It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lol pbs kids show did 666

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The point is that children being exposed to these kinds of messages get curious on the topic of magic. It may is some cases have a later affect on them if they are too overly exposed. One little incident like this on "Cyber Chase" would not really cause much to them, they mabey don't even know what it is.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Legalizer, the only "weak minds" are the people who chose to use the 666 number combination on a kids show when they could have used any other 3 numbers in combination. I think it is safe to say that the producers are well aware of the meaning that 666 is supposed to have behind it.I think you could ask any adult, or heck, you could ask any person over the age of 12 what 666 is supposed to mean and they woulr be able to tell you (eveb if they have never read the Bible).
Using 666 as though it really does'nt stand for something (the beast) in a kids show and then having that same show relate to magic and sorcerers is also poor judgement.

[edit on 4-8-2005 by GREGNOW]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Some of you guys say it caused a backlash, yet I can find nothing else about it on the web. What episode did the incident occur in? Can anyone give an episode number or name?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Ok - wait - hold on a second.

So what I'm getting out of this is that it's more important to continue to teach children that 666 is (OMG) "the devils number" than it is for kids to simply associate the number with the number six?

That's messed up. Real messed up.

Kids don't catch that kind of "devil" association unless someone is shoving that type of symbolism and association down their throats.

Seriously. Messed up.

Will the madness ever end?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
That's absolutely unacceptable

There's no reason to put 666 in an American TV show

Lots of people have voiced displeasure about Cyberchase, mainly because the antagonist is a "hacker" who is seemingly based on Kevin Mitnick. Maybe someone on the inside shares that opinion, and has an agenda to discredit the show?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join