It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a near future war, what wheeled vehicle would you pick that meets your needs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
it seems that even the Humvee vehicles even armored is not enought with insurgents and terrorists using IEDs, remoted detonate car bombs and suicide car bombs. so i was wondering if in urban areas where insurgents are hiding and waiting what vehicle would u pick? based on speed, armor protection, etc. either it be 4 wheel, 6 wheel, or 8 wheels.

i was thinking of this vehicle the xm1117, that i would prefer that provides my needs, like speed, armor protection, but there are other vehicles u can pick.

the Stryker

The Shadow

The South African Rooikat

The Puma made by Italy

The Piranha made by Swiss

PANDUR II 6X6 AND 8X8 LIGHT ARMOURED VEHICLES, AUSTRIA

PATRIA AMV (ARMOURED MODULAR VEHICLE) 8X8 WHEELED VEHICLE, FINLAND

The United Kingdom Panther

The Cobra by Turkey

Russian BTR 80

French Vextra

in anicase if u know ani other vehicle that can do the job equal or better u can post up yer favorite vehicle to deal with a situation like Iraq. like wat wheeled vehicle would u want to be in. no tracks because i want to see wat wheeled vehicle that provides protection and speed while not f**king the roads. the French Vextra looks like a good vehicle to use in urban combat.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A really fast dirtbike, because I'm not a soldier, and if I found myself in the middle of a war, I would want to get the hell out of the combat zone as fast as possible

If I were a soldier though, I might want to be in the Canadian Coyote Reconnaissance Vehicle, which apparently earned a very positive rep in Afghanistan:

I figure the guy that sees the other guy first has an automatic advantage.

[edit on 8/3/05 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Two choises

1 If i have to fight Patria AMV IFV or Patria AMOS mounted on AMV chassis

AMOS

If doing recon (what i'm trained to do) then KTM LC4 400 military

And if i had the choise to decide how to move in hostile urban environment i'd be going on foot, stealthy movement by recon, allways the safest way to go..

[edit on 4-8-2005 by northwolf]

new topics

join