It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Stance on Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Okay, here are things about how I view religion and about my beliefs.

- Jesus existed but wasn't a supernatrual being. I can't understand why God would send a person that was "better" then us. It wouldn't make a good role model because we can't relate to him. Sure it's easy to be free of sin if you have divine powers. He was more like a teacher and was over exagerated to make Chistianity "better" then the rest.

- Rituals are a waste of time, why do we have them if God is universaly accessable?

- Everything is a sin, even normal bodily functions (mestration being one of them, must have suck to be a women back then). How can we live lives free of sin if it's invoulentary?

- God exists, "it" is a driving force behind the Universe.

- Religion starts like 90% of all wars. This is because of their indifferances, they should gather and discuss their beliefs to better understand each other.

- Praying to Mary, Jesus, etc. is a sin, it's idol worship. God and God alone.

- God invoked creation, everthing has a purpose. The Earth is here for our needs, what ever we do, we have to face the conciquences for our exploitation.

- Animals and lower life are also useable for our needs (torture and other nasty stuff to do to them is a no no). We can genetically engineer them and use stem cells.

- People that are religious have the right to practice their religion without being ranted at about how God dosn't exist, how God is an alien (stupid idea), etc. This is a predjudice. The point is everyone has different ways of getting to the same goal, which is God.

- There is an afterlife, only for people that died of natrual causes. People that have been killed some way reincarnate until they live a full life. If you are a sinner you will reincarnate or go to "hell".

- Astral plane is real. This may be heaven. God is accessable through here.

- Demons and ghosts exist on the astral plane, this is Hell.

- Sins determine the outcome of you afterlife.

- Athieism is a well educated belief and there is nothing truly wrong with it. But they shouldn't rant the religious.

In conclusion, God exists, Jesus existed but was not divine (but may have been sent by God). I don't follow any religion even though I was raised Catholic. I found that religion is an extention of getting to God, but is not needed.

Okay, so that's my stance on Religion. You may comment accordingly as long as it dosen't offend me.

[edit on 8/1/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Um..at the risk of sounding..well, odd....

How are we to know what kind of comments would offend you?

Those disagreeing with your feelings?

Help us out here..we're not psychic

(I did have one point - without menstruation, the human race would've come to a complete stop rather quickly....)

Edit: forgot to add....

Religions don't start wars. The vast majority of religious beliefs advocate peace and some form of tolerance; the problem comes from people disagreeing over the interpretation of these faiths - not the faiths themselves.

Although some would argue that that's just semantics.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Tinkleflower]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just comments that are not constructive. Don't say stuff like, your an idiot or why do you say such things. Other then that I'm fine with it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Okay, here are things about how I view religion and about my beliefs.

- Jesus existed but wasn't a supernatrual being.

You clearly have some non-mainstream beliefs. Considering that you've rejected essential Christian doctrine, why do you maintain that Jesus existed?

top topics

join