It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US's Secret Foreign Jails

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Two Yemeni men claim they were held in secret, underground US jails for more than 18 months without being charged, Amnesty International has said.
The human rights group has called on the US to reveal details of the alleged secret detention of suspects abroad.

Amnesty fears the case is part of a "much broader picture" in which the US holds prisoners at secret locations.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not at all surprised that the US government is doing one more illegal thing behind the backs of the people. After all we let them get away with starting this war illegally, under blatant false pretenses. And they're still going strong, somehow. They're criminals, murderers and tyrants. Some people would call them terrorists.

The Observer

Secret world of US jails
By Jason Burke
June 15, 2004
Sunday June 13, 2004 The Observer
Jason Burke charts the worldwide hidden network of prisons where more than 3,000 al-Qaeda suspects have been held without trial - and many subjected to torture - since 9/11

The United States government, in conjunction with key allies, is running an 'invisible' network of prisons and detention centres into which thousands of suspects have disappeared without trace since the 'war on terror' began.

cnn

"The U.S. is maintaining an archipelago of prisons around the world, many of them secret prisons, into which people are being literally disappeared, held in indefinite, incommunicado detention without access to lawyers or a judicial system or to their families," Schulz said.

"And in some cases, at least, we know they are being mistreated, abused, tortured and even killed."

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Its the US, but everything else is unknown?

Anyone can claim and assert that they were held in secret, within a secret location in an unknown country, by unknown beings/people, oh wait, then be released........anyone.
Don't think so, read some UFO abduction stories.

Personally, I think this whole story is a government psyops job/ploy...

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I'm not at all surprised that the US government is doing one more illegal thing behind the backs of the people. After all we let them get away with starting this war illegally, under blatant false pretenses. And they're still going strong, somehow. They're criminals, murderers and tyrants. Some people would call them terrorists.

Have proof of this? Court hearings or rulings? Official documentation? Big words without any back up. And please, "The Observer" LOL

And when you say "They're criminals, murderers and tyrants. Some people would call them terrorists." Does that mean all Americans? Thats pretty racist and ignorant.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Its the US, but everything else is unknown?

Personally, I think this whole story is a government psyops job/ploy...

seekerof

[edit on 4-8-2005 by Seekerof]

deleted

[edit on 4-8-2005 by crisko]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
And when you say "They're criminals, murderers and tyrants. Some people would call them terrorists." Does that mean all Americans? Thats pretty racist and ignorant.

where did it say all americans then? I dont see any racism there whatsoever. He just said the US GOVERNMENT and I agree with him.

Considering every one of your posts is about muslims I'd say that it's you who are the racist one, you dont seem to be able to see past the colour of their skin or their religions. You give the impression that you think that all muslims are terrorists!

what is it? ignorance or just plain racism? I thought the motto of this site was deny ignorance? You might be happier posting on the BNP or KKK forum you'd be more welcome there

what a hypocrite

[edit on 4-8-2005 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Rendition is very real.

recent years, well over 100 people have disappeared or been "rendered" all around the world. Witnesses tell the same story: masked men in an unmarked jet seize their target, cut off his clothes, put him in a blindfold and jumpsuit, tranquilize him and fly him away.

They're describing U.S. agents collaring terrorism suspects. Some notorious terrorists such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammad, the mastermind of 9/11, were rendered this way.

But as Correspondent Scott Pelley reports, it's happening to many others. Some are taken to prisons infamous for torture. And a few may have been rendered by mistake.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.usatoday.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
www.unknownnews.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Have proof of this? Court hearings or rulings? Official documentation? Big words without any back up. And please, "The Observer" LOL

Observer is a well-respected (albeit slightly left) UK Newspaper with a proud heritage. Amnesty is well-respected around the World too!

No reason to LOL, especially with your media!!

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Two Yemeni men claim they were held in secret, underground US jails for more than 18 months without being charged, Amnesty International has said.
The human rights group has called on the US to reveal details of the alleged secret detention of suspects abroad.

2 Questions:

1) Was any evidence presented besides "We were held in secret bases"?

2) Wouldn't it be better to try and collect some evidence before calling on the US to reveal details of something that might not exist? It's called keeping your credibility rating high.

I'm not saying it is impossible for there to be such facilities, all I'm saying is before Amnesty International takes the stop of charging the US with these claims, maybe they'd do well to look into it further.

Listen, it's obvious that no detainees are going to have positive things to say about America (rightfully so or not), so I'm just saying looking into it before running wild is a responsible thing to do.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
www.thesmokinggun.com...

here is an Al Qaeda handbook on how to deal with situations where u are detainned by infidels. pretty good instructions.
look at all the pages wen u have the time.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
it's true.. it's true.. I was held in one for 4 months.. Turned out to be the basement of a Crofton ranch and I kept being whipped by a little guy wearing black leather bondage gear and zipper mask who kept trying to make me talk about Nuk-Ular stuff.

It was horrible.....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
it's true.. it's true.. I was held in one for 4 months.. Turned out to be the basement of a Crofton ranch and I kept being whipped by a little guy wearing black leather bondage gear and zipper mask who kept trying to make me talk about Nuk-Ular stuff.

It was horrible.....

Please tell me your joking...

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBunny
it's true.. it's true.. I was held in one for 4 months.. Turned out to be the basement of a Crofton ranch......

What the heck is Crofton ranch? I've heard of Crofton, Nebraska (link) but never the ranch.

Oh wait.. are you attempting to be funny in that post? Did you mean.. Crawford ranch?

Geez..

please know what your talking about before you try and be funny (and fail horribly at it).

[edit on 27-8-2005 by andpau66]

top topics

join