It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

42 - Ultimate Answer Playing With My Head

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I'm a huge fan of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 42, the book's "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life the Universe and Everything," is driving me nuts. At first glance, whenever I look at a number, I see 42. Whenever I hear a number spoken, I first hear 42, then the real number. But strangely usually, the number I see or hear is in fact 42. And to make matters worse, I live in the 42nd house on my block.

I'm going insane!

At least I'm not panicing!

[edit on 2-8-2005 by invader_chris]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If you have not yet you might want to read the Thread entitled 'Why do I see this everywhere'. We can easily fixate on anything, and once we do the effect can be quite wierd.

I too love those books but 42 is just a number like any other. If it really is a problem then you could counter it with a fixation on another number, say 333. I assume you are being funny when you say it is driving you insane, but if not this could be an easy cure.

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I know how you feel alexander tau after seeing hitchikers guide to the galaxy i have been seeing the number 42 everywhere it really started freakin me out so i decided to use 42 in all different places eg lottery and stuff heh heh i won $10

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
inst 42 the answer to everything on the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy??

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
42 is not just the answer it is indeed the answer to the Ultimate Question: Life, the Universe and Everything.

Unfortunatly that was about as specific as the question got so they could not understand what the answer meant. So they designed an organic computer to come up with the question. This computer was called Earth.

On the very day when a young woman finally suddenly knew what the question was, the Earth was demolished to make way for a hyper-spacial bypass (an off-ramp).

Anybody but me sense that this Thread is going to travel to BTS any second now?

A.T
(-)

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In an effort to centralize discussions about numbers, I started a new thread about numbers and their meanings.
Please add your comments to this "stickied" thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join