It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA chief says he thinks ETs are out there!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Come on guys and gals, the reality is, we have no idea.

As has already been mentioned, disclosure is predicted on a very regular basis, and as yet nothing has been disclosed.

Logic dictates that there is a high probability of intelligent life existing somewhere else in the universe, as for them visiting this planet, I've yet to see any evidence.

Thats not to say that "they" haven't, just that we have zero proof, which leads to the logical conclusion that they haven't.

If you really want to entertain the idea that they are here, and insist that that is fact, then unquestionable evidence is required.

Don't get me wrong, I would love the idea of Aliens visiting us, indeed I yearn for it to be true, but I also live in the real world.

May I ask if you "believers of alien visitations" are religious or in anyway spiritual, as I tend to believe that those that believe in such visitations have tended to sway from the path of "God" and are looking for something else to believe in?

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Koka]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

May I ask if you "believers of alien visitations" are religious or in anyway spiritual, as I tend to believe that those that believe in such visitations have tended to sway from the path of "God" and are looking for something else to believe in?

There is a world of difference between a believer and an experiencer. However, without progressive contact and communication with alien life, even a person who witnesses alien life himself is still at the same basic level of loss for the truth as a believer, only now he's a ripe target for govt disinformation against the intentions of the visiting races. One sighting or experience does not come with a magic key to understanding what it was or what it meant, or a way to prove the event to those who were not there.

Speaking as a lifelong alien experiencer with advanced, progressive contact and communication directly with many races, I try not to be offended by those who just have not experienced anything like this yet and so assume arrogantly that it just can't be. So let's at least acknowledge the difference between believers and experiencers, whether we are understood or accept yet or not.

Personally, the more I learn about life in the Universe(s), the more awesome God becomes to me. I am greatly relieved to learn that we humans can grow out of this phase of stupid, negative dogma and discover the true spiritual nature of all life, as all advanced races are doing.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

This has been suggested many times, and will continue to be by those who cannot accept that some people are willing to take the intellectual leap required to acknowledge Alien Visits. It requires courage even today, the willingness to ignore those who mock, and frankly that is no small thing.

It comes from a misunderstanding of the nature and purpose of religion. It is not simply a need to worship something, it is a need for answers. Religion takes in all of Reality, it puts us in context with all those things that we do not as yet understand. Aliens are a poor model for a religion. This is why those who do make a religion out of Aliens need to spin these elaborate tales full of detail to use as a basis.

Those people who simply accept that we are not alone are not looking for a new religion. If they are, then they sign up with Rael or any of the others who have spun fantastic tales of Alien Life.

Most of the people here are just looking for the truth and it has nothing whatsoever to do with what they believe about religion.

Logic says the Universe is too big for us to be it. Logic says that the age of the Universe must mean different Races are at different level of development. And finally, Logic says that every single sighting or other report is not invented by those who lie, or who are simply mistaken. Add to that the acknowledged psychological need for humans to believe they are at the top of the food chain and it seems to me, and many others, that the answer to both 'Are there others' and 'Have we been visited' must be yes.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 8/2/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Alien visitation is more than spirituality and what you "believe". There IS physical evidence.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Those people who simply accept that we are not alone are not looking for a new religion. If they are, then they sign up with Rael or any of the others who have spun fantastic tales of Alien Life.

A.T
(-)

LOL
yes Claude and his posse can be very influencial.

ES & AT big thumbs up from me.

I'd like to think that proof may not be presented in the way we'd expect, initially.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

[edit on 2-8-2005 by Koka]

I'm catholic and I believe that there has been aliens here, why not? If we can get off the earth in old spaceships then i'm sure there are others that can do it with newer, more advanced ships. I also don't believe that we are the most intelligent lifeform out there.

posted on Aug, 3 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   

That last thing you said is what I hope happens and they are nice creatures. But really, have you ever seen the UFO subject being played as much as it has recently on TV?

Yes.

Especially in the 80's (when specials like UFO CoverUp Live! were aired, alien movies were big, etc.), then again in the early 90's (Fox specials, etc.).

The difference now seems to be the more serious attitude taken by networks usually hard on News, such as ABC, CNN, etc. NASA has previously announced that there likely was free-flowing water on Mars. They've stated that some meteors MAY contain fossilized evidence of ET microbes, etc. Such public acceptance is indeed a NEW thing, and I for one hope it continues along this path...but that it picks up speed a bit....

A key point to make here, is that most scientists agree ET is out there....the thing is, most don't believe they can get here, because we haven't figured out how to get there yet. Pretty naive thinking really, but nonetheless, that is the purveying attitude.... If I told you 100 years ago, that you could get from New York to Paris in a couple of hours, you'd believe as our current scientists do now. Yet, it is a complete possibility these days. As the saying goes, "those who say it can't be done, are usually interrupted by those who are doing it".....

[edit on 3-8-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I wonder if NASA has to get permission from our GOV. to speak about these things. I wonder if the President said, ok guys I want NASA to talk a little about aliens to the U.S. so that when I disclose it they won't be shocked. There's a reason why Bush is president again and I really don't think its b/c he is a GREAT leader

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
LMAO, saying yes, its common sence to assume were not alone in the universe is a fantastic leap from disclosure. Wishful thinking freind, though id be as excited and bouyed by the actuallity of that as you.

Just about every soul on the planet has enough imagination to accept the possibility of other life, except hardcore religious nuts, weather there a goatherder from khazistan or the head of nasa. Dont read too much into it.

[edit on 123131p://380812 by instar]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join