It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has man had its second mission to the moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:43 AM
link   
i just wanna no if man has had its second mission the the moon ?? Is it true that the moon has alot of radiation and that we cant really land on the moon?Is there a moonbase being built?

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure man has had more than 2 missions to the moon.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Apollo Missions

Yes, NASA launched more than two manned missions to mars. The first successful moon landing was in 1969, when Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon.

From the Apollo 11 mission through to Apollo 18 (excluding 13, which malfunctioned preventing the crew from ever setting down on the moon).

For more detailed information check the above link.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieNutter
Yes, NASA launched more than two manned missions to mars.

Errr.... moon? lol Unless you know something we don't.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Anitawee says:

i just wanna no if man has had its second mission the the moon ??

There were six missions which actually landed on the Moon, from July 1969 to December 1972, but none since then.

Is it true that the moon has alot of radiation and that we cant really land on the moon?

No.

Is there a moonbase being built?

No.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Is there a moonbase being built?

No.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Off_The_Street]

Ooh, here we go.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
seriously, i find it quite amusing when people answer questions as to our visits to the moon and the existence of moonbases with such certainty.....as if they hold all the secrets and inside info.

sure, in the realm the GENERAL PUBLIC knowledge, we haven't been back, and there are no moonbases in existence......but how do you REALLY know?

you don't.

its all speculation and opinion - which is perfectly fine...god bless our right to free ideas and speech.....but when you couch those opinions and speculative ideas in terms of definitive knowledge....thats a bit irresponsible IMHO.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Haha, oh well, I highly doubt that there are moonbases being built on the moon. As for the landings on the moon, there have been a few indeed, however what I dont understand is why we stopped after the 70s....

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey I remember a while back, the president mentioned a moon base in his state-of-the-union.

[edit] What I mean to say is he mentioned his wishes to build a base on the moon.

[edit on 8-8-2005 by jacquio999]

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
If there were moon bases they must be very well hidden. Todays star gazers can see most the moon and the scientists the rest. I can only suspect that we stopped going to the moon because there is nothing there. Why spend money on a place we know is empty when we need to start looking at more planets.

(anyway, the greys told us to get out of the neighborhood
)

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I read on the NASA site that when Bush addressed his plans for NASA, they're going to go back to the moon in 2010.The reason that they haven't had many missions to the moon is that they either haven't, or there isn't much point as all they really need to do is to pickup lunar rocks. Exciting 'eh?

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Yeah none of that state-of-the-union stuff ever comes true. Thats the same one where he talked about a manned mission to Mars and hydrogen cars.

new topics

top topics

join