying.

Just promise me you won't do anything harmful to yourself you might later regret while doing this penitence. I wouldn't recommend kneeling on salt, but at least that won't inflict anything beyond a strong discomfort. I don't want to give you any ideas, so I won't describe any, just remember that the goal of this penitence is to become a better person, wholer and cleaner and hopefully a little bit smarter, too.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There are many religions that people will do things like walk on thier knees hundreds of miles to a shine to prove thier faithfulness. But you really should know taht there is no need for humiliating or painful penitance when you can place you Sins on top of Jesus Christ and his cross.

King David repented for several days so that God would not take his son away, it didn't work. Why? becasue all sins require a price to be paid. David didn't have Jesus, we do.

top topics

join