It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much to ask?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
is acceptance of our brothers, just too much to ask? why do we humans find it so hard to accept others for who they are?

please, i just dont understand it! i feel like a kid with a 5,000 piece 3D puzzle, i just dont understand this hatred.

so, my one question for you is this: Why?

posted on Aug, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is mankinds nature to fear hate and try to distroy that which is not like him. It has been that ways for thousands of years and I see no change comming soon.

Take solice in the fact that with all the hate, there is love, beauty and happyness.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
monsoon, is that you?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Because hatred is spawned by an event. People just don't hate black people for no reason! Their parents probably spark that hatred, by hating the black people. I don't hate black people, but someone I know does. Someone really close. I don't care, because it's hard to change how I think. I'm stuck on the same opinion for years at a time! I hate my sister sometimes, which is sparked by her doing something I don't like. Hatred is also a matter of opinion. Some people hate 1 thing that others like. Hatred isn't that same with everyone. There are good people out there. Find them, reach for them, don't let them go. I can't exactly answer your question though. I don't know why either.

Sincerely,

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
yes duck, i understand things like what you explained, but im talking about blind, complete hatred of other people, just because of the country they are from, their religion, or their lifestyle. for no personal reason at all, other than ignorant, blind, stupid, hatred! why is humanity so FU**ED UP?

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Because it's these kind of people that f*** it up. These kinds of people either are over-populated, or people are exagerating the population of these kinds of people. When you think about it, America isn't so bad. Iraq is constantly being bombed. How would you like it if your town was being bombed? Scary thought eh? But in American, that is probably not going to happen. Don't forget to be grateful for all that you have. Because America has a lot of it. Same with Britain and major countries like France, etc. Be grateful that you were born with a roof over your head and food. A lot of people don't have these kinds of luxuries. And, believe it or not, the population isn't full of rich white men. It's full of poor people. Most people are poor in this country and all others. And don't forget the be thankful that you have something great to be thankful for.

Sincerely,

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yeah duck, make no mistake. i am grateful for all i have, and i understand the plight of many others. i wasnt complaining so much as looking for some rhyme or reason behind intolerance and peoples own effed up idea that if its differrent, its wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This subject has bothered me for most of my life as I've watched conflicts rage all over the world. I have met people that I have grown to hate for their deeds, but that hasn't made me hate a group or race for the actions of that one.

I don't know the answer, and I'm afraid you may never get a satisfactory answer to this age old question, but keep looking for it, that may be our salvation.

posted on Aug, 21 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
very wise reply, anxietydisorder. i too have been bothered by this most of my short life. i hate no one person or group. i have people that i disagree with their morals and ethics, and people i dont like, but i would never just not tolerate any one person. i would never harm my brother because he believes in a different god than i. everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves, to earn your respect. i know that it is human nature to make snap judgements on people, but that doesnt mean we have any right to hate outwarldy. you have a right to your opinion, but it is wrong to not even give others a chance. just wrong, and then to go and hurt someone else, because of your ignorant opinion?

top topics

join