It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US can't win a air campaign against China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
China can invade Taiwan any time, but is unlikely to do that soon. There has been no balance of arms between the straits since mid-90's. Now China has the capability of wipe out organized resistances in in Taiwan in 36 hour. Most of the Taiwan fighter jets (Even those hide in caves), communications, power, water, port facilities, base, rader networks, would be knocked out within the first few hours of the war. Any large troops would be destroyed by deadly bombs only next to full-fledged NK bomb.
The US military might is a concern, but is not the biggest fact for China in deciding if and when to draw the guns. China had fought direct or indirect wars with the US, and never lost one. In addition, China has been watching US military adventures around the world for many year, and has draw the conclusion that the US can only win the insymitrical wars like in Iraq and Afganistan. If the US does intervine, China will make sure that the war is fought on equal footing, or let's say any American aircraft or missile would no longer be invisible, and NK strikes would be answered and retaliated. China is almost there, not 100%, but close.
The US still have many advanced weapons that China doesn't have, but China also has a number of Assassin's maces that the American don't even know.
To bad that Taiwan may bring China and the US into a major conflict that could lead the world into a dark age. Don't know who is wrong and who is right, that can only be judge by results.
China IS capable of taking Taiwan anytime from now, but the country has a habit of always preparing for the worst, that's why it's military, especially the NK capability keeps growing fast.
Many people like to quote "China menace". But few like to admit that China has its own security concerns (Taiwan being the biggest one). Now the US "defencive arms" is right on China's door step, but few would bother to ask how Chinese feel. If there is such a menace, then that is exclusively targeted at Taiwan independent forces and possible foreign interventions, not the other peaceful neighbors.
The US has a agenda, to pitch China and Japan against each other, every educated Chinese know about it. Is it going to work? don't know. After all, Chinese does hate Japanese. To the US, Japan is just a tained dog, but I bet no one can be sure if Japan will turn into wolf again.
If China fought with Japan over Taiwan issue, I am sure it would be a fight that can only have one survivor. China would use NK if she felt that the war could not be won by conventional ways. Then the ball would be in the US's court, should they give JPs NKs? I guess yes. But I doubt Japan could survive, while China probably can.
NMD&TMD? to me, they don't have much weight at this stage. The theory of using bullets to hit bullets is foundamentally flawed. The future laser weapons will be far more effective. Fortunately, China lead the US in this area for 3 or 5 years. When laser weapons systems are widely in use in both the US and China, both will get new headaches, the American's more serious - the value of their NK deterance will be seriously discounted.

I wish the US and China never fight each other again. If the war started, it would not be possible to controll the duration and scale, not even the US. If the US think they can just copy the strategy and tactics in Iraq and Yugoslavia and win a air campain against China, they will be making a huge mistake. The US will find their satelite down, Aircraft carriers sunk, planes lost in the most dense air-defence fire ever in human history, and Taiwan will fall - it's just less than 150 miles from China and can't walk away.

Puri
----from China

[edit on 1-8-2005 by puri]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I foresee a lot of flaming on this thread ..

gosh we're talking about sunk carriers and downed satellites..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow, pretty optimistic...... on a pessimistic subject.

So your from china. You come to a website and tell a group that is mostly americans that china will destroy us in a nutshell.

That set aside, what is the reason that the United States wants to pit china and japan against each other?? A diversion of military power??

You said you wish there to be no conflict between the US and China. I disagree. Sounds like you want it bad.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ok...

This thread is going to be bad.........

I can see it already.......

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
you're probably an american on a new name and making a useless thread.

I am going to IP check you right now and see where the server is from.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm really confused by the poster..

He sound he wanted war, then the end it by wanting to see peace.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3
I foresee a lot of flaming on this thread ..

gosh we're talking about sunk carriers and downed satellites..

I tried to be subjective. I was not lying by wishing no war between the US and China. I like Americans, their culture, language, music, food, even some of their values.

If the content does insulted some American viewers, I would appologize for not being able to use more subtle words - I am far from mastering English. They are kind messages.

Don't have to check my IP. I AM from China. I spent time working with an American veteran-turned businessman. We talk a lot about war and peace. He is still a soldier at heart. Sometimes, I had to try hard to get him out of that mentality.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by puri]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by puri

The US can win an air won against China. Chinese airforce has bad training and most of their planes are old.

China can invade Taiwan any time

No. China doesn't have the logistics to invade Taiwan.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
ok...

too bad.. I predicted it before you!! I go the copyright for this prediction..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I beg your pardon but China DOES have the logistics to invade taiwan.. All they need is some good intel on USN tactics/forces etc. etc.. and really good generals.. They need to draw the US into a stalemate..

Is taht your real name "puri".. Its an Indian name too btw..

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

Originally posted by rapier28
ok...

too bad.. I predicted it before you!! I go the copyright for this prediction..

actually i believe there is the USA vs China thread, Can China invade Taiwan thread. in anicase dont expect to bragg that u can "predict" ahdead of others as u call it.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AtheiX

The US can win an air won against China. Chinese airforce has bad training and most of their planes are old.

China can invade Taiwan any time

No. China doesn't have the logistics to invade Taiwan.

I don't know for sure CHina has enough logistic support to take Taiwan. But I know Chinese pilots' training aren't as bad as you think. Yeah, China has only a small number of advanced fighter planes - that 's because China refuce to be drag into a arm race at peace time - the Soviet Union had set a good example. Besides, the techs are advancing so fast, money is better put into the most demanding areas. Laser? Microwave, Nk deterrent, submarines, etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
actually i believe there is the USA vs China thread, Can China invade Taiwan thread. in anicase dont expect to bragg that u can "predict" ahdead of others as u call it.

You do belive correctly.. In any case I ain't "expecting" to brag..
I just said I got first picks on that prediction..
Infact if you and I continue on this path, I think I will be a cause to my own prediction.. A sort of "effect preceeds cause conundrum" if you please..

.. Still with me??

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Daedalus3]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
We would suffer bad losses in the air. But you are forgetting our stealth advantage. Our current generation, the F-117 and B-2 are indeed old and slow. But what does it matter, the guy who you dont see kills you. Plus you are forgetting our next-gen fighters, the F-22 and the JSF. The F-22 is for the air force and is extremely stealthy. the JSF is too and has a naval variant which means our carriers would have them in a few years. Hopefully some more of our planes would be UCAVs so the public could bear heavy losses. China's air force will advance substansially by the time China and the USA engage in war, which i think is inevitable but it wont keep pace with our technology.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungN
you're probably an american on a new name and making a useless thread.
I am going to IP check you right now and see where the server is from.

Wrong! You have no reason to doubt that this person is actually posting from China. I'll vouch for this myself.

While this initial post is excellent! I'm afraid that we already have a thread started for exactly this subject. Feel free to repost this in the following thread.

Can China Invade Taiwan

-- Thread Closed

top topics

join