It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution - Is It Provable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
And yet science I believe can proof of 6000 year old flood, that is only recorded in the bible.

No, only Kent Hovind can do that. If you are willing to actually examine all evidence, and not just selected bits and pieces, you can not with any degree of rationality conclude a 6000 year old earth.

For cripes sake, we have direct physical evidence of human civilization thousands of years older than that.

Yah, yah, yah, the dating methods are all BS, except for the magic pixie dust Hovind and his ilk use to conclude 6000 years.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
And yet with your own words before, you said there was evident of a 6000 flood.

I guess you where lieing????

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   

And yet with your own words before, you said there was evident of a 6000 flood.

There is also evidence for Santa Claus. Shall we conclude he is real?

There is evidence for any proposition, no matter how lamebrained, as long as it is self consistent.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   
we both know there is no real evidents of santa claus, Or should we the santa claus the parents tell us when we where 5. But nither can you disprove that God is not alive, nither can you disprove that there is a life after death.

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   

we both know there is no real evidents of santa claus, Or should we the santa claus the parents tell us when we where 5.

Of course there's evidence of Santa! The 5 year old has simply not been exposed to the counter evidence, or refuses to listen to it.

The same is true of young earthers. There is evidence of a young earth, but it's crap evidence, and is countered by reams of counter evidence. But if you want to believe in Santa/young earth, you simply refuse to examine the counter evidence and raise your credulity level until the crap evidence seems good enough.

But nither can you disprove that God is not alive, nither can you disprove that there is a life after death.

...and the point is? My inability to "prove" that which is defined in such a way as to be unprovable proves nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
Of course there's evidence of Santa! The 5 year old has simply not been exposed to the counter evidence, or refuses to listen to it.

The same is true of young earthers. There is evidence of a young earth, but it's crap evidence, and is countered by reams of counter evidence. But if you want to believe in Santa/young earth, you simply refuse to examine the counter evidence and raise your credulity level until the crap evidence seems good enough.

I dont think there is real evidents that a fat man went to house to house to give gifts on X-MAS. But there is now a Santa claus in the South pole I believe. But he does not go to house to house on X-mas.

...and the point is? My inability to "prove" that which is defined in such a way as to be unprovable proves nothing.

My only point in tell you this, is the fact that you keep says to prove God is alive, then you will believe. We both know you say this because you cant prove he is alive. Not by evidents or facts anyway. You say alot "prove it" when you know we cant. So all I say to you is you cant disprove God.

[edit on 28-8-2005 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 28 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I dont think there is real evidents that a fat man went to house to house to give gifts on X-MAS.

Well, if we're going to make distinctions based on the credibility of evidence, then no. But on that basis, there's no credible evidence of a world wide flood either.

My only point in tell you this, is the fact that you keep says to prove God is alive, then you will believe. We both know you say this because you cant prove he is alive.

I ask you to prove your assertions because you keep making them. I am justified in scoffing you if you make rediculous assertions and fail to back them up.

If I were here seriously promoting the idea of a real live magic man who delivers gifts and you knew I was serious, wouldn't you demand proof?

Wouldn't you shake your head with pity and laugh at me?

Wouldn't you tell me I should see a psychiatrist? I imagine you would, and then you'd head on to church to worship a magic man who delivers gifts (the gift of salvation).

Not by evidents or facts anyway. You say alot "prove it" when you know we cant.

You admit you can't prove it, yet you authoritatively claim it's true. Go see a psychiatrist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join