It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report of Strange Carcass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I found this report of a strange carcass washed up on a beach in east China after a typhoon. Anyone know more about it? It's BADLY decayed but locals claimed its head was crocodile-like. Not possing any theorys just yet(but I have a few). Is the picture just an old hoax or something? Look familiar to anyone?
www.china.org.cn...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Umm I can't really see the picture that well. Do you know of any clearer pictures of this creature. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Look like a rotted Komodo dragon. But hey who knows.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry, that article is all I found, I did a brief search for others but didn't find anything else. I was hoping it looked familiar to someone. It's probably a dead whale, but who knows...

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well I can see it slightly and it does look like the back is sort of squared like a croc but I can't tell anything other than that and that it appears to me to have two heads. Maybe it could be like that movie Lake Placid

[edit on 7/30/2005 by 9890]

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
We shouldn't trust any country who has one of these...

Also... why is there always only ONE picture when something stange is found :|

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I think i saw that picture about 4-5 yrs ago someone was claiming it was the loch ness monster.. anyone else remember this??? (could have just been another photo that looked like it)

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
you did see a picture of another creature looking like that one, probably a few of them, looks to me just like your typical rotting basking shark carcass, they get mistaken for plesiasaur (yeah i cant spelll) all the time, creatures like nessie.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't *think* that it's going to be anything odd: That the picture is pretty inconclusive tho, I would be surprised if it's identifiable from that shot.

The claimed 12mtr length is going to be pushing at the absolute very top end for a Basking Shark, and that's assuming that this carcass is entire anyway.

I'm going with some sort of cetacean - maybe a sperm whale - if it's got a mouth full of teeth, that is going to rule out the bigger whales by and large ...

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
but whales dont have heads that are a separate section to the torsoe, they are one continuous shape. it said the head was similar to a crocs but the whole thing was bigger than a whale. sounds like nessies cousin to me. NO DOUBT, like everything cool, it wil either be denied or covered up by the government - "no there isnt any nessie. dont go looking for any either!".......im most likely wrong but whatever

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
machelpmaui.com...

found this site on it. not exactly an expert response but better then nothing.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
that looks really weird. but i don't think anyone's gonna be able to tell what exactly that thing is by that picture but maybe if they took a skin sample to a research lab...duh

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigWyrm
Also... why is there always only ONE picture when something stange is found :|
'

Ya, you'd think if it was really strange they would take more pictures instead of "only having time to take one bad quality picture"

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I've heard they have HUGE crocodiles in northern australia that are like the size of a bus in length. If that's really true (haven't actually seen one of course) there could be all sorts of monsters. There are the dragons that live in parts of asia (see croc files when he goes to see them).

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Could be a rotten corpse of a Great White shark. Alot of people remember the infamous photo of the fisherman boat that pulled in a rotten corpse to what appeared to be a oceanic dinosaur. A scientist, whose name escapes me at the moment, had the rotten corpse of a Great White, he pulled it up into the air just like the orginal photo and they looked identical. The first part of a Great White to rot when it dies is it's head, almost 90% in fact. This gives the appearance that the corpse has a very long neck, like a Plesiosaurus.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Beat you by a day.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I guess less IS more.

top topics

join