It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Picture..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
excuse me for being retarted if this makes no sense. Anyways I was searching around and I came across this. I dont think its the moon or sun since its too small and bright for the moon and definatly not the sun as it would be giving out more light/rays/it be bigger. anyways heres the link...
www.onslowcountytourism.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I dunno... I just don't get that UFO feeling from this, you know? I mean, it just looks too terrestrial.

It's hard to put my finger on it, but something keeps telling me this is some sort of light, or some sort of something that is completely normal.

Am I making any sense here?

It's just one of those gut feelings. However, technically, since is flying, and its not identified yet, it's still a UFO. I think it's just a UFO from Earth origination, and not from outer space or anything.

-O

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
yeah thats what I feel too. Im not sure... thats why I said "sorry if this is retarted"
cause im not too sure this is an ALIEN ufo.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah I'm getting the same feeling. I don't know what it could be, though.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
could be something to do with the lense maybe?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
hmmm,
nothings seems predictable, unless we see some more details, instead of the Classic one color spots.
hmm.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Very cool pic And1balla2829. Did you find any information on this UFO on the web site?

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's nothing but the moon. Take a picture of the moon with a standard camera (no zoom) and that's what you get. It looks brighter than normal because of exposure time. Take if from me, I've taken many pictures of the moon, and that's the moon.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
It's nothing but the moon. Take a picture of the moon with a standard camera (no zoom) and that's what you get. It looks brighter than normal because of exposure time. Take if from me, I've taken many pictures of the moon, and that's the moon.

Exactly. The moon is a whole lot smaller in the sky than you think it is. There's lots of doctored photos (cityscapes, other commercial photos) that show it as huge and impressive... and it can be if you take a tiny slice of the sky.

Here's a good page on the illusion with photos:
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Also, check the url. It's from a tourism page. They're not taking the picture JUST because it has a blue sky.

The moon likes to appear to change size. Big by the horizon, small up high. Some of that is the atmosphere, but most of it is proportion; down low you can compare it to trees so it looks huge, elsewhere it's alone, so it looks small.

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

The moon likes to appear to change size. Big by the horizon, small up high. Some of that is the atmosphere, but most of it is proportion; down low you can compare it to trees so it looks huge, elsewhere it's alone, so it looks small.

Yeah! Its wierd if you try to take a picture of a big fat Moon rising , it will show up on the picture as Normal size ! But of course it looks huge when rising to our eye's!

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeah it definately looks like the moon. You can tell because it's a little less than full and it has the same type of uh.. how do I say it.. eclipse line? Whatever you call the edge where the dark is seperated from the lit portion.

[edit on 1-8-2005 by Barcs]

posted on Aug, 1 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The moon, I have taken a bunch of pictures of it as well. Funny thing is, in this pic it's not even distorted that much. It's just not full and it iseasy to tell it's the moon at that. It may have taken a full second.

Sorry for being a bleep but I got my hopes up and then found this pic.

top topics

join