It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best place for steaks where you live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I know everybody thinks they probably make the meanest steaks on their backyard grill, but this thread is to find out which restaurant where you live makes the best steaks. This is a good way for me to compile a list because I might find myself in your neck of the woods someday (God help your city) and I gotta have my steak!!!

Here in Houston it's a place called Taste of Texas. It's the only place I've ever been to where an in-house butcher actually cuts the steak right in front of you to your desired thickness. I usually go for about a 24 oz. ribeye, bacon wrapped, black and blue, with butter and lemon pepper. It comes to the table on a sizzling platter, perfect every time.

www.tasteoftexas.com...

Peace

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
hmm...here in plattsburgh id have to say the ground round or the butcher block(best ribeyes ive ever had)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
In New York, Peter Luger (actually just over the bridge in Brooklyn) is probably the best I've ever been to.

www.peterluger.com...

[edit on 8/3/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Absolute top dawg: www.themetropolitangrill.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My house.

No, seriously. I live in bloody Fargo for crying out loud.....oh wait. Yeah, you can get really good buffalo and deer steaks here

But if it's regular cow you're after...I make a mouthwatering steak

Regular chains: Outback usually does a very reasonable steak for a decent price.

More expensive: A place in England I used to frequent called "Cow City" (I kid you not). Amazing steak.

Hope Someone Else Is Paying: Le Bec-Fin, in Philadelphia , or Brasserie Perrier - same owners, but the latter is the less formal one. Expect to pay around $100/head in Le Bec, and $50 or so at Brasserie Perrier (excluding wines/drinks).

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good God!!! I just inhaled a box of Triscuits reading those menus.

I've heard ravings about, but have never eaten at Peter Lugers. The Metropolitan Grill menu was unbelievable. I lived/worked in Philly (Rittenhouse Square) for a year and am familiar with Le Bec-Fin. The only people I knew up there worked with me in the Mobil refinery. It was more of a Pat's Cheesesteaks crowd and less of a Le Bec-Fin crowd so I never made it over there. Next time I'm in Philly I'll take my girlfriend there.

I'm glad I got some replies. I was starting to think we had nothing but vegans running around here.

Peace

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Select Cut its here in chicago on halstead in boystown.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't eat steak, but my husband says it's a toss up between Ruth Chris in Miami and Don Shula's on Fort lauderdale beach. He eats more at Don Shula's though, since it's closer, so I think it's become his favorite.
www.shulasbeach.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
God damn I love a good steak....

Tallahassee has an abundance of restaurants for such a small town...For a visitor, it would be quite a dilemma trying to guess where to go and score big each time...

While it's not a steakhouse, I've found that Cafe Cabernet offers one of the best filets in town, consistently...And one of the things I find most attractive about their menu is that they'll usually keep the same items, but rotate the sauces and side-items around the seasons...

As far as an authentic steakhouse goes though, the best in town would have to be Nicholson's Farmhouse....The restaurant itself is a restored farmhouse from 1828 - Excellent aged steaks from cattle bred right on the farm...

Okay - Now...Let's say I lived in Tampa....

Bern's Steakhouse - I've had the pleasure of eating here on several occasions, and I have to admit that I really haven't seen done better than this yet....

And if the incredible steaks weren't enough, the desert room is right upstairs and ready to draw the perfect end to a gourmet meal....

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In northern michigan there is a place in boyne but I forget the name.. also in ontario (maybe all of canada) there is a franchise called the keg, they have really really good steak and appetizer bread ( i try to not fill up on it but it's so good i just lose all my self control), abit pricey but well worth it...

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Indianapolis-

We've got all the usual suspects: Shula's, Ruth's Chris, Morton's, Sullivan's. Local carnivores wildly tout St. Elmo's as the original favorite and although they have the most awesome shrimp cocktail ever, their prices are way out of line for the value. Strictly an expense account place. When I travel, I like to soak up the local offerings (as much as they exist anymore) so I avoid the "chains" when possible. With that in mind, I'd say Loon Lake Lodge for steak here. If you ever make it to Indy and don't mind a short drive, in North Salem there's a place called The Red Dog that cooks everything over apple wood and it's IMHO the best, and worth a 30 minute drive out of town.

posted on Aug, 5 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Going to have to go with Bern's, as mentioned above, though be prepared to shell out about $100 per person!

new topics

top topics

join